I'm Just Going To Say It

I was watching the YourOverwatch channel and they where talking about the new symmetra re-works and they should a post that Jeff made that showed a game card that had a number for people teleported.

Please Blizzard do not make the mistake of making another Ult a core ability we all remember Mercy and how horribly those few months were.

24 Likes

It might be a mid range TP or short range not a max range one. Like a gateway that warlocks have in WoW.

2 Likes

The whole concept sounds like a really bad idea against Symmetra though. If Symmetra, let’s say, has the teleporter in an E ability, that would require her to leave the fight. This is everything but a very bad concept for the team that has her.

Unless, of course, it has insta cast. Then again, if the enemy is focusing Symmetra mid fight, it would be so awkward to make a teleporter and have your respawned teammate dead too once they go out of it.

Just … I can’t think of it as a helpful thing right now.

3 Likes

Imo it would be really cool if sym would become a mobility crutch for her team. There have been such nice places I always wanted to stand on as zen, but couldn’t… why can’t you float a little higher robot monk >_>

What if the new ability allowed her to toss an end-point teleporter (think like Orisa’s barrier toss), but automatically placed a starting-point teleporter two meters in front of her? Obviously, with some sort of delay before becoming active, so people don’t accidentally walk through it (maybe 2-3 seconds). :thinking:

Could you imagine the vantage points previously immobile characters like Torbjorn and Zen could get to, on say, Temple of Anubis, for example?

Knowing Blizzard, this probably wouldn’t be too far of a stretch for what they could do, if they made it a non-Ultimate ability…

1 Like

Eh, depends on if/how much they change it.

As a mobility/positioning tool it would make perfect sense as an ability but if it were still just for quick respawns with no active support…that would be pretty silly.

this. what sym needs to be fun and engaging is utility that helps the team during the fight. if they make tp an ability, it’s just going to increase her time away from the team to set up

Hopefully they design it as a portal gun’ish ability. This would open up some neat strats.

While I think this is a cool idea, we’ve been down this road before and people raged against it.

Dressing it up as something else is no different, an ultimate ability turned into an on use ability is a terrible thing to implement.

4 Likes

I do agree with you. Either you end up with an (let’s say) E Ability that feels like a severely gutted version of the Ultimate, or feels like a severely overpowered E Ability. Or both.

1 Like

“I don’t care that you hurt your elbow…”

1 Like

A card for people teleported? What do this have to do with a more mobility ability? Has it been shown that it is just not her current teleporter or what?

I don’t think so, but the Overwatch YouTubers run on speculation, assumption, hype, click-bait, and taking 30 seconds of information and turning it into a ten-minute-long video.

Pretty much YouTubers in general, really, now that I think about it… :thinking:

1 Like

This is the card that Jeff shared with us:

31 people teleported with only 6% uptime is definitely not her current teleporter.

On a side note, seems like getting her Cute spray might become trivial.

2 Likes

Yeup. I love Blizzard, I really do, but even after over a decade at WoW they STILL struggle at balancing. This game will be no different, as we’ve seen. But that’s Blizz. I’d rather deal with that then a pay to win set up, haha.

1 Like

They are not a very reliable source for overwatch news and information.

I remember them posting a video saying how Dva shouldn’t get net nerfed, Mei and Reaper shouldn’t het buffs because they are already viable in the dive meta and that the meta keeps changing.

Ontopic:
I’m kinda interested in what they will do with Symmetra. Her teleport ultimate is an interesting ability, but it could be hard to balance it as an ability.

Might so be, could just be a re-done ulti that is permanent until found or can be “restocked” somehow.

Permanent/restockable with only 6% uptime?
I think there is a bigger possibility that it is an ability that has a short duration but that is used frequently.

I like teleporter as an idea. But honestly, it’s such a situational ability that I don’t think it should be the core part of her kit. Didn’t we try that already on launch? That’s why she needed two ults in the first place. No one wanted her on the last half of maps because a massive part of her kit was useless.

They are experimenting still. The post was simply to give some insight into some of the things they are trying and to demonstrate that they are working on her.

Now when they get to the stage of sharing the final changes, thats when you can take there annoucements post more seriously.