If someone leaves I should lose no SR

Ironic.

sorry WM. :frowning: But it is apparent that many people are buying LOTS of alternate accounts, abusing the system and STILL being allowed to play competitive mode WITH players that have been here on this game for awhile. either way. Doesn’t matter if we BAN them or not, if these accounts are abusing team mates. As well as . INCLUDING hardware bans and attempts at IP bans. (WHICH DO NOT STOP MOST) Since the SR system Does NOT forgive, the damage is DONE. and we still have a problem

The higher a person goes up in rank, the less likely they are to RISK it. Which sadly on silver, means this type of behavior IS THE NORM. and many people are hard-stuck in this rank, because not everyone holds a long-term account, which respects the game.

New accounts placed onto a competitive team by the match maker, brings a great deal of stress and grief. Because we konw, A person with an account that has ALOT of time invested into the game, is less likely to leave a competitive match, than someone whom has a very fresh account.

MANY Fresh accounts I have encountered do NOT respect the Mode like we do, and they most certainly have LESS to lose than we do. LAST night I had a very rude person on my team whom literally just bought an account, we did good for awhile and then for ZERO reason. TILT with an attitude during the match. We end up losing the game because of their lack of respect to those whom are playing their main accounts. SURE, I can report them, great. BUT I will NOT be given back the 25 SR I lose because that player chose to act that way. Damage is done.

More people are turned OFF by this VERY reason, to want to que for competitive, because the gamble is SO high, and the forgiveness of the systems OWN faults are so heavy. As well as I stand on the statement that the forming of full teams of players OUTSIDE of the match, is next to impossible.

I use to guild master on the Terokkar Realm on their OTHER game and found quickly that “community” in the gaming world dissolved FAST. Which means less people are adding friends, and being full-time groups in the gaming world. hence, why LFG made a debut on WoW. BUT, if we talk about this game’s LFG, it is no different than what we did, just by pressing “play competitive mode”.

Essentially Loss/Win is weighted very heavily and a person can throw-down and go all-in on a match. But it is a team match, so either way…

So it boils down to an URGENT fix, because this game is NOT going to maintain its traction when other games are trying to quickly attract players over to their realms and titles.

1 Like

This is good feedback, but this now enters the realm of overall problems with Competitive Play (many of which you listed that I agree with), not just leavers. The question is what real solutions are there? It has been proven in the past that they just can’t forgive players if there is a leaver without making the toxicity in Overwatch worse. Really it comes down to identifying issues, to get players overall to discourage the throwing/griefing behaviors you describe. Many of which are not easily solved in any multiplayer online game.

2 Likes

There are ways to mitigate it. For instance, maybe a reduction of SR loss instead of no loss. Flagging accounts that are often grouped with players who leave within their group to retroactively apply a penalty so that stacks are not abusing it as they literally can currently. You can keep it so the team who is winning is still getting their SR accurately and they do not feel like they lost just because an enemy left.

There are lots of little things they could do to make the system feel a lot better for everyone but the leavers. And none of them are particularly hard or unwarranted. If the report system were better, you could report people for berating teammates in an attempt to preserve their SR by… Suspending them. Or if you believe the report system is working as intended. There you go. It solves that issue by default, no?

The system is really busted right now but people always cite their counter-intuitive logic from years ago and be like, “see, we do not have this one specific abuse, so it is better.” And it really isn’t.

4 Likes

it’s because of certain chinese companies who would exploit this by selling it as a service or part of the actual service they are offering atm.

This used to be done in season 1. See my posts above.

This does not solve the problem of abusing strangers into leaving.

This would lead to inflated skill rating at the higher ranks making the matches more inconsistent across the ladder.

In my personal opinion, the reporting system is good to isolate and remove toxic behaviors. However, that is a reactive measure and not so much a preventive one.

I see the leaver system including how it affects leavers, technical issues, and the players leavers affect as the “best possible solution”. Now as a personal opinion, I wish Competitive overall would encourage grouping up more. Realistically you minimize your odds of having a leaver when you group up with reliable friends and players. However, the problem is that its more inconvenient to group up and the games are harder to play.

I have said it many times and even have a topic written a long time ago about it, but I feel many toxic and uncontrollable factors would be easily resolved if they make the change to matchmaking to stop grouping groups of equal size together.

**I thank you for for the reply, Much respects.

Yeah I know it is VERy difficult for it. I dont know what the backbone is to a Blizzard systems are, other than they are an “HP shop” aka Hewlett Packard buyer from what I have been told.

But I do believe that since Blizzard is VERY driven towards this company model of E-sports, they are going to have to hire on some additional coding staff which uses a new model to solve this.

Yes, Excluding players FROM a match for certain reasons isn’t always fun.

Jeff mentions about Que times as a priority, probably because, since 20 minute que times from WoW PVP-BG was a turn-off to many players, and quite frankly it boils down to some harsh facts that some may not agree with.

Priority 1 is, 10 placement matches is NOT enough to determine where someone will play.

Priority 2, a Rank reset does actually need to happen. There is the honest player out there that wants to keep a Main account, and BUY or loot every SKIn there is, with LARGE stats on their accounts. They had a bad previous season, but learned some NEW ways to play the game better, so lets give them a chance!

Priority 3 is Player behavior in Competitive will be much more different than player behavior on Quick play and/or arcades and events. So lets not build a system around factors OUTSIDE of the competitive system for MMR.

Priority 4. D/C leavers will happen. I even got DDOS’d on my network one day during a competitive match, wasn’t intentional either, but it happens from time to time. So Bans may not be a positive answer, and yes people DID want others to leave to TERMINATE the matches, in the past so they would NOT lose a score. I have only left Comp because of that one reason, other than years ago, when I didn’t know “THE RULES”. :slight_smile:

With that said, how about we STILL work with an over-all rating of the player regardless of the match outcome, so those whom WORKED hard, can continue to be encouraged to do so, and those whom just out-right want to be disruptive to the the competitive game and ruin the integrity of the match, can be moved slightly lower until they can improve their play. Yes, W/L can still be there and should be, otherwise there is NO point to winning. But some adjustments still need to be here.

Sadly the Last priority, is the hard one, nobody wants to talk about, and that is the Duration of the account. I can say that everyone wants to be a true sport and should be allowed to play against others with that same skill level. BUT if a GM player buys a new account, they shouldn’t be placed against Bronze either, so the fix is this…

if a player isn’t applying themselves to that game, than a hidden INTEGER-figure should UN-penalize the hidden numbers, to the rest of the team mates, we dont see, to the rest of the team, so they do NOT get bumped hard for a thrower or leaver.

I just feel having it similar to how it was before would in fact be better. The problems would exist, but these problems already exist to an extent and some of them just effect less people. You are worried about inflating SR by one match because someone left, but want groups to not be paired with groups of equal sizes. The inflation that would cause is FAR more substantial in my opinion and a common argument against leavers is that you have an equal chance of being benefited by them. That is false; however, the general idea is accurate and to that end, while you might be inflated temporarily, a leaver will ruin it for you sooner rather than later, regardless.

I am just not seeing how if the current system is “fine” that the old one was particularly bad. Especially if they made adjustments to make it feel less oppressive. Because let’s be real, if they did not reduce your SR after beating a team with a leaver, we all know nobody would have complained about it. So to pretend there was a widespread pushback about those ideas entirely is some revisionist history as far as I am concerned.

But whatever, I am not that against the current system. I am just of the attitude that we can always improve it and ironically reverting it with some changes would be a step forward.

2 Likes

How about that if people in party and someone leaved, the whole party got SR loss? So, parties will not abuse it. You can add disconnections stat near lvl in profile, random people will see if this worthy to play with guy or not. Imo this will help so much to people who are playing alone, like me, when random guy just leave because we are lost a point at the second round.

2 Likes

That fixes the issue from the attacking teams perspective where they don’t lose SR because an enemy left. The issue is that the team who have a leaver are punished much harder.

The points about people trying to abuse people to leave do the receive less of an SR loss can be dealt with by reporting+muting the offending parties. Alternatively a stack may threaten mass false report a player.
Neither of these situations would actually be an issue if Blizzard actually had a halfway decent report system and actually investigated the issues and issued out warnings to say they were indeed watching people’s behavior.

1 Like

On the other hand I won a 5v6 plat game as a Zen.

Having a leaver doesn’t mean you instantly lose, the mentality that you instantly lose is probably why you are. :slight_smile:

This is exactly my point

No, there could be rules for stacks and rules for solo queues who leave.

See the further points above by other members.

Mike hunt even says you know better

EXACTLY which is why I don’t see how this change would be exploited unless you’re spending hundreds of dollars and wasting 15+ hours for every new account I don’t think anyone wants to do that.

If I ruin the game for EVERYONE ELSE then yeah I would kind of expect to be punished for it

You are, for 10 minutes. If you repeatedly leave it goes up exponentially.

I find their system better then yours. It’s somewhat forgiving of the rare issue out of our control, but quickly ratchets up for actual leavers.

It’s a bad system and they have even said if you have unreliable internet don’t play the game. You should be punished more heavily for leaving and ruining the game for literally everyone else.

I’d like to see a flat 24 hour ban implemented when someone leaves a competitive match, regardless of if it’s the first person to leave or not, and eliminate the other effects of leaving.

24 hours of no play on that account would be more of an incentive to stay, and would also cut down on people swapping accounts and leaving on their other characters also.

Sure, this may cause a so called ‘innocent’ to get a 24 hour ban, but I look at it as an incentive to fix their internet or PC issues. Having a lousy internet connection or PC that can’t handle gaming punishes other people who do not have these issues.

Blizzard needs to formally open the topic back up. Because in my experience, they made a decision and haven’t looked back on it with the community in years.

2 Likes

Having a leaver means the rules have been broken and therefore the match has as well.

1 Like