If these continuous clusters of "Defend" matches continue, then I question how well the map rotation in this game works

Why doesn’t it keep track of how many Defend games you encounter? Because only getting Defend games is tedious, boring and frustrating. No map rotation should be completely random.

5 Likes

I’m confused. 2cp is attack and defend, payload is attack and defend, king of the hill is attack, hybrid is attack and defend. What do you mean about only defense?

I get this issue a LOT.

Basically, some nights you’ll log in and get in one game after another and if the map isn’t king of the hill, you’ll almost exclusively be a defender.

There are a lot of people complaining about exactly the same issue.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/search?q=only%20defense%20games

I suspect the issue is that people who queue up in groups that consist of just tanks/heals get an actual random assortment and that anyone who queues up solo (or with others that are taking dps roles) gets shafted.

My suspicion that the role queue is the culprit springs from the fact that this issue started the day it was implemented.

Before role queue, I would get Rialta on Attack, the Rialta on Defense, then Gibraltar on Defense, then Gibraltar on Attack, then I would have all 11 recent players switch out and get a random assignation into another scroll of games.

1 Like

Quick play, not comp.

1 Like

It is entirely random unless you stay in a server. If both teams stay and play multiple matches, you will rotate both sides on maps and get new maps. This rarely happens though

1 Like

I usually get a decent taste of both when I solo que, but every time my husband and I play together I constantly get 2cp and defend maps.

I’m so sick and burnt out on defending the game is starting to become a chore more than anything.

Oh okay I see.

I generally only play in a group of 2 or 3, and I’ve gotten 7 defense games and 3 koth games. I’m leaning more towards it’s a coin flip and if you do thousands of coin flips, eventually you’ll get strings where it’s all heads or all tails.

Yes but are any of your group selecting the dps role which extends the time in queue by 2-5x that of only support/tank roles?

I queue as a solo support in Quickplay and I also get defense probably more than 80% of the time. It is really irritating because it just gets so repetitive and boring.

Yep, I despise it. I prefer attack but am happy with a mix of attack and defense. I never want king of the hill but I will suffer it because i know some people like it.

Instead, I get only 8 defense games, 1 attack game and 4+ king of the hill (just ugh).

1 Like

Yup literally same situation here. I’m on PS4, idk if that will help the dev team fix it.

I get this issue almost every time I play QP or MH. I suspect it’s just that fewer people quit attack games during set up. I’ve tried staying in the game at the end but I’ve literally only had it switch sides on the same map once in about a year. I remember it happening because I was so shocked that I hadn’t been booted back to queue.

1 Like

I mean yeah. Typically we’ll have 2 players queued for all 3 and the third on DPS. And we change roles every match so everyone gets a chance to play just DPS.