If you're missing cosmetics, there's progress!

I am on PS4.

Edited to add: I connected a PS4, Xbox Series S, Nintendo Switch, AND PC to my Blizzard account. My “main” account with all my stuff is my PS4 account.

All my cosmetics/golden guns/progress were missing yesterday, but as of 4AM PST, when I logged in recently, a new screen popped up asking me to confirm the PS4/Xbox/Nintendo accounts I connected are correct, which I did verify they were correct.

Once on the home menu, I clicked on “Merge Account” and it said I am in queue to have my accounts merged.

On the next screen, it said “Your accounts are ready to merge! To begin merge, close the game.” It said the merge shouldn’t take more than a minute.

I followed those instructions and gave it several minutes. Logged back in, on the home page, it still said “Merge Accounts (in queue)”, so I’m giving it more time.

I haven’t gotten my cosmetics back yet, probably because a ton of people are merging accounts right now, BUT I wanted to let people know that it does look like progress is happening.

I am hopeful. I trust that our cosmetics will come back.

Please don’t be afraid. I know we sunk a lot of time and effort into earning all our stuff. It will come back. Don’t let it ruin the game for you. There’s no wait to get into the game (as of the last few hours). The new maps are great. I’m having a blast on the re-worked characters. Give it time, friends.

30 Likes

the merge button straight up doesn’t work for me on ps5 rn. i’ll try later though since maybe the number of ppl merging rn is affecting the servers or smth

12 Likes

All amazing but I unfortunately am one of the apparently many who can’t even log in. I assume it’s got something to do with the account merge stuff as it all seems to be people who previously account merged pc and console who can’t get in currently. Feeling real jelly atm xD

Hi morbin, my Merge Account button didn’t work all day yesterday either. I am a night owl so I logged-in in the middle of the night, and all of a sudden the new pop-up asking to merge accounts showed up, and the Merge Account button suddenly started working.

It will show up for you, just give it time and don’t worry, friend. See you in game (when we can both get in lol).

3 Likes

Missing it all, all is gone, my main even is locked…dont even have the merge button on he PS5, (Want to move from consol to PC) played hundreds of hours on ps4, i even made sure to download my save files and such when installing OW2 but its all gone, so i just dont want to play atm, looking at zenyata and i cant even play him.

7 Likes

I also had the same. About two hours ago i had the pop up and im still in the merging queue now.

2 Likes

Hi Jumpy, I had my console and PC accounts all connected to my Blizzard account when Cross-Play released.

I’ve been able to login several times today, but it was definitely a wait yesterday. But this morning, it’s like 5AM PST, I’ve had no problems and no wait logging into the game since around 2AM. I hope it works for you soon so you can get in queue for Merge Accounts!

1 Like

hey so this is an unrelated question but when i try and log in it ask for a verification code or authicator code where do i get that from cause im not getting a code when i put my number in

Hi Lucifer, we’ve got our fingers crossed in my household. I hope it’s your turn in queue soon. I’ll update when I get mine back too.

2 Likes

So you actually managed to successfully merge your data from console to overwatch on PC? It kind of seems like there’s still issues for people, it’s probably taking too long because there’s so many people trying to do the same thing at once.

thanks, you’re giving me hope. i’ll wait a bit and hopefully it works

I don’t even have the button that you’re speaking of in overwatch 2 so I’m guessing that’s a bug.

1 Like

When i click the merge button it does nothing, my battlenet and xbox account are linked. The game thinks im new when im not. Im trying to migrate from xbox to PC. Dunno if ive lost everything cause all my cosmetics on xbox are gone too

2 Likes

My Merge Account button wasn’t working all day yesterday. At some point during the night, while I was offline, it became active. I think they must be rolling it out slowly on Blizzard’s side of things.

maybe you need to manually update your phonenummber in your account settings? i didnt have that problem since my nummber has been in my account for years, but it makes sense for persons to have some problem with that since ow2 has been having a ton of problems

Glad to know I’m not the only one in this predicament

i have played a lot of hours and some of my legendary skins from events are missing and i need this to be fixed please.

1 Like

any update? did you get your stuff back after merging? the merge button is still broken for me

what to do when the merge button does not show up in the menu?

Idk last time something like this happened everyone was given in game currency not skins back.