Increased Amount of Lag Spikes Post Brigitte Patch

This is happening to every single person I have talked to, Blizzard please take action and actually investigate this on your end, it is NOT a single ISP or persons issue here. I’m a systems engineer, engage someone similiar on your end.

4 Likes

Day 14, Still getting lag spikes since Brigitte patch. Getting all the same symptoms everyone here is listing.

Tried all the troubleshooting recommended by blizzard.

1 Like

I’ve had the same issue, was averaging 55ms, now 90 is standard spiking to 150 every 20 seconds or so. Gonna try reinstalling but want to put a pin on this thread

1 Like

Hello,

I did in fact file a ticket, and I followed through on the steps provided. One thing that helps me stabilize Overwatch is by restarting my router… But that only lasts for a certain amount of time, and I eventually experience lag spikes.

Can Blizzard reverse what they did during this patch? I miss playing at a consistant 37 ping :frowning:

1 Like

Can confirm, Ive had same issue. Usually its a small increase. Happens more often when more heroes are on the screen. Seems like they freeze and then teleport forward for a very brief moment.

1 Like

Yeah my ping slingshots back and forth +20ms since the Bridgette patch. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised anymore because this seems to happen every time a new patch comes out. Most likely when Retribution is released it’ll only make the problem worse if the past is any indication.

I was sitting at 40-43ms before the patch and my ping jumps between 50-70ms. Causes major delay on my shots in competitive as well as my friend’s. He’s on a different ISP as well.

Not sure if this issue is somehow region specific but if it helps I’m in Alberta, Canada with Shaw as my ISP and my friend is with Telus in Alberta as well with identical issues.

So hopefully blizzard takes this seriously and looks at their end.

Note: Overwatch is the only game that has any ping jumping this severe for me.

1 Like

Yeah my ping skyrocketted after this update, I lag and rubber band like mad.

Ive never had this issue before the Bridget update and now my ping spikes every 20-30 seconds. Its a nightmare and It kills my excitement for Retribution if this is what I have to look forward to.

Hello, im here again to say that I solved my lag spikes problem, it turns out that it was not the game, but an other app open on my computer. What was causing this to me was the Razer Synapse 3 app. I was trying out some stuff to see if it could come from somthing else and it did. You just got to look arround for some other things that may take internet power or try with Razer Synapse 3 if you have it right away. To fix the problem you can either close what you found that cause the lag spikes or for my part, I downloaded something called GamFirst IV. It’s an ASUS app on windows that allow you to control the internet prority of what is currently open and uses it. It allowed me to keep the app open while still having a stable latency in OW. If you take this app, wich I recommend because you can stop it’s wifi usage completely without closing the actual thing wich could give you a chance of finding the problem, all you got to do if you find it is to go on the application part of GameFirst IV, chose manual and put it to lowest. This is what I did on my end and it stopped the lag spikes that I was experiencing in OW. This is all I know of the situation currently and I cannot garanty that it will solve everyone’s problem as I do not know what you have. Thank you!

Well I don’t use Razer devices so that’s a no for me dawg.

why is the lag so bad just before a event

I connected with network cable and there is no lag spikes. This is definitively related to wifi connection.

Same problem here. HUGE latency issues since Brig patch. Not only it shows my MS jump to 80-100 in-game (it was 45-60) but also I feel lag spikes so badly. If Blizz wanted to improve something… they failed this time. I cant even play the game right now. Few times had to leave match coz of it.

Same here. I have 2 internet services and both of the i get lots of lag. My ping was: 60ms in the other internet was 70ms. Now i get 130 ms and 100 ms with huge lag spikes.

Note: Both of them i use ethernet cable, no wifi.

I also want to say that the app GamFirst IV can show you what is taking a lot of internet usage so if there is anything that is making the lag spike happening in game this should help to identify it. It’s the top 5 app in Network Monitor section of this app. hope it can help some of you.

I’m noticing the same problem since the Brigitte patch (NA on PC) - lag spikes from 130ms-190ms every couple of minutes. This is while connected to 150mbit internet with no other lag issues, besides Overwatch. I’ve tried reinstalling the game, using wired and wireless, and different computers. Still laggy and pretty unplayable.

I’ve never had any lag problems in overwatch, up until recently my pings were constantly 30-40ms …

1 Like

Getting the same problem. 50ms to 350ms to 50ms constantly. Only since the bridgette patch. No problems at all in any other games. Nothing changed with my hardware or network.

Yeah I get lag spikes and Frame rate loses. I’ve done the troubleshooting. Yes the suggestions I received earlier worked VERY temporary, within 2-3 matches the problems were back.

1 Like

Yes I am having the same issue. its unplayable now. guess i will just quit until they fix it. Kind of super annoying :frowning:

1 Like

I am connected with a network cable and I am experiencing lag spikes so this is false.

2 Likes

I’ve got high quality network cable that I purchased from Monster Cable. It’s Cat6 and is more responsive than Cat5. I’d NEVER play this game or any competitive game online without Ethernet.

But yes, this game has MAJOR issues and nobody from their staff is addressing it. The only thing they want are those two files they keep on requesting. That’s not going to troubleshoot the issues because it’s the game itself and not the hardware.