In-game Shop Update - 1 Nov 2022

This is a good start, but more needs to be done.

Players deserve to be rewarded for the time they choose to spend in your game. The shop should not be the only way players can get skins.

Battle passes should not expire. People pay to access them, so they should not lose access to them just because they don’t grind enough during a particular season. Make it so they don’t expire and that players can choose which battle pass to apply XP to.

Loot boxes need to return, but only as rewards for playing the game, not in the shop or obtainable for real money in any other way. Other games (like Apex Legends) have a battle pass and loot boxes. There’s no reason Overwatch 2 can’t do the same.

Mini challenge events need to return, as in players can earn sprays/voicelines/skins for winning x number of games.

18 Likes

Overpriced items, that are available in still overpriced bundles, that apparently still doesnt pay for the game to receive bug fixes and, more importantly, balance fixes at a reasonable speed?

Yeah, no thanks, still a hard pass for me.

3 Likes

Absolutely despicable. Great value he says……….

10 Likes

Please please consider:

• Increasing the weekly challenge coin rewards
  • Adding more ways to earn coins

OR

• Reducing the store prices

I know you guys want to make money but at the same time you won’t keep a playerbase if these greedy practices continue. It’s really sad because a lot of people would use your shop more if the stuff wasn’t so dang expensive!

16 Likes

Thats great and all but we can we PLEASE for the love of god get an update on the wiped account bug, its been a month and many OW1 veterans like me are still playing on a wiped account with no skins/stats

1 Like

Pinned message? Andy recognizing that the monetization methods are highly disliked maybe? I’m sure the team already knows very much, but still it’s nice to at least know they know.

Crossing fingers for levels and free lootboxes getting added back in.

4 Likes

Your “shop” is disgusting and you should feel bad trying to milk what’s left of your dwindling community. But hey I’m sure there are plenty of whales still out there willing to buy this overpriced garbage. Anything in the “shop” should be $10.00 or less also players should be able to earn shop currency through the battlepass. Bring on overwatch classic.

11 Likes

Andy pinned the topic to the General Discussion forum, but did it after ChiefWamBam’s reply. He did not pin their reply.

4 Likes

And is this “great value” you’re speaking of in the room with us right now? :candle:

7 Likes

Oh :frowning:

20 characters

Just wanted to say that I appreciate all the people that are willing to speak out against their business model. I’m not sure if Blizzard will ever budge, but being vocal doesn’t hurt.

4 Likes

the prices are still INSANELY greedy.

$19 for ONE skin…

really?

5 Likes

translation from corporate speak:

legal have told us what we were doing was illegal

did the gigabrains that came up with the pricing strategy realise that you’ve now basically all but admitted charging 50% for a skin more due to the (previously) mandatory bundles?

no-one wanted the other dross, they had to buy it to get the skin

unless you refund the difference you’re basically screwed over up your best customers, the ones that actually opened their wallets for you on day 1

certainly an interesting decision

even the business end of the company is a laughing stock

13 Likes

Is there any logic behind a charm being more expensive than an emote? :skull:

10 Likes

100%, let me/us work the battle pass at our own speed, finish one and move to the next. Players can still do the Pay2Skip option if they like.

2 Likes

Still $7.00 for a weapon charm.
$5.00 for Souvenirs (i.e. emotes)
$3.00 for Namecards

These feel like ridiculous amounts to charge for such small cosmetics.

Tell you what, lower the price of the weapon charms to $3.00, because I could buy the real life equivalent (i.e. a cheap keychain) for $5.00.

Stop trying to gouge us with your prices and more people would probably buy a lot more.

4 Likes

You can blame Blizzard but in reality it’s basically Activision using Blizzard’s name. Blizzard isn’t really a thing as long as Activision has them by the Zen orbs.

1 Like

Blizzard bought Activision, not the other way round

This section of a reply is still relevant here. Especially the first line.

Just to reiterate, I get the idea of prices not being decided by devs but this:

heavily glosses over all the issues the community has been having with the prices of cosmetics when compared to other games since day 1 of OW2. Please don’t act like the current system has justified price points.

11 Likes

If you think this is a positive change you are among the stupidest humans to ever walk the face of the earth.

2 Likes