I'm not having fun

I’ll give an honest advice here, and many times I gave it in the past people thought I was being sarcastic, so here it goes:

Get friends to play with you!

After I quit last year, I came back because my friends wanted me around to group up and trash talk while playing. Since then, I have very rarely played solo at all, and just boot it up when any of them are online for us to play together.

Since I only play (on average) in a trio, we have just enough control of a big portion of the team, that we can pretty much control the rhythm while still enjoying the randomness that comes with meeting strangers on the match.

Half of my friend list is just chill people I met in random matches, asked if they wanted to group up for the remainder of the night, and then added each other as friends. As long as you are open to the social aspect of the game, it’s not that hard to gather chill people to play with you. Seeing a friend playing as sending a whisper “hey, wanna group?” is surprisingly often received with a “yeah, sure, let’s go”, even if they don’t remember when or why they added you. As long as both sides respect Wheaton’s Law.

1 Like