Im no Geologist or Electrical Engineer... butttt

Im no Geologist or Electrical Engineer… butttt EMPs have been known to Penetrate the ground up to 12inches… Venture is not any more then 6 below the surface as the cracking of the surface is what moles do in the wild.

Make Sombra hack and emp Burrow and you will have a valid character design. Otherwise who is doing the research at this company?..

Magic fox spirit exists in this game

27 Likes

i gave a quick edit to that, because technically EMP is able to penetrate earth, soil to be accurate, but when things like roads come into play it can cause problems with electrical wave interference.

Also yes, Magical foxes exist, but so does gravity. Follow 1 science you have to follow another or it all falls apart.

Magical Foxes are not a science, they are magic

Why can Sombra hack 76’s ability to run fast? Why does it prevent Hog from inhaling gas? Why doesn’t it just shut down Orisa, Zenyatta, Bastion, and Echo? Why can’t Sigma fly if he can control gravity? If Tracer’s Blink only speeds her up for a fraction of a second, how can she cross gaps with it, wouldn’t her falling speed be accelerated as well? How come Rocket Punch can’t knock down a lamp pole? How is Sleep Dart able to put a literal MECH SUIT to sleep?

We left the realm of reality long, long ago.

6 Likes

Cybernetics

nanobots, cos gas doesnt heal it hurts.

shuts down ults but omnics have safety protocals stopping that.

I mean, there are safe guards against emps right now, so why does sombra’s emp work at all in the future.

1 Like

Its the same as Meis ice block in terms of effect on her. You also cant EMP Mei out of block.

2 Likes

venture will not be affected by hacking leprechauns, no more sombra buffs its enough

well you can burrow through several feet of titanium with ease with venture so im not sure what role realism has in OW

3 Likes

Pretty sure they’re at least a foot or more under. If they were only 6 inches under the ground, then the dirt they’re digging through would be thrown everywhere and you’d see them pretty often due to pockets of soil not being as dense in some spots.

That being said, it’s a world with magical dragons, fox spirits, and well, fully sentient robots that utilize a belief in a being close in comparison to what many would believe as a God…of which that is also possibly a source of magic. And EMP isn’t exactly super consistent since Soldier 76 can apparently still sprint when hacked and his targeting visor can still perfectly track people.

4 Likes

This logic breaks when we have a character literally being unable to roll because hes been hacked.

1 Like

There’s something to be said when one tries to apply logic when none actually exists. :rofl:

can confirm on a bridge she is not hanging out below the bridge, she is at most 6inches

You can’t EMP Reaper’s Wraith, Mei’s Ice Block, Moira’s Fade, Kiriko’s Suzu, Zenyatta’s Transcendance, Doomfist’s Meteor Strike, or Tracer’s Recall. It’s no surprise you can’t do it to Venture’s Burrow either.

More ways to cleanse or avoid sombras auto targeting low cast time easy and obnoxious abilities is a good thing.

Sombra more than any other herobdeserves to be shut down and hard countered heavily considering it’s what she does to half the tank and support roster.

sounds like a lucio main

Nope, just hate garbage game design thats basically in there so mercy mains have someone to try on dps because tracking a moving target is hard.

so 8 second CD for 6seconds of immunity is good design?

Venture can quite literally burrow into roofs of buildings and 2 inch thick platforms. I don’t think realism is much of a thought in a game where healing magic, a 2 foot hamster piloting a ball shaped mecha and women with black hole guns exist.

and I’m not a computer scientist, explain to me how to hack Cassidy’s caper XD

it’s just a gamelay choice, why talk about it with a scientific thought?