I'm 1950sr. How much SR do you think I could gain if started a team with me and 5 other Plats (2950sr)

I ask for sincerity and am met with mockery. Ignorance is bliss.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/search?expanded=true&q=@Tactician-11177

Here you go!

2 Likes

it’s my fault for taking you seriously

Maybe it’s because

When, in fact -

And I can start going to other threads where you repeat the same pointless rhetoric, as well, nearly always ending it with “Want to play a competitive game”, “We should talk over comms”, or “I don’t talk to rude people”. You repeatedly fail to actually address points, and will cherry pick someone’s argument to conveniently exclude their actual argument itself.

I don’t even need to prove you wrong, you do a fantastic job of it yourself.

3 Likes

all games that happen inside the ladder should be public knowledge and viewable on replay

I’ve already read all of your stuff and it is unfounded. If you’d like to have an in depth discussion I’d prefer voice comms. If you don’t want to do that, one question at a time. so there I gave you some new info on my views. What is your next compliant with my views of Overwatch. I will address them. One question at a time, we’re both here.

yeah yeah, fair enough. I’ll be here for the next hour. What’s your next question.

these were the last things you said to me, and you want me to take your argument seriously?

What will your 7000th post be about?

2 Likes

It took you more than 2 min to figure out? I think you have bigger problems than anything to do with Overwatch.

3 Likes

LOL This is soooo good. :joy:

2 Likes

You’re assuming a level of ability that may not be present. You know what they say about assumptions…

3 Likes

I’m so glad I changed my name from “umption”.

3 Likes

quit making fun of me

Quit making it so desirable and easy. Mostly quit making it desirable, though.

2 Likes

Would you be interested in playing a game of Overwatch with me?

No. Not only am I unable to play right now I simply wouldn’t want to. You have shown no inclination toward improving your Overwatch skills. You have stated numerous times you don’t want to put in the effort to improve your own skills and would prefer the game be changed to suit you more instead. Then you start a thread indicating you’d rather be carried by five plats than actually learn anything. I’m not interested in boosting you and I certainly aren’t going to waste my time trying to teach someone who doesn’t want to learn.

At the university I teach at we have a name for people like you - “The Unteachables”. No time is wasted on them. Why bother spending precious face-to-face time on someone who won’t take notice? Why spend time providing quality feedback to someone who won’t use it?

3 Likes

Watch out, Jex. I got a post flagged and removed for saying I didn’t want to play with him, and that no one else he’d asked multiple times did either.

4 Likes

It really depends what your issue is right now, i mean why are you not climbing. If it is because you cant comunicate with randoms and you would pick more team dependant heroes like mercy or rein and others would coach you, you could climb. But every next game would be harder and harder. People sometime thinks team magicly = climbing. Its really not the case unless all team members are getting better at the same time.

ok man, if you ever change your mind, let me know

this post isn’t about me climbing, it’s about the effects that SR/MMR has on very lopsided groups

But its not about sr and mmr really. As i said only way how to climb in team is having all 6 to be getting better at the same time. Solo vs groups of 2 and more will get exponencialy harder because if you play solo its only you who need to get better and improve. If you have team, all 6 have to do that. Every member whois not, have to be carried by others.

so what do you think would happen in my scenario?

I will. So we’re clear, I’m going to tell you exactly what it’ll take for me to change my mind.

• You stop making threads about things you either haven’t bothered to properly understand (unless the thread is designed for you to gain clarity in that respect). This shows that you don’t bother thinking before acting. That is a bad trait to have in-game.

• Show that you actually want to improve your Overwatch ability. This means asking the the right type of questions. If you can’t ask sensible questions on the forum then you won’t ask yourself the right questions about your own game play.

• Evidence of self-reflection. The ability to admit you were wrong is very important. If you can’t admit you’re wrong in a few forum threads there’s no evidence that you will admit you made a poor decision in-game. If you can’t do that you won’t climb.

• Stop being lazy. Not wanting to read long replies to your own threads is lazy. Not wanting to learn health pack locations is lazy. Wanting someone to boost you is lazy. Not spending a few minutes to learn how to use an incredibly useful tool such as Discord is lazy. Lazy people don’t put in the effort required to learn and I won’t teach them.
4 Likes