I'm quitting Overwatch for good

No this isn’t a joke, it’s something i’ve been thinking seriously about for the last month.

I’ve had this game for 8 months now, i took an entire month off during Genji meta so i’ve actually only played the game for 7. As some of you know Genji is someone i’ve had problems with since day 1, and he’s the biggest reason i quit. Not because i personally have a problem taking him out in a 1v1 but how affects the gameplay. He’s in 95% of games i play and i’ve had enough, the game just isn’t fun when he’s on either side of the team. I think he’s an extremely unhealthy and terribly designed hero that shouldn’t be part of this game. I despise his entire existence. He’s the worst thing that happened to this game.

The second reason is hard counters. I think the idea of having hard counters in the game is a cheap and bad game design. What i mean by that is how easily someone can completely discredit someones skill by disabling them using Sombra’s hack, McCree’s e + fan the hammer, Roadhog’s hook + 1 shot combo risk free which allows for no counter play.

Third reason is Roadhog, I think he’s the 2nd worst designed hero in Overwatch. An absurdly overpowered dps hero that can self heal, one shot 250 hp targets and flank. He’s what bad people play to get value and i mean no disrespect. He’s the least skilled hero in the game in my opinion.

I LOVE the idea of this game, but I realize there are just too many problems for me to enjoy it. I haven’t had fun in Overwatch in over 3 months. I only play Overwatch for one reason and that is to play Doom, however the game doesn’t allow me to. Thanks to the people who tried to help me out, i really really do appreciate it.

Much love!

12 Likes

with this mindset, im not really sure many people want you in the game.
edit: DESTROY NEGATIVITY. BE NICE.

89 Likes

Gonna miss you buddy.

7 Likes

Yeah i can already see the entire Genji community concerned.

4 Likes

Welp, i can understand mindset of leaving because of not liking hero desing, i stoped plaing this game around 3 times now because of doomfist. (now its more over all experience but still, it was hard to get day with no doomfist in match for me and i was plaing few games at best). I just hate this hero myself and he is probably main reason why i never had problem with sombra existence. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Yeah being a doom main has proven difficult, I can see why you’re quitting.

Hard counters exist because you are supposed to swap heroes to counter the enemy. They counter your counter? Swap again, etc. That was the selling point of the game.

But, it is a shame to see another player go. Hopefully you find something else to enjoy.

2 Likes

Bye. If you quit because of 1 character then you weren’t playing for the right reasons anyway.

41 Likes

I’m sorry to hear about your frustrations and wish you well :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

This comment is unnecessarily rude. I don’t care if you dont like Doomfist or his balance suggestions, or even his attitude. You sound no better

12 Likes

You sure sound awfully fun at parties

Bye

7 Likes

Electro has a point. Your comment was rude. We all haven’t agreed with Egryn and times, but you should just keep the rude comments to yourself.

They are just having a hard time playing Overwatch and are quitting/taking a break. And honestly they could be leaving because of hard heads like you who make the community more toxic than neccessary.

12 Likes

You put your comment on a public forum that allows public replies. So obviously, you do care and did ask a little bit.

7 Likes

Ok so don’t post on a public forum? Posting on a public forum means you’re willing to have people reply to you.

5 Likes

I’m really not. I’m just saying the purpose of a forum.

2 Likes

I agree here, while it was fun to back up threads that were solely baiting him, it’s kinda rude to disrespect him as he’s leaving.

This exactly, considering you posted it here despite being able to just silently celebrate you had to shout it out to this whole thread, obviously you want attention, and you are getting attention, but this doesn’t make you seem any cooler, and it’s just negative for you, so just stop.

2 Likes

These posts are the only smooth-brained thing here.

Be a respectable human being or go back to sleep. Wake up when you’re ready to treat people the way they are supposed to be.

11 Likes

Don’t bother, this guy doesn’t listen to reasoning. Obvious troll looking for attention

3 Likes

Thank you for the heads-up.

2 Likes

Spoken like a true 12 year old. Go off, bud.

6 Likes

Sure we can.

Like this: Stop. Srsly. You are the exact respresentation of what is bad about people on the internet rn.

3 Likes