Instead of hero pool why not players choice of ban?

Like come on, every game of similar category uses teamchoice based bans, both sides get equal amount of choices to ban something they dont want to see.

Give the 3 highest ranked player of each team 1 choice to ban a hero and voila, people can have varied matches and fun without getting annoyed that they are going agains the same setup again, again and again.

7 Likes

Itā€™s better this way. Just facts.

2 Likes

People point to ban metas, and if you have an open profile they can just ban your main.

35 Likes

No.

14 Likes

It prevents trolls from banning bastion in GM who has no % pickrate

6 Likes

Doing this would render some heroes never playable in this case due to the majority mainly hating characters like Doom, Widow, and Moira (this is an example). I think its better to have the devs decide or have it randomized than have it be the players choice.

11 Likes

Interesting point.

I have a similar one, but itā€™s ā€œyesā€

6 Likes

ā€œBan Doomfist or I throw.ā€

Do you honestly expect the OW community to not devolve into threats and throwing if we get to make the decisions?

35 Likes

People already throw, so letā€™s not pretend this is a solid excuse.

2 Likes

True, but I trust the devs a tiny bit more then my fellow players.

9 Likes

It is though.

The same way some people are violent and itā€™s a dumb idea to then hand them a knife.

1 Like

A violent person can just go buy a knife. Try another example.

Why? Your statement isnā€™t relevant to the point being made.

Jeff Kaplan gave a very detailed post to why Overwatch is not currently using a Hero Pick and Ban System:

10 Likes

Weā€™re talking about a video game. Iā€™m not going to entertain your absurd examples.

Fortunately i do not acknowledge your authority to make such determinations.

Gatekeep elsewhere, you bore me. If you arenā€™t going to argue in good faith, go find someone who has the energy to interact with you.

4 Likes

Because we are too stupid for them.

Itā€™s quite simple:

1. The players would simply ban the same characters over and over, making those characters simply unplayable.

2. You would also get arguments about which ones to ban and then youā€™d also get threats of throwers/leavers if they donā€™t get their way.

ā€œBan Hanzo or I throw!ā€ ā€œIf you DO ban Hanzo, I WILL throw!ā€

No one would be happy at the outcome. Itā€™s far better for the hero pools to be randomized.

7 Likes

Worse thing ever. The only way hero bans would work if is everyone had their choices preset and the dominate choice wins. Prob be a bit of random RNG for ties and junk.

Either way its a bad idea. Certain heros would be banned more and players would leave.

Iā€™m on the fence about leaving with just Bliz implemented bans. Iā€™d 100% leave if players would have the choice.

Because the devs do not trust us.