If Sombra nerf goes through it will simply means PTR is a waste of everyone's time

ptr is nothing more than a demo. The most vocal outcries have always been ignored, leaving the community with a massive “told you so” for chars like Mercy, Hanzo, soon to be Sombra etc.

By no means is the community great at balancing as everyone has different ideas but when everyone, pros and casuals alike, all say a change is ridiculous, that change is ridiculous and devs should take note.

In case of Sombra, her changes really do read like someone was balancing 1.0 Sombra, another got 2.0 and someone thought invis was the best thing ever and decided to increase it. She is a mess of balance in the ptr.

infinite stealth & translocator are completely unnecessary and don’t change the character.

but allowing enemies to destroy translocator, and making stealth detectable from twice the distance, as well as making sombra being unable to cap and move slower?

those are huge nerfs, and the only “redeeming” feature is something that nobody asked for. (infinite stealth & translocator)

2 Likes

Just stop. The vast majority don’t.

I’m pretty sure at this point the PTR only exists for bug testing

wow that is really good, which thread is it? can i have a link?

1 Like

Even that isn’t working out too well.

they don’t even test the bugs now, or else sombra nerfs shouldn’t pass it.

They have fixed bugs and other issues that matter. Sombra “mains” need to chill.

you’re kind of spreading lies now you know

Just people that like her have no reason to go to the forums.

The worst thing we can do is stay silent. Keep raising hell about these terrible Sombra changes, eventually Blizzard will listen.

1 Like

it’s kind of true. why am i playing just to get ignored

Ana absolutely destroyed and despite feedback released to live servers.
Same with Roadhog.
Mercy players collectively rally against the proposed rework, straight up telling devs that Ressurect on E is too strong, and it still goes live.
Sombra is 100% going to hit live servers in her current state despite community outcry.

The PTR is not for feedback on balance, merely to test for bugs. Anything that goes to PTR is going straight to live.

Here are the nerfs:

Speed while invisible is significantly less: +75%—> +50%

Detecting radius increased: 2m —> 4m (much harder to sneak around)

Translocator is killable by the enemy. It only has 5HP. Now your escape method is less safe

Being invisible endlessly does not do much to buff Sombra. You want to limit downtime in the game, you don’t want to sit around invisible and not contributing for your side.

Here you go Improvements to Sombra2.0.

I hate to be that guy and I love Sombra and all but yeah Mercy mains say hi at least your not getting a total rework so the character doesn’t even function the same.

PTR exists to fill us with dread for upcoming changes.

oh man, don’t remind me. I loved my warlock and after a while, blizzard just quit listening and decided to make changes that didn’t make ANY sense. Now that seems to be the case with overwatch. eventually they get to a point where the devs just screw with things because they THINK it might be a good idea, then implement it without taking feedback into consideration.

Actually have to agree here. Remember when they were adding hype by teasing this.

RoadHog got a rework? Unless you mean his Take-A-Breather buff?