I'm just getting rolled, man

These placements feel absolutely brutal, moreso than usual. I’m getting rolled every time. Dropping SR from 2900/2800 last season’s end back to 2600 even with LFG. Feels terrible.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that, offmeta.

However, I have heard that the first couple of weeks upon the commencement of a season are usually the most brutal because all the enthusiasts are doing it, not so much the hobbyists and casuals. So it is typically best to avoid doing placements until maybe 3 weeks in.

1 Like

More like 3-4 days. 3 weeks is WAYYYY too late into the season. The wait is to stabilize the ladder a bit post placement. Waiting that long will atrophy your skills. You gotta play a lot to climb!

2 Likes

I’ll give it another crack after a night’s sleep; today was pretty labor-intensive and i just wanted to get placements out of the way once I was done moving stuff around the house and ripping up carpet and what-not.

Thanks for the good word, though; I do believe that’s accurate, actually, because I have actually quit this game a while ago (at least in competitive) and came back a few weeks in, and I was doing a lot better then. I don’t want to lose too much time, though, so I guess I’ll keep at it and see where I’m at.

thanks for the kind words and advice, though, I appreciate it.

1 Like

Too true. Gotta play to learn, even if it hurts and you get a bit entirely destroyed.

2 Likes

Mine went swimmingly today. Might have just not been your day. I have heard they want you to drop so you can climb back up and feel accomplisged. Results seem to support it (8-2 got me a measly +95 SR) but it makes no sense as reducing is like torture to a comp player! So I dunno.

You sound like you played tuckered out. Get some rest and try it at your prime and see if the results are better. I also recommend solo for placements; they kinda mess with your mmr and grouping up seems to exacerbate that.

LFG isn’t there to raise your SR. If you’re using it with that expectation you are using it for the wrong reasons.

1 Like

Its going to be a mixed bag no matter when you que. With that being said the first 2 weeks of a season is always a circus SR wise

I definitely recommend LFG over solo queue. The guarantee of Mics and good role composition is far better than the dice roll of Solo Q IMO.

And I know LFG is still a game of trust, so I set minimum endorsements to 3 so I get generally more trustworthy players

You are probably right. Last night, i saw that many of the Professional and Enthusiast level players were either doing or were 2-3 days done with placements and getting into the full swing of the season.

[quote=“MsSysbit-1411, post:6, topic:202834, full:true”]
(8-2 got me a measly +95 SR) but it makes no sense as reducing is like torture to a comp player! [/quote]

My Season 11 placements went 5-5 and i dropped 94SR from 1563 to 1469 and my stats for Reinhardt were way better than in Season 10. Ha!

Then you have read about the bug which allowed me to climb to 1506 in just 4 games from 1469 with 2 Losses and 2 Wins.

Aiiii…i am just gonna ignore all the SR nonsense and “farm” comp points for my Golden Hammer! :joy:

1 Like

My pleasure, offmeta. If we, as a community who enjoy this game irrespective of what level and tier, race; gender and age, do not support one another emotionally, morally and intellectually; then what kind of community are we? Might as well abolish the forums! Ha!

There you go. You are fatigued. Mentally distracted and physically bumped out.
Yeah, go rest then play. OW is gonna be here tomorrow (unless nuclear or zombie holocaust).

1 Like

Yep, I’m getting rolled too. It’s the matchmaking placement system. It’s extremely flawed regardless of what some believe.

1 Like

Most likely its just regression to the mean (around 2350 SR).

If your below that SR you should get some fairly easy games at the start of the season.
I placed up approx. 100 SR from my last season high.

1 Like

Thanks for adding to the feedback, RedCard.
You could be right. That could be a factor as well.

I got placed around 150, 200 under my season high on my tank account, that’s the one I got into trouble with last night; I think I’m gonna report what happens to my damage account and where I land on my new healer account.

1 Like

Thanks for the update, dude.
How was the W-L ratio like, in the end?
New season this may be, but on a 5W-5L for Season 11 placements, i received 1469 SR compared to Season 10 of 1564 which i had a 2W-7L-1Draw record.

MsSysbit had a 8W-2L record for season 12 placements and dropped SR.

Kaawumba has a thread which seek to provide insight on this.

Huh? No… I gained 95. I just expected 200 or so to gain.

Ah my mistake, my bad.
Old eyes cannot read well sometimes, especially in a hurry.

How do you use LFG for the wrong reasons that is a really dumb statement.

Using LFG when your intentions are to throw would be using it for the wrong reason right?

1 Like