If junkrat gets self damage back

More often than not, my direct experience tells me otherwise and it rarely works out. Its amazing when it does but those moments are rare to say the least.

I can’t disagree with your experience but each players experience is subjective. Most times I’ve seen it attempted they donate it before it’s destroyed. Sometimes it gets no kills, other times it kills whoevers stalling, usually the tanks.

I would say that the Junkrats that pulls it off probably are a lot more experienced then, cause the times I tried it, I often get my stuffings pushed in.

I prefer the more safer and sure method.

Well, if you’re going to donate his tire you should probably skip goodwill and the salvation army in favor of a charity that’s more local. That way you actually see some of the benefit of the donation which might convince you to donate again in the future rather than using the charity as a garbage pickup.

But seriously, even though it’s probably just your autocorrect pwning you, just in case you’re ESL and genuinely don’t know the word is “detonate”.

Go vertical with your tire. If you want good examples of good/bad junkrat tires, check out Seagull and Jake on junkrat in OWL or ProLikeChro on Youtube compared to, say, Sinatraa (he’s getting a lot better) or almost any of the Koreans.

What sets good Junkrats apart is how they drive the tire vertically and drop it on top of their targets. If you’re driving the tire along the ground at someone, you’re doing it wrong. A tire at eye level is far easier to kill than one that’s airborne because the other team will spend less time looking for it and more time killing it.

1 Like

Pharah flies. She doesn’t have to deal with it if you’re doing the one thing that sets her significantly apart from other heroes. Junkrat can’t fly he can only “fall with style”. She can pretty much perminently fly, do that and you’re good. If you find dying to yourself a problem you should probably not be playing Pharah because you’re probably on the ground.

3 Likes

You pretty much have to be attempting suicide to hit yourself with your own pharah rocket.

4 massive nerfs and a slight buff -> you just want no one to play Junkrat ever again…
Junkrat is already f-tier again, why nerf with no buffs to equal it out?

I don’t think it’s fair to Pharah. Junkrat has the same role + close range capabilities and Riptire, the best ult in the game other than Grav imo. No reason that he should be rewarded for running in mindlessly just waiting until his screen lights up and Athena says “triple kill.”

that is a laugh.
It doesn’t get as many kills as many other ults. It is easily destroyed and it leaves the hero unprotected.

Junkrat does not have the same role as pharah.
He is a defense, area denial
Pharah is an offense aerial killer

any junkrat that runs in mindlessly is going to die.
and most riptires get one kill. (the average is around 4 kills per GAME)

1 Like

D.va ults are mainly meant for zoning. Also, they do 1000 damage and she’s a 150 hp hero. I don’t support giving Junk self damage back. But even if they do, there’s no way her ult should do so. Her micro missiles already damage her.

Sorry, but even as a Bronze player myself, if Pharah is killing herself with her own rockets, that person should not be playing Pharah.

2 Likes

If junkrat goes back to damaging himself, then everyone should go back to damaging themselves.

Ugh, most embarrassing. I just swapped from Swype to Gboard and it’s still learning my style :confused:

You mean like the way he was for months and months, still getting decent amounts of play?
You mean the way grenade launchers have worked in pvp shooters for decades?

1 Like

You mean when Junkrat literally didn’t see much usage in competitive simply because of how bad he was?

You’re also comparing other grenade launchers to Junkrat grenade launchers? The second slowest projectile in the game that takes time to explode after 3 bounces, only direct hits and for the whole word to see?

At least demoman grenades was much faster,and he had different types of bombs to help him out as well? Cause Junkrat grenade launcher is anemic compared to demoman, or even other shooters like COD where grenade launchers are affectionately dubbed noobtube simply because of how effective they are.

1 Like

Wow, I thought this post got quite a long time ago. I had to reread our early discussions in this post to get a refresher.

All the characters you named are not damaging them selfs with primary fire but Pharah. I did kinda somewhat answer this back in March, I do think if your alt attacks explode you should take damage.
My earlier statment for Pharah was she shouldn’t take damage. Since then my stance has changed though, her kit is kinda built around her attacking from range. I would like it better if she took reduced damage from her own rockets (what is the point of all that armor).
So I still agree Junkrat gets some special treatment.

If he gets self-damage without any buffs anywhere else he’ll be garbage.

Since Hanzo is a must pick now, that leaves one other damage spot and he definitely wouldn’t get it.

Exactly this haha! XD

I disagree and agree. Self damage should’ve never been removed but what’s done is done.
I have no interest in relearning gameplay behaviors with JR yet again.

He’s never getting self damage back

2 Likes