Imo mass Rez can come back if it gets 4 nerfs (Day 2)

Ever since Mercy became invincible when she uses Rez, it made Rez no risk/high reward. Plus Rez behind walls made it no risk/high reward too.

The 4 nerfs:
No invincibility, but Mercy will have a 50% damage reduction during Rez. (No movement speed penalty)
No Rez behind walls, but Mercy will be able to Rez behind light post, tables, rails, behind or on the sides of a payload, and other breakable objects.
Must have a cast time (1.35s)
Increased ult cost (15%) but Mercy hps will be increased to 55hps or 60hps

Mass Rez is a high reward ult, so it has to have high risk. These nerfs will also make it feel less unfun to play against.

New E’s:

Cleanse: Removes effects on a teammate like hack or Ana grenade.

Good ideas:

88 Likes

LoS
Small damage reduction instead of invulnerability (like maybe 15% at maximum)
I would most likely make the cast time 1 second, but yeah a cast time is needed.

I see 0 problems with these nerfs should Mass Rez comes back.

43 Likes

What us Mercy players have been saying for the past year :slight_smile:

76 Likes

This looks like a good change. I will put this in the op

3 Likes

Literally this reply

6 Likes

Seeing Mass Rez get a similar treatment to Bionic Pulse might also be a good idea (has the cast time and LoS but has a limited area where it takes effect).

But yeah LoS, Damage Reduction instead over invuln, and cast time would be optimal.

4 Likes

Wait…these nerf…I can work with

2 Likes

The more people you rez the longer it takes. Like high noon… So it like 0.20 seconds (just random number) to rez one person

23 Likes

What about 50%? 15% feels too low imo.

5 Likes

So like a channeled ultimate?

I do agree with some of the restrictions in theory here but Mass Rez was underpowered with the original near-instant cast and without LOS.

It would have to be tweaked so that mass rez is still viable without being oppressive, so:

• LOS check
  • Reduced AOE radius (or max amount rezzed limit, like 3? since tempo rezzes were better anyways)
  • Increased ult charge requirement
  • 50% Damage Reduction upon cast
  • No movement speed reduction when casting

The problem with Mercy 1.0 was that while her rez alone was powerful, she consistently died while using it because she’d just get her face melted off. (see: suicide and rez)

They tried to fix it with the invulnerability buff, but that just massively overtuned it and catapulted her into near must pick territory.

Middle ground would be a damage reduction. It allows for Mercy to still be killed while using it, especially with a short cast time, while also allowing Mercy to have at least some chance of surviving it. LOS check and AOE or max rez amount reduction would severely limit a Mercy’s ability to pull off the huge rez that so many people hated, while also encouraging Mercy’s to aim for tempo rezzes instead.

10 Likes

sounds good to me

Most mercy players want something like this any way

13 Likes

that’s what we started asking 1 year ago 'till now…

17 Likes

Yup 20characterssssss

3 Likes

Oh, here we go again…

I swear the mass res Mercies are in perpetual stage 2 of grieving and still can’t let it go…give up, dudes. Just. GIVE. UP. Please, for the rest of us Mercy folk. You’re the ones that are making the Mercy cult meme more real by the moment. Please, stop.

3 Likes

Done!

Nice doing business with you!

3 Likes

Lmao what? The Mercy cult meme was made because of the “Mercy spam”. It has nothing to do with mass ress…

2 Likes

OP isn’t a Mercy main.

23 Likes

Cast time can’t be higher than Lucio’s cast time (0.8, and it needs to be shorter). If it was 1 sec it would be useless

3 Likes

Dude not even a Mercy main but for the fact that I’ve experienced a game that had an AoE res and actually worked just shows that it can be done.

2 Likes