In quick play I get almost only defense games?

In quick play, do most people quit when they get defense?

Im curious because I seem to get more defense games than attack
games and I don’t quit the games.

Since Im not writing the game order down, it could just be observation error but before Role Queue, I’d usually get a map on attack then the same map on defense (or the other way around). Now, I mostly see a multitude of defense games in a row, then a king of the hill game or two, then maybe an attack but more likely … more defense games.

1 Like

Not that I’ve noticed, assuming you mean at the start of the game. There’s almost always one person who quits on defense as soon as point A is taken in Assault/Hybrid, though, or as soon as one round is lost in Control.

Mostly beginning.

So do you get nothing but all defense QP games in a row now?

I quit the moment I get defense personally. I HATE having my time wasted and nothing feels more like time wasted than sitting near a point for 5 minutes waiting and hoping they can’t push into you, only for a last minute saving grace to come and postpone the loss even longer. I just don’t like playing on defense. Feels too much like waiting to lose. Attack is a bit different. Feels like I’m trying to expose weakness in an enemy team, and first points usually favor attackers so you get back into the fray after a death much more quickly.

Oh same. I hate defense but I dont feel it is fair to others to not play it and it’s educational.

So do you get nothing but all defense QP games in a row now?

Like just now, I got Havana, Lunar Colony, Hanamara. all defense … then Rialto on attack (which is miserable to attack on, in my experience) then back to defense on Gibraltar. And the fact that I got any attack map is a rarity. I wasnt backfill on any game.

I get pretty even distributions of both. I stay in the lobby instead of quitting/re-queuing during Play of the Game like a lot of people. As long as that server instance stays up, it automatically alternates between attack and defense, unless it has to reshuffle teams.

I literally haven’t left the queue since I made this post. My game after defense on Gibraltar, was defense on Rialto. The alternating between attack and defense on same map has definitely gone away for me.

Oh if I keep getting them, I just keep leaving until I get attack. I even leave koth maps because they drive me up the damn wall. I despise them the way some people hate 2CP. (I like 2CP)

2 Likes

Same, koth is annoying (I don’t quit but they annoy me, maps are too restrictive and make characters that boop way too powerful).

After Rialto on defense, Defense on Blizzard World. I just don’t get it. Unless it’s an issue of I’m always the single person in a team with 5 people grouped… I definitely haven’t seen a group either since Role Queue started.

Play order for tonight:

1. Havana (D)
  2. Lunar Colony (D)
  3. Hanamara (D)
  4. Rialta (A)
  5. Gibraltar (D)
  6. Rialta (D)
  7. Blizzard World (D)

I just quit playing OW entirely after the 7th game. I’m tired of only seeing defense games.

I moved this post to the bug report forum.

1 Like

I get the same thing with only attack, I’ve tallied up the matches and out of 26 games I only got defense 3 times.