If Tracer gets nerfed

Not balanced for higher tier players - if you look at the leaderboards you will see a lot of the top players play a lot of tracer, no coincidence

McCree is actually top 2 highest played DPS in the game in Diamond +

only behind Genji.

1 Like

the argument everyone is using is “everyone at high levels is really good with her and the people in lower levels are really bad”…i mean isnt that kinda the idea? just like bronze genjis arent as good as even gold or plat? i mean kill me now if that doesnt make sense. i dont understand the argument of making a hero more vialble for lower tiers? ive seen plenty of good tracers across all tiers of comp considering ive played in silver-Diamond. but if the hero, who in my opinion is completely balance, high skill ceiling, needs a nerf, then i need a better reason than “appease lower tier players”

1 Like

You are dead wrong on the netcode priority mumbo jumbo. I saw a video recently where people tested tracer blink. Her hitbox lingers at the start of the blink after it has gone through making it possible to headshot the flash of light at its start and end at basically the same time. Don’t even get me started on the hundreds of times I have been rubber banded out of an already started blink to my original position by a flashbang. At less than 50 ping mind you. The bug that makes sticky bomb vanish in mid air OR EVEN IF ITS ATTACHED if you die during the animation. No other projectile vanishes like that if you die after its come out.
Being able to die in a started recall also disproves your statement on priority. Also happens to me daily and Ive seen it happen tens of times to top streamers.

3 Likes

Tracer is very powerful but her power is highly based on the skill you have with her, I don’t feel like it’ll happen.

1 Like

Increase shot spread by 5-10% that forces her to get in closer.

The good will succeed and bad will perish.

She falls victim to favor the shooter so hard it’s not even funny.

Many of the popular heroes in overwatch require very little skill to play( Junkrat, Moira, etc). I’m NOT saying the game will be bad if this happens. For my own personal preference, I will not enjoy the game anymore if my favorite hero (and the only one that is meta and actually requires traditional fps skills) will be gone

One of the main appeals of Overwatch is that it doesn’t feel the need to be a traditional FPS, and that it is very casual friendly. If you haven’t realized that in all this time, this problem is all on you.

4 Likes

Is there some Tracer nerf rumor I’ve not heard about? I’m not sure why this thread exists because it seems as if Tracer is unlikely to get any nerfs.

2 Likes

There’s so much more to skill than aim… SMH…

Aim is probably the least valuable skill in this game.

This is not CS:GO, this is not CoD. This is Overwatch, a game that uses MOBA and FPS together.

This is not a traditional FPS.

Besides, pretty sure they balance the game around her, so no worries.

2 Likes

I don’t know where you’re getting those numbers, as even in the last month just looking at offense mccree is 3% behind tracer and 6% behind genji in diamond. in master and above, this difference is over 10%.

Doing that would actually destroy her, think about sombra’s spread decrease. It was only 10% but now she does way more damage. Sombra has a way bigger clip too. Would make it impossible to deal enough damage to anything that’s small bodied as tracer.

A 5% change wouldn’t be that bad.

Just because they don’t require aim, doesn’t mean they don’t require skill.

3 Likes

Tracer needs a definitive counter and one that can actually survive a dive unlike mcree

Most of these you listed were projectiles, where Tracer would have blinked out of the way or killed them. And even if a lot of these hit, she could rewind back to full health.
The problem is that she has a very high skill ceiling when other heroes don’t have the skill ceiling to match.

Just to clear some things up. First, I am aware that this is not a traditional fps, that’s why I said in my op, I don’t think the game is bad if they nerf tracer. It’s just my personal preference from my background in more traditional fps games. Secondly, I know not all heroes with a high skill cap require crazy aim. Someone like Winston doesn’t take much aim but he is a very hard hero to learn when to dive in and all that stuff(I’m terrible with winston). That is why I only mentioned heroes who I think most of us can agree are the easiest/least skillful. Moira is by far, the easiest support to play and she is the most popular. Junkrat is very popular and I think we can all agree very easy to get a ton of dps out of him. Brigitte will be annoying for tracer because of how wide she can swing her mace.

There are so many things in this game that can mess up a tracer if you are not skilled enough to work around them. That’s why most tracer players suck. If you are a god with tracer she will feel op. “If” you’re a god. Which most people are not.

Tracer Counters

• Hanzo
    LULLLL SCATTTER LULLL SHOOTS BOULDERS LULLL HAS WALLHACK LULLL MUCH SKILL

oh wait nevermind i forgot 95% of people are bad at this game and Hanzo is troll pick 100% of the time

• Reaper
    LULLL SHOT ME ONCE 7M OUT AND I HAVE 20 HP

oh wait i forgot we were crying for reaper buffs because we still cant 1v1 symmetra with reaper

• Skillrat
    LULLLLLLLLLLLL DUDE ALL THE SOLO ULTS LULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL RANDOM TRAPS OMEGALUL DUDE I JUST WALKED AROUND A CORNER MY TEAMMATE JUST JETTED OUT OF AND GOT DIRECT HIT FOR ONE SHOT LULLLLLLLLLL

if you played 30 hours of tracer you’d quit whining about how she doesn’t have any counters because you’d know how to hound and harass her by getting the drop on her.

maybe if you quit playing comp like deathmatch and actually used your brain you’d be able to figure out you don’t need to kill tracer every teamfight and that keeping her on the defensive keeps her from being able to do her job and will win you games

3 Likes

You only played her for 19 minutes, I’m sure you’d be fine…

Im plat tracer main and everything that u mention have the chance to kill or force a recall but its not a counter.
Every char can be dead by skilled tracer 1v1.
And mccree headshot doesnt kill her, its 70 per body shot and 140 for head, flash do 25 so 140+25 is above 150 of tracer hp.
Only widow and mei headshot can 1 shot tracer (mei body shot is 75 and head is 150)