6v6 leads to too many imbalanced games. Just increase it by 1 and you’d eliminate or significantly diminish a lot of problems while still keeping load times reasonable and strategy at the forefront with a balanced emphasis between individual contribution and teamwork.
Problems Diminished By Doing This:
- Everyone dying because of 1 bad player
- Being forced into certain metas
- Being forced into certain classes
- Being forced into certain characters
- 1 player having the overwhelming power to throw a team’s game
I’m sure you’d have to rebalance somewhat the shields and health to accommodate this; possibly need to cap a certain number of characters from a certain class if certain unforeseen OP class-based metas emerge from this. Otherwise I see more upsides than downsides to this change since it’d bring more variety to the table, open up a lot of options, and eliminate or significantly diminish the issues users routinely complain about on these forums.