Ignoring the one and only thread

Well, more like ~30 people have gone nuclear and the remainde rof the population doesn’t really have that strong of a feeling. the top 24 posters in the mega thread account for almost 40% of the posts The few times I read up on the thread I basically got pulled into a back and forth like this one which probably added a few dozen posts each time This thread will inevitably be merged in which means I’ve now contributed about 10 or so posts to a thread that I don’t even agree with. The reply count is barely even a ballpark figure for how many people care.

More like 200 people reposting, and everyone else responding to them.

pickrates can only be used to justify an amount of Power a hero has over all nothing to do with fun.
SO
when a dev just shoves pickrates in the face of people who are saying the hero is unfun it seems like a slap in the fact that makes it look like the feedback wasn’t read

Of course they can’t because the closest thing to a metric for fun we have is on fire rates, and that’s in the toilet right now for Mercy.

the mega-thread in the inital post says that the posts are being read, when the lead dev says “nope we made our decision” even if it was getting read ever (which is doubtful given his tone deaf response) it’s not being read now
WHICH MEANS
it’s nothing but a silencing tool as they try to brush the anger under the rug

god I can see it now, the sym mains are going to be just as ticked once the sym rework gets nerfed into oblivion and now it’s both unrecongizealbe and borderline unplayable.

1 Like

Yeah but balance is half the work… coming to the bottom of it a game is just a game and if you fail at satisfying even a portion of your client you didn’t make a really great job on that rework… I’m pretty sure there are better ways to balance something, even if with a nerf but acting in a way that won’t have cause this destruction. Do you really think that all this situation was only the mercy’s fault? and that couldn’t have been handled in any better way?

Pleasing everybody is rarely possible.

I sayed posts, not posters… lol

true but tell me
was the D’va rework nearly this ill recieved? before it went live D’va players were just as adamant but that died down in at most a month
and you can’t tell me D’va dosen’t have some fanatical fans, her fans are just as ridiculous as Mercy’s, hell usually there’s some overlap

So even though these two heroes have similar pickrates and their reworks were kinda comparable in what they were intended to do.
one gets no negative feedback except a while back how OP it was, this one is maintaining a Mega-thread

Okay lol just assumed you meant 90k conplaints etc. Many people have been throwing around the number lately like it means something :stuck_out_tongue: when in reality it’s largely the same people replying to each other over and over.

Yeahh that’s true but i didn’t say that and you know it… I’m not in Jeff’s position and any of us is either… but looking at how the other reworks have been managed i can’t see it as a success this one… And i’m talking about how it was even delivered to the community, something have went terribly wrong and i’m not convinced it was only the community’s fault…

Yet Mercy was still reworked before these heroes?

Your argument of “this person needs it more” clearly isn’t of interest to the developers. It sounds like whoever is the most in demand gets reworked first.

Pre-rework Mercy was statistically balanced. She was one of the weaker supports, which is not necessarily a bad thing because of how easy she is to pick up.

Mercy outshines every support right now, and a lot of Mercy mains would prefer her to go back to her weaker state where she was more fun to play.

2 Likes

Told it before, i don’t like numbers if they aren’t facts, i just hope people will avoid them in this thread atleast

What you did there, I see it LOL.

Reee.

There are complaints about every hero when there is a nerf of any kind (even when coupled with a buff). Even the original sombra changes (before the hack nerf) had a bunch of criticism because she no longer got ult charge from medkits. Zen mains had a hissy fit because his alt fire rate was nerfed by an almost unnoticeable amount. Dva mains complain literally every time she gets changed.

He is a funny dude [20 char]

Lol, as expected. Completely glossed over all the points I made and brings up the ‘fun’ argument again.

Have a good day, we’re done here.

cya! [20 CHARACTERS AGAIN]

AND THE DIFFERENCE
is that those disdainful comments died down in a week or two after the changes went live,
these ones have maintained a damn mega-thread for four monthes which means 1 of 2 things, 1 is that it was actually an awful change and the feedback is warranted
or 2 the devs just can’t be bothered to see minor amounts of critisiscm and just brush it under the rug.

Prerework mercy had 1.5x her current pickrate. She was a must-pick except maybe in GM.

FYI If you put text inside angle brackets it gets formatted away, so you can do like:
< fdsfadsf > (without the spaces)
and it doesn’t show. eliminates the need to pad your post with the 20char text.

2 Likes

Because you won’t be happy until they roll back her changes, which they aren’t going to do. Mercy will never be entirely based around rez again, sorry to say.