"If you're so upset about Mercy, just play a different hero"

then why are you telling/replying to me that? when my point was that about how people like to say “just pick a different hero” when mercy players say “her ult is boring”

1 Like

That’s why.

Limiting yourself to “dedicated healers” is only a “you” problem.

Despite me liking Pharah, Junk, and Bastion I play other heros too. Not just them, not just 24/7.

you do realize that i play other heroes to you know. my mercy hrs are higher then norm due to me solo healing most of the time.

and yeah i like playing other heroes but i also like playing a dedicated healer. which is why i said im sick of people saying to just play a different hero. because when i say her ult is unengaging people just dismiss my idea to tweak it so it becomes more fun by saying to just play another hero. kinda like what you’re doing now :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

At this point you aren’t discussing my point.

mostly because you got mine in the first place

Pick rate is holding Mercy back from getting changes. If you want the fun Mercy again, you need to #boycottMercy

1 Like

Skimming this thread has left me with this thought based on opinions stated here and my own

Breaking news: Mercy players want her to actually be HARDER to play and to do MORE work. GASP

I’m with the crowd that thinks she’s balanced but no longer as interesting. My favorite part (as others have stated) is the thrill of the chase and juggling the heals around. I love the flight aspect of Valk but hate the chain.

I used to play enough to get 70+ levels an event. Last two events I’ve kind of just dabbled in cause Mercy isn’t holding my interest as well. I still love the game, but I’ve been having a fight with it over this, it’s trying to coax me back with stuff like Brig and new Lucio, but eh. I’m tired of being called “no skill” when I play these heroes when I actually love not just the fixing up the team aspect of healers but also the running for your life.

1 Like

Give the man a prize! :lollipop:

I get so frustrated when I or another person tries to say this in the frame of “Mercy isn’t as interesting anymore”, and a whole bunch of knee-jerk replies accuse the poster of “wanting to go back to hide n rez”.

Ew, no! I want to back to the frantic cat-and-mouse gameplay laced with lots of Real Time Strategy, with safegaurds in place to prevent that nasty “hide n rez” strat from ever coming back.

1 Like

Mercy has never had a high skill ceiling

1 Like

What that does is make Overwatch a glorified Mercy hunting simulator😂

nobody hunts Lucios for his ult, nobody hunts Moiras for her ult. You can’t have one person who is very easy to play have the most powerful ult in the game.

You know how many Mercys I killed, but still lost because of mass res? Too many.

3 Likes

My opinion about current Mercy in nutshell:

• I literally don’t care that she doesn’t have old res anymore. I just hate current Valkyrie and Res.
  • I would be satisfied if they at least made Valkyrie feel better as a ult.
  • I already moved to other heroes, but as long as feedback megathread exist, i’m going to keep complaining. If they are not going to change anything, at least have some decency and close the megavoid so we can at least have discussion about Mercy without this censorship.
1 Like

Go read the mega thread dude. Her new ult means she basically doesn’t need to think. And before anyone says it, no hiding was stupid and should have been reported

If you seriously believe that you did not understand old mercy at all. How does taking away almost any effort she needed to win count as INCREASING her skill ceiling?

1 Like

This goes for nearly any hero in the game. Whether you have a new counter in the game (Brigitte/Storm Arrows) or your hero got changed and isn’t much of what they used to be.

It’s more of an issue of player choice and behavior, not balance. You can play whomever you want. You have the right to complain or tell your side of the story whenever you can. Players cannot, however, report or flame you for doing such.

Is it really that hard for you? They took away essentially all the effort needed to use her ult well and called it “good” and “requiring more skill”. THAT’S INSANE! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

1 Like

For goodness sake how are there so many people who actually believe any of that? That’s just… I don’t even… you really, really don’t understand how to play her if you think for a second that’s true.

By every objective metric - well pitty she’s boring as heck to play now. Healing is fun but it’s not enough if your ult is just more of the same only easier. Valk. Needs. To. Die. I want to have fun with my favourite hero. I want to have fun dude. In a game. A game I care a big deal about. Is that bad?

There are other heroes, and I like a fair number of them. But none of that matters if the one I like the most may as well not exist from an enjoyment point of view. I like to cycle through heroes cause otherwise I get bored. And without Mercy in that cycle the whole thing falls apart. I like helping people and having an ult that’s different from what she normally does. I can still help people, but the ult is just so incredibly bland.

1 Like

See, I’m not really for or against either ultimate.

I have used them both. I made my decisions as I make them now:

How can I utilize this right now?

Saying one of them is less than the other is silly, except the difference is the people against rez had a legitimate complaint of their entire wombo-combo being totally countered.

Again, I don’t understand how people can get so hung up over it.

You act like taking rez away broke the character. And so, I will quote myself from earlier:

It’s unavoidable that the context surrounding Mercy’s previous Ult would carry over into every aspect of her play. Even if they didn’t alter any other aspect, those aspects are painted in the light of her new ult. Even if those aspects are the same, without that context, they are different.

For the record, I never was a Hide-n-Rez Mercy. I played on the battlefield dodging bullets and only hid when actual ults were thrown or about to be (because that’s sane). I’m trying to do my usual fast paced jump around the map trying to keep everyone up at the same time and I LOVE it until I hit E to pick someone up and everything loses that frenetic pace.

I resent the fact that Rez is given to skilled and poor mercies alike with no effort. I’d prefer an earned resource meter. Maybe then they could give a little bit more back to Rez since you’d have to actually earn it again. Drop .25 seconds maybe. Something to make it feel like I’m not just picking change up off the ground.

As for Valk, it’s just way too easy. Even if we don’t get the chase back, at least let us beam juggle.

(edited for spacing)

1 Like

Her new ult requires her to do what mercy always has to do, which is position herself well. For people who don’t think it’s “impactful” enough - if you don’t think that her being able to heal anyone in LoS + chain healing @ 60 hps can’t turn a fight, you’re just wrong.

Huh? It should have been reported? why? It was the optimal way to play Mercy. Go hide once the team fight starts, bait the enemy team to dumping ults into fight, rez team to full strength then dump your ults in to win. This was the best strategy for her. Why would it be report worthy?