If Mind Control was the next mechanic.... (No Matter What)

How do you think it will work?

(Would you kindly take a guess.)

1 Like

The enemy would have inverted controls

2 Likes

An idea for a CC ability yaaaay

4 Likes

That’s not mind control.

I am talking about taking control from the enemy team, not changing the controls of the hero.

Would you kindly try again?

It would be removed from the game is my guess.

Mind controlling people and having them jump off cliffs would be too good

11 Likes

Would you kindly just humor me?

It would have to work like junkrats tire were you lose control of your character which controlling the other person

2 Likes

I think there is other ways we could make it work.

For example, would you kindly tell what you think about it turning an enemy hero into a zombie? (You take control of the enemy hero and the hero melee is hugely buffed but everything else is disabled.)

The closest I can think of is a mixture of Hack and Mei’s Freeze

Maybe a mind control ability will allow the enemy team to do friendly fire maybe.

2 Likes

I think that works, thanks kid.

Would you kindly forget about this then?

(This was heavily Bioshock ref)

2 Likes

it would cost 10 mana

1 Like

An Omnic chooses, a man obeys.

Illusion: Target an ally and create an illusion of them that rushes forward drawing enemy fire.

Trigger: Cause an enemy to trigger their ult the instant their meter is full s opposed to when they want to.

Terrify: Create the illusion of an allied heroes ult firing.

Confuse: The enemy’s controls are altered so when they try to use an ability they perform an emote or voice line instead.

Enrage: The effected enemy can inflict friendly fire.

Mind over matter: The effected ally is immune to damage or effects for a time.

Embolden: An ally moves faster, reloads faster, has slower cooldowns, and/or builds ult faster.

Failure to communicate: affected enemies can’t see where their allies are on the map, can’t see objective progress and/or can’t see can’t hear the announcement of ults.

3 Likes

Uninstall: refusal of anything listed here

2 Likes

Much like junkrat’s tire i’d assume. You lose control of your character and gain control of there’s temporarily. I’d also assume it would only affect movement and not abilities or primary

1 Like

That would still let you walk them off the map.

naturally.

Mind Control would be an awful idea in a game where TTK’s and environmental kills are as short as they are. Taking control of someone like a Reinhardt or Ana would be far too valuable.

You’d have to make it extremely difficult to pull off, and then it just ends up as one of those frustrating mechanics where you can practically never pull it off reliably, but if you do pull it off, it’d be super awful to play against.

I’d much rather they implement soft-CC’s for new mechanics.

Like for example, you could have Blind which would limit your vision to say, 10-20 meters. Or Grounded, which prevents any mobility abilities from being used, but nothing else.

2 Likes

People used to say the same about invisibility, or canceling abilities or … just the whole WB Concept.

I mean invisibility isn’t too far fetched, even in a shooter. It was that people at Blizzard had PTSD from the TF2 Spy so they decided to make Sombra utility based instead of an Assassin.

Likewise, Silences are incredibly common in plenty of games and that’s all Hack is, a Silence.

I never heard anything against Wrecking Ball as a concept, except for maybe the argument that you can’t make a Main Tank without a Barrier. Which the argument has a little bit of merit since WB’s design kinda puts him in a weird spot where he doesn’t fit into any other tank dynamic.