If your bad at aiming.... Just get an aim trainer

ioStux is a hack lol.

But he has a point. Aiming in this game is not about just raw aim, it’s also about reading and predicting the enemies movement. With that said if you improve your raw aim you will be better at adjusting your aim more efficiently for how you predict they will move.

Aimtrainers improve raw aim so they are not a waste of time, however playing the game itself to improve is just as important.

This is absolutely what he said. If someone says “Yeah I want there to be a mix of skill in the game so everyone can enjoy it” and then immediately follows that with "Btw you know the easiest character in the game everyone complains about, we have plans to change that character in the next experimental card" what does that tell you?

Certainly like he said it doesn’t mean they’re trying to turn heroes into CSGO clones but that was a cushion to let people know the character is not going to be as easy as she currently is. He’s not trying to dumpster her but he is trying to inject more skill into the game.

I’ll let you in on a secret. These players don’t care about getting better or the actual general balance of the character. They only care about being able to use the character to dump on people at their rank. So it doesn’t matter if Moira is viable or not at high ranks, as long as it’s an autowin against Genji and other 200hp characters in Gold why would they care?

2 Likes

At this point he(Jeff) either doesn’t know what this game is anymore, or he meant it as a not-so-competitive FPS where you can kill even if you are bad.

“If you’re homeless, just buy house…”

1 Like

Since you answered to me, yea he said about raising her skill, but he focused his answer on guns, so still it dont mean he is planning to give her typical gun as a main weapon. Or her skill change going be even connected to that aspect of her.
Isnt winston saw as a skill hero even when he dont have to aim?

I mean, do pro players care about over all balance or their own game?
Every side is biased to their front on this. And non side is an “actual game balance” thing.

Those things aren’t really relevant.
You don’t have to be the top of the top to be able to get kills.

“on the one hand, we are a highly competitive first person shooter”

Just go out and buy more software to improve at a game you already spent $40+ on.
Right.

He said “CSGO guns” which means that we’re not going to get some pixel precise, super hard to control recoil weapons. That doesn’t mean it’s an endorsement of overly generous hitboxes or noobstomping mechanics. The rest of the post clarifies exactly that.

That sentence was crafted very carefully for the people who would throw a tantrum if he just flat out said “I want to inject skill into the game”.

2 Likes

Still like i said, skill is not always aim it seems in this game. And her skill change dont have to be focused on it, especialy if its experimental change for now. They might work on her survivality, or orbs, or just some range changes, who knows at this point.

I mean I agree with you. Especially this part

Winston, Rein, Brig, even Mercy now are all heroes who don’t require heavy mechanical aim ability but they require a lot of timing, gamesense and positioning to actually do well. It’s pretty easy to throw the game on all of these characters simply by not performing an action at the correct time.

The Moira comment however I believe(and we’ll see when the PTR is out) is directly related to her “gun” and its overly large hitbox. I don’t think they’re going to make it some pixel perfect CSGO type hitbox but I would be shocked if they weren’t toning it down from the ridiculous level that it’s at now.

Aim Trainers aren’t that reliable. It can frustrate some people, like me. Low key a perfectionist when it comes to this stuff. Well, I probably just hate using Kovaacks or whatever it was spelled.

As I’ve played more on pc I’ve used Kovaak on the side too and do notice my aim getting better. But Idk how much that has to do with that game or just naturally building muscle memory in OW.

For Moira, yes, it seems something is in the works but the quote I’ve seen doubled down on the team valuing “A mix of skill deltas across heroes.”

People expecting more based on the mysterious Moira change might be setting themselves up for disappointment.

Maybe they gona make her have shorter range so she would have to go closer to the target, when agains many heroes it means easier time dealing with her, with some minor changes to other stats she have?
As i remember they didnt wanted to make any reworks before OW2, so it might not be that much changed, maybe slight change to how wide it is who knows.
And isnt it supposed to be experimental card not ptr?

-Removes Symmetra’s lock-on
-Removes Symmetra’s Shield Generator
-Removes Torbjörn’s Armour packs
-Removes Resurrect
-Wants faster-paced game in general

It really seems like the game is heading in a more shooter direction rather than set up defences and make a unique roster… oh well c:

1 Like

Yes, there are many changes like that, but it was clearly posted that they not planning to make everyone run with gun in this game.

This is the cushion to soften the blow of his next sentence. If he thought the current skill delta for Moira was fine there would be no reason to touch her on experimental no?

I don’t know what it will be exactly, but I have full confidence it will be tangible enough to not be the braindead experience it is now. I also don’t think they’re going to flat out nerf her. She may very well see increased damage or self heal at the cost of the damage not being so guaranteed.

Add Briggy’s changes to your list, Mei nerfs, Reaper nerfs, etc. Buffs to Tracer, Genji. It’s pretty clear what they’ve been doing.

Hmm, maybe time to make moira heal herself of % she is healing insted of dmg then? Would be interesting to see them run to people to heal them insted of dps solo flanks. XD

Not requiring aim isn’t a problem, we have multiple healthy heroes (who the vast majority of players are perfectly happy existing) who don’t need it and it allows for unique mechanics and play-styles that otherwise wouldn’t exist. There also are legitimately people who no amount of aim training will help and having such heroes makes the game accessible for them.

But lack of aim requirement does need to be compensated else where on the hero and high value can’t just be given for free. Moira is an outlier on that score and hopefully the upcoming changes will put her in line with similar heroes.

1 Like

Increasing or decreasing the skill required to play one hero isn’t indicative of a new philosophy with increasing skill across all heroes.