I'm stuck in the South America Server

This started last night, but I loaded into a game of quickplay to find that I had a consistent 200 ping, which is about 150 more than I’m used to. I check the stats on my laptop, and it says I’m in the sac1 server when I usually play in ord1. I figure, “screw it” and turn off the game for the night. 12 hours later, right now, I’m still caught in the sac1 server, and it’s too laggy for me to play the game.

no worries dude, everyone that is from Saskatchewan - Newfoundland are expeirencing the same issue… Aswell as SOME people in the US, reply to this thread to spread more awarness to blizzard dude : Canadians are getting a huge spike in Latency - #53 by QAQ-41409

Same problem, playing from NA East (Toronto) and getting put on SAE1 server too starting last night, still going on. I’ve always had issues where the training range would load up on Oceania server on occasion, but this is the first time I’ve ever seen it for competitive MM and custom games.

ISP is Bell. Could be routing issue of course.

Canadians are getting a huge spike in Latency - #53 by QAQ-41409 post your problems on here if you haven’t… I’m the dude that’s trying to fix this crap, and hoping it will be fixed soon man, it’s annoying as crap (cant swear)

I am having the same issue in Arkansas, on my campus WiFi. All games have ~170 ping and a large portion of people are speaking Spanish. A few other people in text chat seemed to have the same problem of being NA but getting put in SA games.

same here
connecting to Brail IP address from Toronto

Add to this thread: Canadians are getting a huge spike in Latency
I’m from NA East Coast and having the same issues.

Also having this problem currently.

This sounds like a nightmare

It is. Unless you’re my roommate and somehow have good internet, because the SA servers are filled with people who aren’t as good at the game. He’s gained like 100 SR in the last day

1 Like

Could also be an issue with school networks. I'm only connecting to Brazil servers from NA

Yeah, I had good ping for like an hour earlier in the day and ended up getting 50+ elims a game in comp. Then it lagged later and I lost the SR I gained.

I am currently having games either in australia, south america or some other place and occasionnally in na same issues with ping … so frustrating