Increase 6v6 to 7v7

Larger team options would be a nice idea for the arcade or the custom browser.

2 Likes

They both are due for some new content too. I don’t see why Blizz doesn’t at least try out some ideas like this.

2 Likes

Shields and armor are not all-powerful and I can think of a number of characters that can counter a number of those characters.

That being said, you bring up a fair point and that indicates a credible need for a limit on picking a certain number of characters from a certain class, if this 7v7 idea were adopted. Sorry to those who wanted 7v7 all DPS.

My favorite part of this is that you could NEVER play 2-2-2 and one role will always be larger than another one. Which is cool. Especially since half the cast is dps anyway it would allow for more even pickrates across the board depending on how the meta unfolds

1 Like

Yes it does.

100% power divided by 6 players is individually MORE than 100% power divided by 7 players.

That means each player as part of an overall team, is less of a liability, should one player suck a lot.

Thus, you should prefer 7v7 over 6v6, unless you just really trust all your teammates.

what I want to know is that why can’t we have this option in custom games I would like to see a 9v9 game.

1 Like

I AM NOT YOUR BUD, FRIEND.

You say me as if people don’t routinely complain about compositions in this forum, as if any member of this forum is above the inherent hate the game lends itself toward as a result of teammates put in situations where they are bound to fail. The game should not place so much reliance on individual teammates that 1 person can consistently ruin everyone’s game. I’d also say, if you say you have never hated your teammate, I do not believe you or you have not played much competitive.

Increasing the number of players decreases the power each individual person has to ruin the game, which in a game dictated so heavily by metas and throwing, would be a welcome fix. The number would not go above 7 because reducing each person’s power too much can be boring; though a 12v12 optional mode would be strongly welcomed on the side.

Adding tons of characters that have slowly snowballed into utlra specific OP metas, has slowly shown that 6v6 as a game mode is fundamentally flawed and 7v7 makes more sense in the context of metas which currently are forcing players into specific characters and ultra-specific compositions. Other franchises don’t design themselves as poorly as Overwatch for so long with so many snowballed complaints that go ignored.

I believe that just because you are used to 6v6, and believe it’s right, does not mean that is the case.

Let’s go all out TF2 and have 16 v 16 then! /s

1 Like

IM NOT YOUR FRIEND, PAL

I dont disagree that adding a person decreases the potential for one person to ruin the game, but one person could still very easily ruin the game. One person can ruin a 4v4 deathmatch, one person can ruin moba games with 5v5, one person can ruin a 6v6 with ow, so i just dont think adding one more player would do enough to make the vast amount of work worth it.

You say that “…has slowly shown that 6v6 as a game mode is fundamentally flawed…” but im not sure that its that clear. We do know for sure there are problems, but can we definitively show they are from the number of players on each team? i dont think so.

I think the problem youre refering to comes from bad matchmaking, a bad ranking system, and people just being toxic which ruins team moral and loses games. Now i also am not 100% sure of this, just as you are not 100% sure, but thats how youre presenting this idea, which can turn some people off.

Where is the evidence that adding a player to each team solves these kind of problems? Im not saying it doesnt exist but if you want to support your idea itd be nice to see, maybe some other game that dealt with this issue and solved it that way?

Side note edit: 12v12 would be a hilariously awesome side mode, why not add more silly stuff like that to events

A problem is it’s too easy for 1 player to ruin a 12-minute game intentionally or otherwise. This would be a direct way of diminishing that issue.

Going to 7v7 would require a fundamental redesign of the game. There are far simpler fixes that the game could do before trying that.

1 Like

I’ve dealt with Windows 8.1 menus with more options. Blizzard’s arcade menu is shiet and it should have like 10+ more slots filling the whole screen. I want to go to an arcade not my grandmother’s boardgame cupboard.

Oh, and 7v7? Let’s just add another healer to GOATS, shall we?

Id love an arcade mode of 7v7 or 9v9. Or even more…

Watch the meta be quad tank and triple support

1 Like

I actually think that going the opposite way would be healthier for the game… instead of 6v6, do 5v5. That way, you’re forced to give up a character, which means that a lot of traditional comps would have to re-examine how they play (i.e. in GOATS, who do you drop and who do you keep?)

I am 100% that I am 99% sure that I’m 98% sure.

So you’re trying to say that if one person isn’t doing their job then the flex player can fill it and everything will be perfectly fine? No. The enemy will have 6 2-2-2 members doing their job as well as a flex player also doing their job so it would still be 6v7. I say 2-2-2 and a flex because that’s how I imagine it would pan out.

Having more strategy and variety is a fair point and I can agree… But if there is a meta, then there isn’t variety because it’s still the same few heroes every match.

And why would this be any different in a 7v7 scenario? People will still want x hero/role.

i think they atleast need to let us try it out on the arcade, i’m not too keen on the main game mode, but i would love to see an arcade mode that increased max team limit

like 7v7 or 8v8 arcade only, but thats me

7v7 or UvU?
(9 characters required)