Instead of hero pool why not players choice of ban?

Why have 1 of them while you can have none of them?

because they want to tryhard to be different and don’t want player bans calling out their mistakes hard

they hate player choice and they keep sabotaging their own creation in order for players give up more control

I know she was just trolling, the minuscule effort put into the replies confirmed it.

Good question, honestly if we must take one i would rather have a players choice dictate because that looks like the lesser evil.

1 Like

It’s this one :wink:

Love you both, but you gotta calm down. It ain’t that important.

Because you know who is responsible for locking out your hero. You also simply give people who are better more power over other players. That’s just stupid. We also don’t know how the ban system works and how random it’s decided. On PTR the first tank band was WB, second was D.Va.

I’m a WB main and I would 100% not touch the game if that happens. D.Va is my least played tank and I imagine I would be so pissed from the the first week (and also find other things to do) that I wouldn’t come back that week either.

You think me randomly not being able to play my favorite heros every efen game, gambling to see if I can have fun, is NOT going to make me leave?

Hell no. I play all the tanks (except D.Va) ban one and I’m done. Give me a bigger hero pool before you limit me or don’t limit me at all.

1 Like

Because Jeff said hero bans are bad without addressing the problem…

So their superior solutions is…

…hero bans.

2 Likes

I cant even express it clearly how much i love the irony in that.

1 Like

This is why. Because it’s only fair if the devs do it for us. It’s not based on bias bs. It will be based on stats. Because why ban a hero that isn’t an issue

Why do people use this as the argument? Hide the opposing team but show what map you’re playing on. Boom, problem solved. Now you’re banning basing off of what heroes you don’t want to go against on maps.

Each rank finds certain heroes more problem some than other ranks. Literally solves itself.

1 Like

You want MORE reasons for people to throw?

Tinfoil hat on
It’s the next step in monetization. They’re going to go full Mobatrash with "These heroes are available this week but you can buy the “All heroes pass” each week for $9.99 to access the full roster.
Tinfoil hat off

1 Like

Thats honestly the worst thing you can fo as game dev

It will be still based on somekind of bias because total randomisation wont gonna ever change the meta.

They are going to tie it to hero popularity to bruteforce meta shifting what will be equal to players banning the most problematic heroes they dislike.

People would just ban meta, or worse, waste a ban slot.

Heck, people in this game are more likely to be at each other throats than working with each other. This forum is the prime example of people being retards with each other here.

Thats kind of everywhere in any hero shooter, i mean that retardation towards each other. Even full pve games suffer from those but i believe that bans if they appear must be player controlled because thats the most fair approach.

I just had enough of this player base in general.
Cause I know if ban is introduced, they are just gonna fluffed it up somehow.

Right. But that’s targeting via stats. Not “I hate doomfist he annoys me van him. Oh we didn’t ban doomfist I’m going to throw my game then. Next time listen to me or else.” This community has proven time and time again they are not trustworthy enough to make choice that are best for the team.

Its still the same deal, do you honestly think that the guy who would throw because your team did not ban doom wouldnt not throw throught the week if his main is banned by Blizzard?

We are talking about people who would rather make their team lose because on of the players choosed Lucio instead of Baptiste and this is somehow bad for him.

Also not just the community but Blizzard too prove it from time to time again and again that they are not trustworthy enough to make choices what are good for the game.

Rolequene and forced 2-2-2 enforcing 10-20 minute wait-times for 1 third of the playerbase for sure decreased our population harshly, the frequent complaints about the report abuse too remain unsolved just aswell as many other problems.

They even said that hero banning is a bad idea they would never do and we are here talking about alternative hero banning ideas because they want to introduce one.

Heres what i see if their plan goes throught:

1. Because its based on popularity aka usage it will make the vast majority of people REALLY angry. Theres no other way they could do this except with pure randomisation what cant change metas.
  2. It will ban atleast 2 hero from each roles generating even more salt among the playerbase because it shrinked down the already small tank/support roles.
  3. The players deciding to not play while their mains are down will cause an expected increase in the wait times once again, i think of atleast +5 minutes.

Any other sceniario will create different kind of outrages and my illustration upper was the most ideal version of their own plan.

The player base has abused every tool Blizzard gives them to try and make the game better. Players would end up banning heroes they don’t want in their matches.

Cause ppl will get salty and characters like Mercy will never see the light of day. Not only that but how will you set it up? Two bans per role? Even then some people will just be salty and ban the likes of Mercy and she’ll never get played.