If Symmetra becomes a healer, make her like Zenyatta

Zenyatta is interesting because he provides relatively small healing, but brings in utility and damage, and a defensive ult.

If they do revisit Symmetra, I don’t think any Sym main would ever want her to be a main healer, or someone who’s primary job is to heal… No they want her strategic utility and niche but effective damage to be whats brought to the table, with the added benefit of healing. Like a Zenyatta alternative, but melee based.

Her turrets could provide simple decent healing, and maybe some other form of small healing in her kit. And while her dmg should be brought back some because she’s no longer a dps, It should be potent if the enemy is in bad positioning and near her, perhaps lethal but very limited. Utility, whether it’s her tp or a cleanse, have it be something valuable. And she could possibly have a defensive ult, her photon barrier is certainly close to being just that. Maybe it last’s shorter but also provides the team with temp shields, idk.

16 Likes

This man understands me!

Her turrets should do damage if you wanna be strategic with her, any other form of healing is fine with me tho.

Right on.

11 Likes

i’m okay with either off heal or main heal with her at this point

just please make this work correctly, and push harder to make it happen at all

put her in the support category, and help her reach a point to not have consistently an abysmal pickrate due to being a liability to simply exist in this game like her entire history has been

1 Like

Her turrets could maybe even do both lol, let the Sym choose.

2 Likes

I’m fine with that too as long they do damage and we have lots of them

Surprised this game only has Zenyatta as a dps/utility support so far. I mean all new supports have been main healers… (Except Brig, but even then her healing numbers are way higher then Zens)

Would be great to have more options in that area.

I think she should have less healing than Zen.

I get what you mean, but 30hps is going to be pretty hard to beat unless her turrets healed for like 8 hps each lol… Lucio’s amp is 52hps…

I would like if her healing somehow required even less focus then Zen if that’s what you mean. Which I’m pretty sure turrets will do since it’s more like, “You want your healing? Go get it.” lol

It doesn’t have to be her turrets.
I really love TTraw’s concept of photon shields.

Second ability: Photon Shield
Channel Shield Health on ally, similarly to Zarya’s Bubble or Brigitte’s Repair Pack;
25 meters range;
No longers gives 25 permanent Shields;
Now gives 75 Temporary Shields decaying at rate of 25/s;
Each time Shields decay, the ally is healed for 80% of the decayed amount;
Cooldown increased 1 → 3s;

This way she can heal but only with 20/s at best.

That does sound neat! But I feel like they’ll retire something else in her kit to make that come true…

Agreed. Zero would be the perfect number as far as I’m concerned. :wink:

Maybe Sym could have something akin to Harmony Orb, where she can put a dedicated “turret” on an ally that just floats around slowly healing the target and anyone else in proximity.

It could be balanced around the fact that it could be shot at to stop the target from being healed, on top of being a smidge weaker in heals compared to zen.

Maybe like a pet turret passive, that flys to nearby allies, in addition to her standard turrets.

I want her to keep her sentries and teleporter. If they are changed or removed I don’t want it.

Give her another ability to offer a heal.

I think she should have similar neutral healing as Zenyatta, and a non-healing ultimate. Allow her to supplement her healing with turrets, teleporter, and some manner of shielding/mitigation.

yall really wanna kill off sym completely huh

inb4 Blizzard decides we need a Main Healer with all the utility in the world and goes down both routes making her OP and nerfed into the ground again doing neither well