If Mercy were to get changed

The easiest and most effective change would be an hps increase.

Another change that could be effective would be to make some changes to Valkyrie: remove the delay between casting the ult and healing, increase healing of the main beam while decreasing secondary beams, reduce the duration of Valkyrie, give Mercy ult charge for successful resurrections and more ult charge for damage boosting.

Past that you start to get into harder to implement territory like allowing res to be used on a living character for a large heal (incurring a shorter cooldown, and possibly a shorter cast time).

I think in general, they could move beyond “90% of the time you hold down one button at a time, and don’t die”

I think I might be confused about this comment - are you claiming that Mercy’s play style is too passive and needs more active components? If so, I’m not sure that I agree that it’s passive. It certainly doesn’t feel that way when I’m playing it.

So, something like Mass Res? :stuck_out_tongue:

Which is why Valkryie should be changed. Its consistency goes beyond Mercy level and reaches super saiyan Mercy consistency levels.

I’m not sure if a burst heal would work well for Mercy with out diluting her character design further. The same for AOE heal. Plenty of healers do that. She should maintain her identity.

Strong (currently weak) consistent heals to a single target.

No. I rather Rez was insta-cast and charged to be used instead of being slow-motion and guaranteed every 30 seconds. Let the darn thing be earned then let us use it instantly after paying our dues to get it!!

1 Like

My ideas are not stupid. She needs more healing to keep up with the other supports (I showed statistics that do not lie). While in the Rez cast-time, Mercy cannot support the team in anyway & the ability is on such a long cool-down, so she needs more ways to get the Rez off. If you look at all the boops in the game, so many of them are on like a 5 second cool-down. A 5 second cool-down to extremely easily cancel a 30 second cool-down? That is the very definition of imbalance. Also, I don’t know about the slingshot bug; if it allows Mercy to play as not intended, then remove it.

Blizzard does not give us the ability to make these kinds of hero balance changes in custom games though, so none of us can actually see what any of the changes we talk about look like. The changes I proposed look to be very solid though, they make Mercy more enjoyable to play & more balanced.

This is a good fix but i think it would be a little much with this and Mercy’s unlimited ammo in Valk.

Maybe go the other way around.
Instant Rez in Valk. But it cancels Valk.

If that is a problem, then remove Mercy’s unlimited ammo during Valkyrie. She is a support first & fore-most.

Ohh where are those stats you showed cause all the way up to masters/GM, Mercy has the second highest average healing per 10 minutes in the game only slightly beat by moira, so feel free to show us that.

Depends. I would be okay with some form of ramping up her healing or whatever if it was earned and not simply given.

I think what I would really like from Mercy is some observable depth added (if future buffs are considered).

If you know how and when to Rez… You still get recognized for doing so (that’s one way a good Mercy is seen from a bad Mercy). Aside from that… There is some really cool, but generally impractical Guardian Angel Tech. Nothing really beyond that.

I like ideas where we have challenges to promote a character being better, not objectives to meet that make a character better.

• Challenge: My dead idea: If Mercy scores hits with her pistol, she gets a resource meter that can be toggled to improve HPS by +10 or Damage Boost by +10%.
  • Objective: Idea’s I’ve seen like: If Mercy heals or boosts X damage, she uses a burst of healing on an ally.

How about an ability to counter burst damage? An “intervention” skill that leaves your patient with 1 Hp if they take lethal damage while the buff is active. This ability could possible even be spread through the Valkyrie chain beams.

There is nothing broken about a consistent 60hps beam. There literally isn’t. We’ve had her with 60hps and mass rez and she was still c list at best. Why would a version with 60 hps and no mass rez be broken?

You are not taking into account how much damage Mercy does/amps. Mercy provides the least damage out of any support. Damage is arguably more important/impactful than healing, or at the very least, equal to.

Oh yeah you forget she provides the completely unique ability to ress dead teammates. She also amps other peoples ult damage giving huge extra damage output.

Is there more you forgot ?

That’s like me saying Ana has the unique ability to stop any healing from being done to enemies & can put an enemy out of the fight for 6 seconds with Sleep Dart. Ana can amp damage from certain ultimate’s as well.

I’ve seen that suggestion and it’d be a neat try.

Same 30 sec CD but the Rez can either be used as say a 300hp burst heal or a rez, and the Mercy must decide which one is more important in the moment

Or instead of a burst heal, maybe make it a heal-over-time.

1 Like