In your opinion, why is hanzo balanced?

He’s very OP

2 Likes

I like how none sees that his real problem is his one shoot from primary , because of increased speed, who can kill faster then him now, you can literally run around with just his mobility and primary and take pick with no problems, his e ability is just extra for certain situations, he can kill tanks with primary fast too, that is there just for convenience.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s 3 characters out of the entire roster who can escape. Everyone else gets essentially a death sentence. I mean even playing solo I get huge numbers of kills with Grav. It’s by far the most reliable ult in the game. Aside from DVa defense matrixing the thing or a Zarya with just godawful timing on it, the thing is going to land 2-3 kills at minimum. If youv’e got a coordinated team on voice chat, the ult has insane teamkill potential. The only way to maybe save yourself is Zen’s transcendence, besides that, there’s very little counterplay you can do besides throw up a Rein barrier and hope for the best.

No it isn’t, it is putting to where it always was, there was an unintended change to the charge rate of his ult with the change from scatter arrows, which tended to be used rarely as a self defense tool and storm arrow which is used far more frequently.

During all of the Hanzo change discussions, descriptions, etc, there was never once a statement concerning his ult charge rate, yet every intentional change was discussed at length.

It simply needs to be in line with what it has always been. Calling fixing it a “nerf” is pedantism on the scale of Brig mains calling McCree a hard counter.

If you played Hanzo before you’d know he could get his ult just as fast.

2 Likes

well, since hanzos abilities are basically shalins abilities but better. Make storm arrows not headshot, and keeps him locked in place, but he can cancel it. Nerf withdraw by 2s. Nerf the damage to 60 per shot but he gets more ammo and a longer duration.

Make him a glass sniper

Hanzo was my 2nd most played hero before the change (still is), so yeah, I know precisely how many ults I had and where I had them pop on every map then vs now, and it is much faster now.

The only change I want to see is making it so mercy damage boost doesn’t work on his ult.

That way there is some reliable counter play (zen) to grav dragons.

Other than that, I want to way to see if new Sym shakes things up at all before doing anything else.

Listen , they had thous ults many moons ago and it was not a problem , problem is overtuned heroes, who have way to much given so there is no reason not to take them.

hanzo is not balanced he is a tier above op broken.

hanzo need huge tuning, but not huge like ana got at the end of season 3

he need some tunning in his Storm Arrows ability

Seems like he’s got it all right now. Positioning, Escape, Burst, Range, Vision, No Reload, am I forgetting anything?

(Oh yeah, the Ult. Which the forums were yelling about being trash for a long time until Brigitte brought Reinhardt back, and Reinhardt brought Zarya back with him, and then suddenly you got GravDragon which was always an option but let’s set that part aside for now)

I’d take him in one of two directions. Either reduce his damage output (either directly or by reverting default arrow speed or by reducing the number of Stormbow arrows).

or

Increase his cooldowns significantly.

Personally, I like the idea of Hanzo being a very Ability-centric hero, and I think that either solution would work well toward that. I’m very cool with the idea of McCree being more Skillshot-centric with few abilities, and Soldier basically holding the middle ground between them.

OP nerf version seems ridiculous for me, he is busted yes but his E should only have 5 arrows and cd up to 10. Or 4 arrows with cd 8. Lunge cd up by 1-2 seconds and he should be relatively fair to deal with. Asking for him to reload seems a bit silly because who reload a bow? His clip is one and you can literally see him reload every shot.

hanzo would actually be balanced if they just didn’t increase his arrows speed

that buff made him into a hitscan at close-mid range which makes him a viable pick no matter what the enemy team is playing

he basically counters everyone because of this buff

I think they should have either buffed his arrow speed, or gave him his new abilities. Together it’s all a mess of OP

Brigitte is at fault to, she basically counter hanzos best counters.

lunge made him survive better and his e is the same as his scatter just more consistent and more fair to play againts

arrow speed increase is the true reason why he feels so powerful

He’s a sniper. Or used to be. He should be countered by diving onto him. Survivability is a snipers weakness.

1 Like

yes , but he is more of a close range hitscan now then sniper, or rather both, which makes no sense.

BEcause he has trajectory weapon. He can’t consistent sniping compared to widowmaker.
I think nerfing storm arrow 's cooldown as 10 should be enough.

1 Like

He can do more consistent sniping then widow, his arrow speed is fast enough, you do not have to worry about anything else then your cursor position on your target.
Did not have any problems playing him and landing shoots on moving targets and I do not even play him , if I play “sniper” I play widow, do not think that I started to magically calculate trajectory.