I'm 'Balancing' Overwatch Myself

I got you homie!

Here is the only Genji change I want:

Deflect should reflect projectiles towards the player who fired them, rather than where Genji is aiming.

I’m tired of dying because my team is too stupid to stop shooting Genji Deflect. It’s basically friendly fire. Let the person doing the shooting be the person who takes the damage.

I think part of Deflect is the Skill Required on the Genji’s Part.

But a 50% Deflect Damage Vulnerability to the one shooting him seems fair.

I think the issue with the Mercy changes is all supports have something to do when your team is healed.

Mercy post changes doesn’t have that any more. You just kinda stand around waiting for your team to take damage.

This is where Damage boost was good, since you ALWAYS had something to do.

1 Like

Fair, but Moira seldom faces the same problem.

Worse comes to worst, use your Glock.

1 Like

I had a take on Mercy that differed from yours:

In essence, make her a flying Tracer w/ triage heals, slightly more consistent healing output, and no damage boost. I’m curious what you’d think, since I’m looking at a similar balance patch type deal myself.

I remember the experimental glide.
Was fun but gimmicky. I ended up staying away from my team too much with it.

Air strike sounds like fun but something simple like call mech or bomb now stun would be a small but nice change. Things get tricky when it’s whole new abilities.

Calling an air strike would be hilarious if it was right as you got call mech to zone them away like bastion ult into your call mech.

Maybe 175 Health? She’s way too Team-Reliant and isn’t nearly as Small, Agile or Damaging as Tracer.

Like a 360 Earth-Shatter if you’re within 10M? It would be very nice to knock Roadhog on his Butt after face-tanking a Nuke with his Inhaler.

As for the Air-Strike, it’d just be a Rocket Barrage without a visible Pharah. Maybe the M.E.K.A Squad flies over, they have the Models in-game on Busan already.

Oooh yes that’s better. I was thinking flash bang stun but that works too lol.

I feel like call mech should stun given a whole mech just fell on your head. I’d call that pretty stunning

Maybe a fun April fools card.

Lovely!

Okay, so the first thing to keep in mind when working with Mercy is her core gameplay loop:

1: Constantly move around the battlefield with guardian angel.
Whether it’s rushing to an injured teammate’s side or playing cat-and-mouse with enemy assassins, hypermobility is the core of what makes Mercy fun to play.

The reason why Mercy players are up in arms about the recent GA cooldown nerf is the same reason why your suggested cooldown changes won’t work: increasing GA’s downtime lowers Mercy’s core fun factor and her skill ceiling.

Mercy’s movement makes up a large chunk of her skill ceiling. Her previous 1.5 second GA cooldown meant it was constantly available, which meant the Mercy player had to be constantly making snap decisions on when, where, and even if they should use Guardian Angel - just because Mercy can zoom across the battlefield, doesn’t mean she’ll end up in a safe place!

Making swift, sound decisions under pressure is a learned skill. A lot of Mercy player deaths (pre rework) can be attributed to them making the wrong snap decision (or simply just panicking) and using GA to rush into a situation that ends up getting them killed - which is also a core part of what makes Mercy so engaging. There’s a certain thrill in knowing that any choice you make at any given moment is a life-or-death decision, and which side of the line you land on comes down to your own cerebral skills & reaction times.

If GA has noticable downtime, Mercy is no longer making those constant, snap decisions that inject the “risk” half of “risk/reward” when it comes to mastering Mercy’s movement.

I’m going to stop here for now. I have comments on your changes to healing and rez, but I’ve got some IRL stuff I need to take care of first.

1 Like

How about Bap?

1 Like

Not going to lie, I think that D.Va buff would be hilarious and fun.

1 Like

Done.

1 Like

:rofl: That’s great. Would love to test in an exp or workshop. Sounds so fun.

1 Like

What am I even looking at?

Some actual fun changes?

We call incredibly overpowered fun nowadays? This shouldn’t even make it into experimentals cause everyone can tell its the least balanced thing of all time. Unless this post is meant to have unrealistic changes, in which case I apologize for misunderstanding.

Did you miss the “‘Balance’” part? You know, the ‘ ‘ around Balance.

It kind of implies this won’t be Balanced.

Like what the Experimental used to be and what Competitive Match-Making is now!

perfect chenges for genji, waiting in next update

Any other Heroes you want to see ‘Balanced’?