IF your profile is private, you shouldn't be able to check-out other players who are public

shhh logic doesn’t exist in the realm of overwatch

1 Like

who’s judging to begin with? I’m so confused lol. You’re just tossing out assumptions.

3 Likes

Everyone, unless your profile is private.

People are always checking what heroes you most often play, what your win percentages with those heroes are, etc.

Making your profile private to the community means every profile should be private to you.

2 Likes

Agreed. Very good point

the only problem with this post, is that’s it’s just too perfect.

then just change the name. Change it to Pub4Pub.

1 Like

but once again that makes no sense.

4 Likes

Why doesn’t it make sense?

2 Likes

How do you not get it? He can’t explain it any simpler than he is

5 Likes

Then set it to private, derp.

1 Like

deal.

20charssssssss

Some people I have seen defend public profiles seem to be pretty sensitive atleast in my eyes, SOME not all

3 Likes

isn’t the reason people set their profile to public is so it’s available for EVERYONE to see?

5 Likes

its default private though…

3 Likes

Waste of money. You wanna spend money on something dumb, use it for a voice line mute option.

I think the point of frustration is more the hypocrisy of criticising others’ profile while hiding their own. That’s not mental gymnastics at all, that would annoy most people.

11 Likes

It is fair that they can have a private profile and check someone’s public profile. No one forced you to have a public profile. If you decide to make it public, people can see it. If you don’t want people to see it, don’t make it public.

4 Likes

Doesn’t make sense. They have their’s public, so they don’t care who sees it. And they have their’s private, because they do care who sees it. If you don’t want people to see your profile, regardless of what it is, then privatize. It’s really that simple.

If they call people out about their profile, then call them out for it being private. It’s win - lose then. They have no argument. But making public profiles private to those who are private is stupid. They’re not public then. Only public would see public, and that’s how it’d be anyway.

2 Likes

I’m shocked, SHOCKED I TELL YOU, that everyone against this idea has a private profile.

21 Likes

This is a stupid argument. If you chose to make your profile public, which you are given the option to or not, then you, yourself are giving the other player an opportunity to see your stats and hero choices. I made my profile private to prevent the enemy team from seeing my stats and hero choices. I CHOSE to put myself in a somewhat advantage from keeping the enemy team from being able to collect information from my profile. That being said, the enemy team can also do the same thing to me. If you CHOSE to release your information to the public, that is on you. Don’t be salty someone can see your stuff if you’re allowing them too.

2 Likes