"If you're so upset about Mercy, just play a different hero"

I agree with you, except that right now Res doesn’t feel as rewarding, and it just sucks to be part of the regular kit. Res does not require as much game sense as before, except by looking around, like crossing a street. There is no skill towards it because you don’t obtain it.

Also it’s worth noting pulse bomb has a lot of counter play. Firstly the tracer has to actually land it, which itself takes some skill. It can be countered with a variety of moves such as recall, teleport, wraith form, fade, etc. It also cannot kill tanks anymore. allied zarya’s can bubble you, etc.

1 Like

Yes but if I am Mercy or Soldier or McCree or Genji or Pharah or any number of other heroes… I’m screwed. I have no counter play. My best counter play option is hope there is a Zarya on my team and she bubbles me. That’s not exactly consistent.

Similarly… how does one counter a single Target Res? Well Brigitte can maybe combo them down. Doomfist can punch them. Widow and Hanzo can headshot. Rein can pin. Hog can hook combo them. Ana can sleep them. McCree can FB+FTH. EVEN LUCIO can kill a stationary 200 HP target in ~1 second with one left click and boop.

Why are you acting like there’s no way to quickly kill an enemy who you know exactly where they are and can’t react to you setting up to kill them?

If the ability is instant cast then none of the suggestions you just made are valid forms of counter play to the move.

2 Likes

To be fair, that can be attributed to the fact that Moira is more or less balanced and Brigitte is dominant.

Never because I use it at my own discretion. It’s similar to Pulse Bomb and Self-Destruct most of the time. I know when I need to use it and that’s what matters.

By what, being in Valk? Never, because they know it’s making an impact? I don’t get the question here.

Yeah because it wins the team fight. They can’t kill me most of the time lmao

I have it toggled, so I don’t hold any buttons down :slight_smile:
I shoot occasionally, but I also go for certain rezzes. I also juke the enemy fire.

Recently. Maybe two weeks ago? I made it. Here you go:
https://gfycat.com/DarlingOrneryCanary
I saved the point at 99-99. Brigitte helped by being a distraction, however :^)

Every so often. I don’t really care about this tho and I don’t mind whether they change it or not.

No. Valk is countered by burst damage regardless?

Resurrect shouldn’t even be in the game, but it’s balanced as-is.

Because Mercy in her current form is still one of the top picked heroes across all ranks? She is fine even with cast time and a slow.
Instant res would be a buff.
She doesn’t need a buff.
She just needs her kit shifted around so the “power” is on her ult not E.

Sure they are. Unless they changed it without me noticing, the person getting the Rez is a BRIGHT GLOWING STATUE for ~.5 seconds. Then they become vunlerable and if you are ready for it you can blast them back to the spawn queue without breaking a sweat.

Obviously if Mercy brought back a tank that might not work as well, but some of the things I mentioned are enough to wreck a tank.

That’s less about counter play and more making sure your mercy doesn’t rez you somewhere stupid.

Mkay, cool, I’m entitled to my opinion just like everyone else. Enjoy the rest of your day. :+1:

Did you miss where she was losing the chain beams, the beam length, the permanent regen, and 11s duration of Valkyrie with my changes?

Also with Q being Resurrect again, if you put pressure on her and shut her down… you won’t see Resurrect nearly as often.

1 Like

Except that her E was an ultimate, and that’s why it will always be more powerful.
They should mix res with valk tbh and make her res a little more of people, and get rid of Res in her regular kit.

1 Like

Seeing as through boops and pulls and all sorts of displacement abilities exist, your team is arguably in more control of where a dude dies than the enemy Mercy is.

Also it is 100% counter play. Mercy brought a dude back from death. How do you counter that? Kill the dude again before he does anything. Congratulations. You have countered Mercy’s ULT and gotten yourself closer to your ult.

I wouldn’t really call it counter play if Mercy uses her ult at a bad time/position and the target of the rez dies as a result. It’s just a failed ult, and I would just blame Mercy.

In the same way, I wouldn’t call it counter play if a Soldier runs into the middle of the enemy team, presses Q, and dies miserably because there are enemies all around him. At best that’s counter play to merely existing, not counter play to the move itself.

I played Mercy often, and was often Diamond with Mercy back when she had full rez. Now I don’t play her, and when I do play her, I never use the Ult and stay at 100% because I’m just as good without it. It provides no benefit at all. Rez delay time is awful from Mercy’s side.

1 Like

Wanted to chime in that 2.0 mercy is far superior to old 1.0 mercy. Not hating on your opinion, but want to reconfirm to blizzard that I do NOT want 1.0 mercy back. Please take this into account when making changes regarding Mercy. Thank you.

Except, “you” were never a main of the hero in question.

This wouldn’t be an issue if the previous playstyle of Mercy wasn’t removed in the first place; if they added the current version of Mercy as a different hero, we would be totally fine.

But they removed our hero. That’s where we draw a line.

7 Likes

Also, if D.Va can team kill with her ult, or just about any other character doing the same with their ult, why can’t Mercy have the same chance to revive a full team?

1 Like

They broke Mercy’s complexity , her arms and legs.

They released a hero with 8289289 / abilities passives / combos and abilities.

Nice Balance.

Pushes anime glasses up

Before Mercy was like TF2 Medic…now she’s more boring than he is as she essentially lost what Ubercharge is. Medic isn’t a very sought after class to play as much like Mercy. HOWEVER, the FEELING of Ubercharge makes it WORTH playing him. It enables your team to actually make a large play. It’s highly noticeable and much like old Mercy: The better you were at Medic, the faster you were at getting Ubercharge. It was powerful but easy enough to stop with good play. Current Valkyrie doesn’t have an effect on the game honestly…as it’s just regular Mercy extended potentially to your entire team (But if you were already a good Mercy…this isn’t doing much for you on the healing front. Plus Zen does it better. I guess Damage boost is nice? But it’s better from Ana or Orisa who can do OTHER THINGS.) E-Rez also makes your team dumber constantly as they always assume you’ll revive em. Timing of Rez was also important as those I-Frames REALLY save your life AND your team’s! You get NONE of that with new Mercy.

She does have her movement now…but it would have been served better on older Mercy. It’s not a hard thing to master on Mercy either. Doomfist is harder to learn it on but he gets a LOT more use out of it. It REALLY separates a good Doomfist from a bad one as they’ll always have better positioning because of it.

It ultimately doesn’t matter as she’s still boring to play.

5 Likes

So, give Mercy Transcendence?

So, turn her ultimate into an ability that’s anywhere from an ‘E’ ability, to the exact same thing that was causing hide & seek problems?

I’m not seeing how either change could possibly be considered “good”.