If Blizz doesn't acknowledge aim issues... peace out

It may also be a combination of hitscan heroes being converted to instant-projectiles, and then dynamic difficulty adjustment thrown on top. The McCassidy clip from reddit showing his Q missing would lean towards DDA being in the mix as well, which is why I keep pointing it out.

idk man im at my last thread with blizzard, between aim issues, zarya being op as hell, this game blows huge. i hate this game., i want ow1 back but the money lords at blizzard just tried to make more money off this god forsaken piece of crap.

Started benchmarking when the problem was acting up. Not sure if there’s a connection here but the results are interesting nonetheless.

At one point after adjusting settings, the input lag spikes went away and the game seemed reasonably playable. I thought maybe I finally solved it.

But then while playing, the input issue acted up again and this time it felt especially brutal. I was struggling like hell to keep my crosshair on the enemy tank as Zarya. I had moments when I could barely even walk properly. I don’t give a damn if you’re an OWL MVP… No living person could have controlled the reticle on my system.

Unfortunately, this seemingly disproved the theory that the input lag spikes and the aim issue had any connection – until I decided to run some more benchmarks just in case. I found that the input lag spikes had returned in that very match where the mouse problem returned. The spikes come and go but can last for hours. Again though, there’s no way to say for certain if the two issues are connected. But input lag variations would explain why so many people describe the issue as feeling like acceleration/smoothing.

anyone tried this? i still change things back and forth but nothing is better that this setup for me.

1 Like

I have default instead of AMSR or whatever it’s called.

Honestly what has felt the best for me is increasing dpi to over 1000 (normally I was at 500), and lowering in-game sens to like 1.8 or 2. This feels the best so far.

I haven’t really tested it but I think the game does not like lower dpi for some reason. Feels like junk.

Hey ! I was just coming here to post this. I think changing it to “high quality upsampling” then setting it to 0 actually DOES have a positive effect for aim. Still not OW1, but it is BETTER than before. There is still more work to be done to figure out the rest of the aim smoothing issue. But I want to go into what I did so far.

1. I downdated my nvidia driver to 441.41, (which didn’t stay for long because Windows 10 kept updating automatically every 2 restarts or so). This made a noticeable difference. This was before I found out the upsampling setting idea.
  2. Controller smoothing to 0
  3. I’ve tried the 'turning the controller vertical and horizontal up to 100% or down to 0% every time I go to the menu, not sure if this does anything
  4. In OW1, I would see streamers often turn off/on reduce buffering after alt tabbing - this may do something. I also sometimes set the game to windowed, then back to fullscreen after alt-tabbing
  5. I really do feel this made the biggest difference and I copied this word for word from a reddit post - Go to options and change the following:
  • Graphics Quality > High Quality Upsampling > Leave AMD FSR on but set it to 0 instead of 0.25 (this is the main one that seemed to make the biggest difference. Adjusting the render scale may or may not be necessary but I did read that it helps with input lag. Try adjusting this setting first and see how it goes then try the others on top if you like. I found the full combination of these worked best for me.)
  • Video > Render Scale > set to 75% (I left my on 100% and it feels no different)
  • Video > Dynamic Render Scale > Set to off
  • Gameplay > High Precision Mouse Input > Set to On
  • Also if you like keeping your graphics low for input lag reasons, check that ambient occlusion in Graphics Quality is set to off, I had mine on off before and it switched back to on with the update.

It isn’t perfect still, but it’s playable. You have to still compensate for the random mouse trajectory, but it isn’t as random as before it feels. Stil feels off, so it isn’t a fix, but it is HELPFUL. I suggest you guys try it. I don’t feel like downgrading the driver is that important honestly after doing it. I tried at least 4 or 5 different drivers for my 2080. 441.41 was the BEST though if anyone would like to try that out.

edit: you can also get ISLC to free up ram in the background - intelligent standby list cleaner - it’s a program that will free up some ram that I’ve used in the past

edit 2: (ALSO copied from reddit comment) - If you want the least overall input lag, you should be capping your fps based on your gpu usage, not based on your display’s refresh rate or high fps results.

the overwatch engine doesn’t handle high gpu usage well. making sure your gpu is running below 90% will lower your input lag

You can use MSI Afterburner to cap your fps at 240 or whatever your monitor refresh rate is.

That would be OW1, it is MUCH better in OW2 for me.

It does, sometimes.

It has changed, again, and it just went back to barely playable for me.

No issue on the previous patches (since a few days) but interestingly on this one I have the full package, game runs a bit worse, aiming is much worse, possibly random, flickshots feel artificially difficult, netcode seems pretty bad too, etc.

This is going to sound weird, but last nights games were pretty bad for hitreg for me as well. Not sure what was going on, couldn’t land shots for the life of me. Latency was normal, as was my computer. Just shooting through people with Junkrat, Torb wouldn’t land headshots, felt like I could see projectiles just go through people.

ive had them straight disappear without them being eaten or suzu’d. Just leaves my hand and poof gone, like a reverse magician.

you jsut reminded me of sometimes her pulsebomb doesnt always explode like either due to a glitch or someone hacking

I mean it sounds like you’re just bad at the game.

Lol 1 post telling someone else they are bad at the game. People who drop the skill line in these forums are hilarious and project so much; it’s overcompensation. Most people who analyze this game the most are the more highly skilled players.

Console? Aim? You guys have aim assist. This is a PC problem.

I swear, so many of these responses remind me how little people understand about the game they’re playing. There’s a few who SEEM to have a deeper understanding, but even they are just wildly missing the mark. They have settings that are causing input delay, and that’s it. That’s the only issue, and they don’t know their own system well enough to fix it. That, or they’re just not as good as they think they should be.

Just tweak your settings and build up new muscle memory. It’s not a hard concept to grasp. You already do it each time you play a new game. :roll_eyes:

skill issue

XD some of you are so cute with your level of overcompensation and are so clearly not confident in your own gameplay. So cute.

You both do realize there were multiple top 500 players talking about the aim issues? You also do understand Blizzard has acknowledged the issue? You do also know that for many the patch on 10/13 helped the issues a bit?

You are aware of these things, correct?

Buggy aim mechanics in OW2 literally have zero correlation to a player’s skill, and this is something (as mentioned) experienced by players of every level of gameplay, novice to professional.

B r u h. Acting like aim assist is aimbot.

It’s very close to aimbot though.