Infinite scrolling VS pages for forums

Which do you prefer?

I honestly wish that pages were at least an option. I was very used to the old forums, and the infinite scrolling makes this new site feel completely alien.

12 Likes

pages
also the minimum sucks

6 Likes

PAGES, it is nice to have organized groups of posts and a break for your eyes, instead of having one continuous endless textwall where there’s no breaks and you cant stop reading then easily pick back up later

5 Likes

Pages.

Post must be at least 20 characters

3 Likes

I’ve gotten used to infinite scrolling on other sites, so it’s not only more familiar but more convenient for me.

Really don’t like infinite scrolling. It always has some weird jankyness when you try to skip far ahead or behind because of the way it loads/unloads posts with no added convenience.

3 Likes

I can’t stand infinite scrolling used for static and organized content such as forum posts. It’s good for scrolling through random stuff, but makes no sense here.

2 Likes

PAGES, PLEASE. Infinite scrolling lags my phone and makes navigating threads way more difficult.

4 Likes

I like pages a lot more. It is a lot more organized and makes things easier to find.

1 Like

Agreed, I really despise the infinite scrolling.

1 Like

The infinite scrolling is nice until the thread gets like 30+ posts.

3 Likes

Infinite scrolling is ok on the topics page.

Infinite scrolling is unusable on mobile for threads.

Threads need pages. At least make it an option, like you said.

1 Like

im still not entirely sold on scrolling but its getting better the more i use it i think they need a little more navigation or i just havent entirely figured it out, i think pages as an option would be great though

Pages. This isn’t even a debatable topic on which is better to me. I see absolutely no appeal to the infinite scrolling

4 Likes

I am personally loving the infinite scroll.

I’m liking the infinite scroll, you don’t need to go back more than a few pages back then either so it’s not that different in terms of how much you see. This applies to the main forum and inside the threads.

The search function is much improved so you can look up specific posts within the thread and skip to it instead of going through the pages one by one looking for it.

PS: Hmm… CTRL-F no longer brings up the search box… did they remove it?

PPS: On some tabs, CTRL-F on the site works, on others, the browser search pops up, what the heck.

I’m not very fond of infinite scrolling. It eventually starts making the page all wonky when scrolling back up.

I really do NOT like the scrolling. Especially on my smart phone. I used to always surf the forums while I was a the gym on my phone, but now I find it so frustrating and annoying that I’m not doing it anymore.

I would like pages to at least be an option.

2 Likes

Hate it. And there’s soooo much wasted space. I think whoever wrote it keeps their mouse scroll speed at 5x normal and the whole thing makes so much sense to them :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Pages preferred please!

1 Like