I'm sorry, but you can't nerf double shields without nerfing hitscan DPS in the same patch

This game will just make DPS the most broken thing in the game if they don’t nerf hitscan with this change. How will characters survive with constant BURST of damage every time you PEAK. I’m sorry, but if this happens, and it doesn’t come as the next patch, this game will die sooner than you think.

30 Likes

I dont think hitscan will hold any new significant advantage after this patch compared to others.

2 Likes

Maybe if double shields are not too strong and mandate, tanks can dive and deal with Hitscans. Hitscan will have a hard time against people constantly diving them.

1 Like

Simple: With Rein/Sigma :wink:

3 Likes

Remember: Sigma and Orisa also pressure with spam damage.

1 Like

They won’t and that’s the point. Blizz is trying to increase lethality, which is fine…BUT they also need to fix their absurdly bad spawns so people don’t spend 50% of their playtime walking back to point.

I don’t know, man. A lot of hitscans are vulnerable and need shields for cover. This might end up making some of them even worse.

What we really need are dva and hog TANK buffs not the bull hog DPS buffs on the ptr to force a meta shift where rein and zarya aren’t the onlt things played in every tier below gm and double shield in gm

Yall know Double Shield impacts projectiles as well?
What’s this vendetta against hitscans?
With less Shields, all projectiles will have as much free reign as hitscans.

2 Likes

Seems to me, the solution would’ve been to enable dive to actually… dive? Isn’t the whole point of Dive to basically bypass and swarm static-defenses, thus nullifying barriers by going around too quickly for reliable redeployment?

This won’t impact sigma as much, but Orisa it would. So whats really preventing the olde dive squad from doing their thing these days? Why is high mobility struggling against a static defense comp?

We’ve seen the entirety of the old dive squad only improved over time in various different ways, and even expanded on a bit with some alternate options. Most of them, with room for a little debate, have all been buffed at some point post-brig and moira release. They’re far better than they used to be.

I just don’t see how they can justify making the things barriers counter stronger indirectly by weakening their counter, instead of just improving where the deficit actually is. Hitscan is fine, barriers are fine, death ball is fine, dive is? huh. Dive isn’t fine. So fix that lmao

1 Like

You have time to react against projectiles at some times. Hitscan DPS heroes are (as a majority) the main shield breakers in that role, so they would undoubtedly be much stronger when they have nothing to prevent their shots from landing on their targets.

There’s only two damage heroes to a team, and neither one of them can one-shot a Tank. No damage hero can even exceed 125 damage in a single shot much less 300 damage critically hit. So this doesn’t make sense.

Put it another way, with Sigma and Orisa currently have 1500 damage barriers between the two of them. That’s 1,500 HP, or 4 Orisa’s worth of HP, (basically 2/3rd’s of the team’s health pool) or 2 Tanks at 400 health and 2 Damage at 200 health and 2 Supports at 200 health.

That’s a lot of damage being negated right there from two sources.

You don’t see this as a problem when two Tanks can absorb an entire team’s worth of damage?

I’m sorry, but Rein’s shield wasn’t nerfed
Rein + Sigma make up for 2300HP shield, so double shield isn’t gone yet.
Hitscans still need to do a lot of shield dmg before actually killing people, unless they flank.

1 Like

We will see that in the future. I predict that the game will be much better without all of the shields and don’t see a problem with hitscan. Widow was even stronger at the time we only had rein and Winston shields and the game was much more fun back then for me.

People need to learn to use cover and walls more instead of only relying on their overpowered shields.

agreed, also as a point, Junkrats damage is too much, now i know he sucks higher up but its purely because other characters are much better, ik he’s not insanely OP and obviously you dont want to put it back too much otherwise it’d just be the same but since nerfing shields junkrat dosent quite need 130dmg on a direct hit, its a bit much, also i think nerfing hitscan would make junk more viable anyway.

You got a point. The defending side will have a tremendous advantage if shield gets nerfed. Rein-sigma and dive may become popular in next patch. I think overwatch’s basic game mechanism has come to a dilemma.

It will make Snipers more prominent, specifically, Widow, because Widow’s only counter is Shields really, and once Shields are basically super easy to kill, then Widowmaker will be uncontested unless it’s a mirror match.

I think snipers will be more prominent, but still kept in place. I don’t think a mirror match would be the only counter either, as flankers like Genji and Tracer can contest her competently.

She doesn’t have a definite counter other than shields in GM is what i was saying, Hanzo doesn’t counter Widow well because he is at a disadvantage due to being projectile-based, so that’s why a mirror match is better, and If she has protection from her team it becomes extremely difficult to kill her, along with her Grapple to easily escape unless Genji never used his dash, which he most likely will to engage her, and Tracer can’t really go vertically upward.

1 Like

Ah, I see. That makes more sense. Cheers!

1 Like