ImmoField HealthGating rework

What about making immortality field take damage each time a hit would of killed a hero in the area of effect.

50 hp after each lifesaving event, so the drone could prevent 3 deaths or so, depending on if it was shot first or not.

Would probably make sense to just make it so that a percentage of the overflow damage kills the drone.

But would be kinda the same thing considering it would block big explosions, but not attacks like gravdragon

The key difference though is that it would be effectively +200hp or more if thrown on a single player. And part of the purpose of the above concept, is to make it so it’s not “AntiDive”.

Seems pretty bad… it’s only useable against a couple big telegraphed ults that aren’t an issue anyway and some niche uses involving snipers and it may take an extra shot to take out someone if you direct hit them with grenades/rockets :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

This would make the ability useless for sure.

Give it a larger but decaying health pool like Lucio’s sound barrier. That’ll solve the issue of “oh sorry you only did 90% of its health so it still lasts the full duration”.

Ugh, health decay is terrible even with Lucio’s ultimate.

I’m assuming it would have something more like an 8-10sec cooldown.

Throwing up some device that makes you immune from instakills, every 8seconds, would certainly have it’s uses.

It would literally be useless against 3/4 of… pretty much everything. ults, primary fires, abilities etc. Even the ones it has uses against (i.e junk nade) it lowers damage from 120 to 100.

Does a hero with a godtier Ult, DPS level firepower while simultaneously putting out bulk AOE healing, need to also have a OffTank tier peeling ability?

Why not just admit you want the ability removed?

I want Tanks to get fixed, and heroes that aren’t Tanks with offtank tier capabilities are getting in the way of that.

And tbh, anything getting in the way of fixing Tanks, doesn’t need to be meta.

How is he in the way of fixing tanks he’s literally the thing stopping tanks from getting blown up in half a second

Well, I got a much more moderate version of a Baptiste change over here, if you’re interested in the “Bigger picture” of what I had in mind.

Balancing to solve "Rein or Lose"

This thread, I’m mostly just intrigued by the concept of how this specifically targets huge burst attacks.

1 Like

Ok yeah at least that idea doesn’t make the ability useless (Tho it strips away a ton of skill ceiling from him).

I’m not sure why you think he’s preventing tanks from being fixed tho when he’s the reason tanks don’t die in half a second. Fix damage and then fix bap.

Buff barriers, Nerf AntiDive, Dive counters DoubleBarrier, and keep Tank Busters in check.

Mostly fishing around for a version of ImmoField that doesn’t block Dive very well.

And could go either way on the “Does it block GravDragon”. But you gotta admit, DoubleBarrier Bunker, and DoubleBarrier Rush, would be vulnerable to GravDragon.

Oh sorry Grey, I misread your change. Yah no, turning a one shot into a two shot would be completely useless. If the damage was reduced to 50 then it would be another story.

I’m up for negotiation on that. Most the Dive attacks are like 15 damage or less anyways, so let’s go with your change.

I went and researched the only uses of this ability (OP Changed from 100 to 50 damage cap): 22, including ults, abilities, primary and secondary fire, 4 of which are not react-able at all, and 1 that will never happen.

• Ashe headshot
  • Bastion ult
  • Dva bomb
  • Doomfist Punch
  • Doom Ult
  • Genji ult (still kills you in 2 swings)
  • Hanzo headshot
  • Junk combo (which will still kill you)
  • Junk ult
  • McCree headshot
  • McCree ult
  • Mei headshot
  • Pharah direct hit
  • Reaper headshot
  • Hog headshot
  • Soldier rocket
  • Symmetra secondary
  • Torb headshot
  • Tracer ult
  • Widow ult
  • Wrecking Ball ult (only 1, 2 will still kill you)
  • Zarya high energy secondary

More than half of these will save you from, like 20 damage, and the other will still kill 200hp heroes with an extra hit anyways, so the only time it will ever see consistent use is against Hog. Useless

1 Like

Well I just changed it down to a 50 damage cap.

Thanks for the effort though.

Heck, it would technically even work at a 30 damage cap.

That sounds like a must pick