In GM, 18/28 heroes have less than 2% pickrates

True but all of XqC’s games are like that because people stream snipe him and throw to get attention. Most games aren’t like that.

I’ve played with XqC several times, the games were super chill and fun.

I

Honestly, people usually seem more chill at high ranks. They still use comms and teamwork and try hard, but they usually stay positive because they know it’s easier to win if your team is happy.

1 Like

Symmetra is so bad that you excluded her huh? :cry:

How many players total are there at GM rank and above? How many are below GM?

Good to know that it is. But one more thing…Why does reaper seem pretty useless in many scenarios? I honestly think he needs more reliability.

XD it autocorrected from sym to sum

^ This is the % released a month or so ago

It’s actually not simple like that at all. There will ALWAYS be weaker heroes. The thing is that it really isn’t a problem because when it all boils down, a hero is only as weak as your ability to play that hero. If you just let people play what they are good at, you’ll still win games. You may lose some games where your team has 5 dps but you’ll win some where your team has 5 dps. Beyond that, people WILL swap if they genuinely don’t think their pick is working. sometimes you just need 1 of the 5 dps to swap and you fix your problem.

The game is so much more beautiful and balanced than people give it credit for.

Because there is too much CC in the game that it screws him over and makes his ult useless. Also too much armor. They should buff his shadowstep mobility and make his bullets armor piercing.

1 Like

But this is the one case where the meta has trickled down to some extent through all the ranks. If anymore than 3 people commit to the Brig + Hanzo meta, its near impossible to win especially with the lack of comms in the lower ranks.

what server are you playing on, literally every sym 1 trick in my game gets insta flamed / avoided.

North America West Coast. (With all the OWL players)

lucky you, east coast is chock full of people who have no business in gm, and a lot of 1 tricks.

1 Like

I agree, because Brig is both pretty easy and too strong, so she does well in low ranks. It’s like the Mercy meta.

lol yeah, I watch this Mercy main named Kaz’s stream and his east coast games look horrible. My friend SugarFree is also East Coast and says it sucks.

Well Brig is really strong right now and so is hanzo but MOST of the heroes are pretty balanced most of the time. Wait till this patch when the nerfs come in.

1 Like

Yeah when the Brig and Hanzo nerfs come and Ana buffs the meta will be amazing IMO.

1 Like

the pickrate curve probably shouldn’t be this steep?

20\27 heros below 2.39% with the lowest above that being 4.33%, almost double the pickrate.

20\27 is around 74%

if you applied this to a larger hero pool, say, 142, that means 105 heros are below 2.50% pickrate and only 37 are above that and around 25 of those heros would have a 10% or higher pickrate and around 6 would be 4% and 8%

I hope this helps illustrate how bad the pickrate curve is, it is possible to do better, go look at the pickrate curve for league of legends, which has 142 heros in its roster, it slowly goes from .11% to 18% but the only big jump is at the end so only one hero causes the pickrate to become very steep instead of 37

oh an league of legends has double the amount of heros above 2.5% pickrate than overwatch would have with the current stats increased for a larger pool, league has uh around 75 heros above 2.5%

Oh these stats are from champion.gg and overbuff

tdlr: hero curve could be less steep.

At only the top of the ladder does that matter and I think it again comes down to a couple of heroes being really strong forcing a meta. Once the patch hits, everything should be gucci.

Also, people forgot how to space out and play around grav/dragon. I’m actually happy about that because if they did, they’d still be playing dive. I like the fresh hero faces!

sorry i cant tell what post you are replying too

Thank you. So out of 40M internationally (going off Jeff’s latest OW Update blurb), 400,000 are at GM or higher. Out of 40M players (or accounts). That makes for 39600000 players this doesn’t apply to. My only point being, when it applies to only ~1% of the total gaming population, should balance changes be predicated upon that?