If you didn't believe it before, believe it now

I’m mainly in mid-high plat. When I get invited to play in silver-low gold tier in arcade modes I have an absolute miserable time.

It’s either a completely easy stomp because the enemy team doesn’t protect their supports coming from spawn so I just pick them over and over or it’s the team just constantly complaining that they don’t see my presence where they are at.

So yeah. Playing in a tier that you aren’t normally in completely sucks.

4 Likes

I am not coach, I just occasianly do reviews and try to help others.

If you see me like this, fine. Probably after people start blaming their own gameplay for their rank.

I was watching Samito dps queue with echo and he had lower times than me when I was in gold in EU, its 12 minutes for dps.

its the only way to see you because that is how you act.

further lets back up. this really isn’t about climbing. idc what rank i’m ‘supposed’ to be in. what i care about is match to match consistency. winning 60% of games to all the sudden lose 60% of games ins’t consistent. if you’re arguing that 2490 and 2505 have radically different requirements you’re a f’n idiot.

if you’re arguing that losing 60% of games from 2505 down to 2200 means i’m a 2200 player, when i can win 60% of games from 2200 to 2505 then idk wtf to tell you as you’re over looking the argument in the first place.

having a complete reversal of win rate through a point spread i’ve already proven i can easily play in is a problem with the system delivering consistency.

2 Likes

You wont get very good level of consistency unless people completely stop altering their ranks/MMR on purpose. And blizzard need to fix placement system.

1 Like

according to prometheus, there aren’t any players altering their ranks/MMR on purpose.

Dude, he even quoted his text to you and you still say this? He said “in his experience”. Of course there are people who alter ranks/MMR, I know several people like that. Nobody is not denying that. By my experience is majority of alt account users from gold-low dia. People from higher are more rare on lower ranked accounts.

I did not say its impossible to climb in Solo Que. I have done it and climbed hundreds of SR higher only to lose it and climb again. Its the up and down that I was pointing out. You get good teammates when climbing and get bad teammates when on a losing streak.

Most of the time when I lose a match I will only lose about 15 - 17 SR on average and the most I lost is about 22 SR. I know this means I performed good because if I ever perform bad because I am tilted then I lost around 30+ SR which is very rare as I usually lose less than 20 SR per loss and gain 30 - 40 SR per win.

I am currently on another winning steak so all I have are wins and no losses to share except for one loss where I was onfire most of the time as Zarya in all three rounds and had four golds. I only lost 15 SR for that one. The Support on our team were not healing or DPS’ing and the DPS players on our team were chasing, not grouping up, and not able to kill anything due to terrible aim and very bad positioning. The DPS and support were also not grouping up nor playing the objective. We would have lost no matter how good I personally do if they don’t group up and don’t push or play the objective.

2 Likes

none of this is possible eclipse. its 100% all your fault all the time according to xion and Prometheus. unless of course they agree that there are problems with the match maker.

then and only then can there be a problem.

1 Like

Not really, I see problems elsewhere, matchmaker is just using data comp system have. It would be like saying Judge made bad decision when you fed him with false inormations. He could decide only based on information he was getting.

if the judge failed to question the information, after KNOWING of a significant change to the context, then yes, it would be the judge’s fault.

in this case the judge is the match maker. the significant change is 222. if the judge is trying to form a verdict, and is still doing so using old assumptions (pre 222), then yes … it is his fault.

4 Likes

MMR is a number between -3 to 3, if i remember correct.

Its really hard with you, you know that?

I have no time to explain it here, just go read my topic so you understand what I am talking about please, I am explaining there what is wrong with competitive system and I think blamed should be placement system, not the matchmaker.

both suck.

if you don’t see why 222 requires an update to how the match maker assembles ‘balanced’ teams nothing anyone will say will change your obviously impeccable flawless all encompassing logic.

really, we should just all be thankful to be exposed to the thoughts of a mind as incredible as yours …

for sake of simple example.

team A = 10 points total
tank 1 = 0
tank 2 = 0
DPS 1 = +3
DPS 2 = +3
support 1 = +2
support 2 = +2

team 2 = 10 total points
tank 1 = 3
tank 2 = 2
DPS1 = 2
DPS2 = 3
support 1 = 0
support 2 = 0

that is a balanced team according to the match maker. who wins?

what we need is ‘balanced’ MMR per role, per team.

There are no forced losses. The game will keep matching you with better and better players until you lose. While it’s a bad system, can’t really call it forced losses.

This is coming from someone who kept plat for 7 seasons on their main account, before falling into bronze.

My belief is:

Elo-Hell is absolutely real, and a consequence of their bad matchmaking.

Forced losses are not real.

4 Likes

Xion do you have a life or hobby out of this forum? I see you replaying to everything that people are posting. Boy, take a break! You are asking everyone in each topic for codes of their game. Man, no one needs to prove to you how they feel about this game, especially if your account is 128 LVL so I don’t think so you have much experience either to be a coach here.

No they dont have to, and me and others dont have to believe what they say if they cannot prove it by showing their gameplay. I dont consider myself as coach. Me asking for replay codes doesnt mean I have to look into it. Others here might and probably will, I can check too of course but I am rather busy.

My hobby is gaming and forum is part of it, I like to discuss about it :slight_smile: I have toher hobbies too, dont worry.

The issue we have been talking about does NOT happen to most people. I truly believe its a bug that mostly affects you if you are a Silver or Gold border player who has over 300 hours in this game.

I purchased my teenage son an account so we could play together. He never played this game before and while he is okay as DPS he absolutely sucks as Tank and Support. He got placed in mid plat and rose to and stayed within high plat in all three roles.

The matches were consistently fair with no team having an immense advantage or disadvantage. The matches seemed fairly balanced.

He does not play Overwatch anymore and gave the account to me since I purchased it in the first place.

I DO NOT have any matchmaker issues when I play on his account. I was able to win most if not all matches as Tank and Support playing against high plat and diamond players. I am not a good DPS player but even then I won or lost every other match as DPS. No losing streaks and mostly wins on his account playing against and with much more skilled players.

Then I go back to my main account and can’t win a single match. So I am losing in Silver and Low gold in my main account but winning in my alternate account in mid to high plat.

Why do I win matches so easy in one account that is higher ranked but lose so badly in the other account that is much lower ranked? One guess is the matchmaker is forcing losses on my main account by putting mostly new level 25 players on my team with Level 1 not good player votes = we are going to lose when the enemy team has high level players with experience and Level 4 good player votes.

I feel extremely frustrated seeing these new players on my team no grouping up, not touching or even trying to capture the objective, and running in alone over and over feeding and dying constantly. Then I switch over to my plat account and if anyone does that they are called a “thrower” and so they either don’t do it or they really are throwing and get reported.

This is all in Solo Que by the way.

That is the issue in a nutshell.

3 Likes

“Me asking for replay codes doesn’t mean I have to look into it.”

Read with understanding, what did you say. You are just spamming this forum by making more mess in the topics, unfortunately.

1 Like

They will give you level 25 players that bought the game 2 days ago & put them in high ranks so that they will make sure you will drop .If you lucky they will put a level 25 smurf in the opposite TO BALANCE IT OUT .

1 Like