If You Wielded the Balance Wand

1.) Symmetra: Ramp up time is cut in half. Damage increased from 60/90/180 to 80/110/200. TP deploys instantly. No longer gains ammo back from charging on barriers but instead gains sheilds. Health increased to 250.

2.) Lucio’s auras are no longer erased by Sombra’s hack.

3.) Doomfist RP cooldown reduced to 7 seconds. No longer does additional damage to a target who is knocked against a wall. This is not Tekken.

4.) Mercy: res is either removed or reverted back to an ultimate. HPS increased back to 60.

5.) Moira: range on right-click is reduced by 5m.

6.) Brigitte: Sheild health reverted to 600 because lowering it to 500 was stupid.

1 Like

Lucio can now goomba stomp enemies for 500 damage

8 posts in, no revert mercy yet. Huh.

I wouldn’t do too much tbh.

Doomfist: Uppercut no longer locks either player’s movement.
This should make uppercut less of a death sentence, but still reward the Doomfist if he can aim and predict his follow-up.

Sym: Ammo increased to 100
Turret cooldown decreased by 2 seconds.
Health increased to 250
These changes should make Sym more consistent.

Hog: New passive: While above X% HP, enemies do not gain ult charge.
This should make hog better at face tanking, while not completely ruining the ult economy of the enemy team

if i wielded the balance want i would use it as a battery for the content cannon

Yikes, any two of these changes would make people beg for me to get off Moira and use mercy instead, again.
And if you nerf moira’s range to recharge get ready for clueless people to complain more about “dps” moira’s not healing at all when in reality they just need to get a lot closer (and more in the line of fire) to gain back resource.
Not to mention she’d need a small buff to damage or recharging to compensate for the nerf.
If you’re struggling against moira’s range, try to retreat sooner, keep track of her damage orb (if she sent one out) and avoid it’s path. Also if you’re healer is dead you need to know when to disengage a lot sooner so you don’t get picked off by chip damage.

I use Moira myself and just feel that the range she has on her succ is a bit much. I don’t think the damage should be increased to compensate, but perhaps the rate at which her healing resource recharges could be sped up.

1 Like

As long as she got a buff to compensate, depending on the positions of your tanks even a 5 m reduction could cause you to step in front of them. Making you an ever so easy to pick off target for the ever popular right now snipers.

I do agree about removing Rez though, she would just need a new support ablity to replace it.

Many, many things would change

Bastion

Spread reverted on turret form, headshots returned.

Ironclad removed, 1000 HP shield added to turret form. Transformation into turret form slowed by 15%. Turning radius restricted to 180% whilst in turret form.

Shield regenerates after time, and not instant when switching forms.

Roadhog.

Damage reverted, Take a Breather reverted. Clip size reverted.

Hook cooldown decreased to 7 seconds, head hitbox size increased.

Orisa

Damage increased by 15%.

Reinhardt

New ability: Shield Smash. While holding right click and then left, Rein will perform a lunge forward with his barrier and push enemies attempting to get past his barrier. No stun will take place. 25 damage.

D.VA

HP reduced to 500. Armor increased to 300 (300 Armor, 200 HP.)

Defense Matrix reverted. Boop damage reverted.

Micro missiles removed.

New ability: “Bunny Hop”. Similar to her HoTS ability, D.VA will perform a downward thrust, pushing anyone away within her vicinity.

Hammond

Ammo Capacity Increased to 100.

Shields can now be used in ball form.

Grapple hook cooldown reduced to 4s.

Sound indicator plays when he reloads in ball form.

Reaper

Life drain passive effectiveness increased by 25%.

Wraith form now on resource meter. Can stay infinitely in Wraith form…at the cost of HP. Can no longer contest. Speed increased by 15%. No longer produces black silhouette, but a black mist similar to the one seen in cinematics

Shadow step is now instantaneous at the cost of 25 HP per a cast. Can be used in Wraith form.

Sombra

No longer has infinite stealth. On a resource meter that can be used and deactivated at anytime at no additional cost. Taking damage drains the resource meter drastically, enough to knock you out. Stealth will deplete slowly if standing still, but depletes faster when running.

Stealth speed increased to 75% once more.

Base movement speed increased to 6.

Oppertunist now allows hacked targets to take 8% extra damage from Sombra from duration of hack.

Hack speed reverted to last speed. LOS changes reverted. Damage threshold of 25 added.

Hanzo

Storm arrows removed.

Scatter Arrow returns, capped at 350 damage.

Junkrat

Grenade hitbox reverted.

Extra foot trap added to kit.

Riptire ult charge increased.

Mei

Can reload her gun while in Cryostasis.

Mercy

Valkyrie removed.

Mass resurrection added back. Must be in LOS to get ressed. Those who are ressurected only gain 50% of health back.

New “E” ability, angelic dash. Allows Mercy to propel herself in any direction she faces, even in the air.

Healing upped from 50 to 55.

Torbjorn

Scrap added back, caps at 100.

Overload ability removed. Replaced with armor dispenser that teammates will have to go to collect armor. Cost to build 50.

Turret behaves like beta turret; Higher HP, but must be built up to acquire higher tiers, up to 3 using scrap. Level 1 costs 25, level 2 costs 50, and level 3 costs 100.

Molten core remains untouched, aside from visual change that overlod provided.

Pharah

While in air, can perform a short dash in any direction using right click, at the cost of fuel.

Brigitte

Shield Bash cooldown decreased to 6s.

Maceshot damage decreased to 50.

Base attack reduced to 20 damage a swing. Healing provided increased by 10%.

20 armor added to health pool, 20 health removed. 200 health, 50 armor.

Sombra:

Revert Translocator changes
Add 5 seconds onto Translocator duration.
Keep the ability to cancel Translocator.
Reduce the period between entering and leaving stealth to 0.4 seconds.
Make Hack more obvious to teammates.
Remove the CD interrupt of Hack but give it a shorter duration depending on how much damage you take whilst channeling (like 15 damage= -1 second lost or something like that).
Shorter CD on Hack if you kill a hacked target.

• brigitte shieldbash cooldown nerfed to 10s.
  • brigitte movement speed when shileding reduced to 50% when shielding.
  • hog hook los reverted.
  • moira dmg orb rewroked to deal 50dps on armor and 25 to not armor, biotic graspt damage increased to 60, reach nerfed to 10m.
  • zarya grav nerf reverted.
  • 76 splash damage buffed to 60.
  • symmetra turrets reworked to cripple and slow and deal 20dps.
  • symmetra primary replaced with the old orbs.
  • mccree fan the hammer reworked to shoot 3 bullets with full damage and headshots and has a 3s cooldown.
  • winston bubble buffed to 700.
  • dva ult dropoff increased.

Thought the problem was his one shot capability, but I guess you guys want to gut doomfist like mercy :man_shrugging:

That sounds nasty. That range is literally less than her heal range.

2 Likes

from 21 to 10 seems fair to me with such a string anti armor ability

Anti armor? You said it would do 50 dps against armor, which is what it does now already to every target.

1 Like

armor absorbs half, so it deals 25 to armor

I’ve posted this idea many times in the past, so I’ll just include it here since it’s relevant to the discussion. :slight_smile:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

2 Likes

this is why we aren’t allowed to hold it

1 Like

This buffs Pharah’s performance against 250 hp heroes, tanks, and shields which she is currently really bad at. This makes up for her splash nerf which affects her ability to kill Brig.

As for Zen, I’ve just never thought that he should have a wall hack.

This:
https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.net/overwatch_gamepedia/c/ce/Symmetra_-_Photon_Barrier_Deployed.ogg

Also this:
https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.net/overwatch_gamepedia/5/51/Symmetra_-_Shield_generator_online._Defense_matrix_established.ogg

K my balancing is done.

Who are “you guys”? It was just my idea. No one else was involved. Also this wouldn’t gut him. It just fixes a bug to remove some of the mobility he was unintentionally given. People want him tuned down and this seems like a good place to start. Fix the unintentional bugs first, then wield the nerf hammer if it’s still necessary.

I think his one shot potential is necessary to make him viable. Maybe he should just have to work harder to get into position to use it. It turns him more into a zoning tool rather than an “I can obliterate you from anywhere” character.