Im glad people are finally having this talk now

There are so many issues with the game. A lot of people in the community have been screaming about it for so long and no one listens. If it finally takes Seagull making a video for the discussion to happen, then God bless him.

We need Overwatch 2.0 at this point. We need massive sweeping changes to the core mechanics and gameplay. We need better game balance. We need better matchmaking etc.

This is why BlizzCon was a massive failure to me because that was the very best time for them to say “Ok guys, we hear you and we are making some big changes to the game”. Just like Heroes of the Storm 2.0.

The game is in a much different spot then it was on release and some core things need to change.

Even discussions were happening about just making all ults on cooldown instead of being earned. Could you imagine how that would change the general gameplay and flow of Overwatch.

In terms of the bad balance choices are because they just refused to nerf Tracer and so we ended up with all this CC and a hero just to counter her when all they had to do back then was nerf her kit a little bit.

All I can say is that I hope the devs are paying attention to this finally. You can’t just keep ignoring the problems and hope they go away. Bad hero balance is at the core of all this, but it does go far beyond that and I hope that within the next 6-8 months something big happens so people can come back and enjoy the game again.

Also, as Ive said before, we need to really amp up the hero release schedule. 1 hero a month at this point (all tanks/supports) so those classes can catch up to the DPS class.

If that was done, we could even start looking at pick/ban systems.

And I agree with Seagull in terms of super hard counters and IMO, that just falls down to bad balance. You wouldn’t even need Brig to be a hard counter if you just nerfed Tracer a little bit so she isn’t the single best hero in the damn game.

I just love the fact that bad balance is finally starting to get on peoples nerves and people are complaining about it now.

7 Likes

Brig completely shifted the balance in this game and not in a good way. Brig cancelled out most of the DPS heroes and support heroes.

12 Likes

I agree with almost all of your post but I think people have been complaining about bad balance/MM issues for a while, it just took a prominent OW figure to shed light on it for it to become a mainstream, acceptable topic of debate.

1 Like

Well… so be it I guess. I just hope something comes of it because Im tired of yelling about the same things over and over. Im sure a lot of people feel the same way.

I think a team game in which you can pick the exact same composition as the enemy team is relatively tolerant to adding hard-counters when it comes to balance. You can always pick the same comp as the enemy team or a different comp that you consider to be better. I like the game as it is but it isn’t suitable for a lot of players. There is no game that satisfies everyone.

Some simply don’t want to play certain heros or prefer one-tricking. This is why I want to see an additional game mode (while keeping the current one): Idea: new "one-trick" 6v6 game mode to solve a lot of problems (killing many birds with one stone)

But she’s getting the nerfs. AFAIK she was added partly because people didn’t want to nerf tracer and genji.

1 Like

Agreed. I’ve made about 3 different threads about MM and possible suggestions to improve it (mostly just received “git gud” comments), but now that Seagull released this video, the forums are blowing up about the topic. I hope something constructive comes of this.

1 Like

Shes getting nerfs yes, but she can still 1v1 all the dps. But isnt it funny how they didnt want Tracer to be nerfed, yet brig completely killed her viability.

Stop over exaggerating, she can’t do that, and most of the time, it’s because she outplays the other hero. Go somewhere else will your bs, stop spreading false information like it’s a fact, it’s an generalization and a bad one at that.

Seagull identified some problems quite well. (But I would mention that some of those problems apply only to certain players.) After this he realised the severity/complexity of the problems (between 18:55 and 19:15) and then he said that he thinks the problems can be solved but he had no actual suggestions.

There are people who like the current competitive game mode as it is but it’s complexity is unsuitable for random teams of casual players. In my opinion the solution isn’t eliminating the current mode but introducing a new simplified game mode for those casual players. (I’d also like a game mode like that when I’m lazy to build a good team.)

Those DPS who get close. Bad positioning. Unlike Brig (without the exploit) a lot of DPS heros have range and can destroy her.

If that is what it finally takes, then so be it.

Honestly… just wait for it. Brig will still be really strong even after all these nerfs.

Yup, after about 7 nerfs she still as strong as she is.

1 Like

What I have noticed is that Seagull addresses the issues but does not offer solutions.

Which is exactly what the designers want and have said it before.

They want feedback over what we find wrong in the game. The part that is about solutions is theirs.

2 Likes

And every dps can 1v1 reinhardt, so what is your point exacly?

1 Like

Like he said, he isn’t the game dev. All we can do is offer feedback and they need to come up with the solutions

Are you joking? Where did you pull that from?

From plaing reinhardt, every dps with brain in 1v1 gona win.

If your a good reinhardt you shouldnt be getting killed single handedly by 200 hp heroes.

If those heros know your effective range? Then you are dead because they just gona walk away from you/stun you then walk away.
Im talking about 1v1 not normal game, just like you with brig

Oh ok nvm, I thought u were talking about a normal 6v6 game. I understand what u mean.

Yeah as if this hasn’t been talked about before.

Should’ve nerfed dive instead, we know at this point