If Blizz doesn't acknowledge aim issues... peace out

i’m not having trouble and would really think to apply everything wrong with the aiming system on how it was in overwatch 1 which was not like any other game to begin with

Unfortunately I believe aim is acting up for me again. :frowning:

Yeah that’s about right. Imo higher DPI can ‘feel’ a little faster and harder to control. So you may also want to try 1.88 or 1.87 at first.

Ok soooo… whoever said they raised their dpi and it felt better, was on to something. I raised my normally 500 dpi 6 in-game sens up to 1600 dpi 1.8 in-game sens… and it definitely felt more responsive. I had to get used to how crisp it felt actually, but once I did I was flick headshotting widows no problem.

I wonder if Blizzard put something into the game that makes lower dpi setups feel more “muddy” or something, whilst actually making higher dpi feel more crisp and responsive. This would be something that would mostly benefit newer players. We all know most newer players start out with a much higher dpi setup then more skilled players, who usually end up under 1000 dpi.

I wanted to test this more before writing it here but I also think that 144 fps capped felt better than 300+.
Idk why, I never capped ow1. It’s also weird to me how ow2 runs at 300+ when ow1 was at 220 area with my hw.

1 Like

This is from my beta 1 and 2 feedback back in april.

3 Likes

Interesting, I use dot as reticle on my Ashe.

1 Like

I had to sway my aim violently during the beta. Almost constantly jittering my mouse for shots to register. Needless to say it didn’t feel right. It’s a little better on live but still not right.

4 Likes

There’s apparently a bug where controller settings affect your mouse sensitivity as well, so check your controller settings. If you have “aim smoothing” or “aim ease in” on, put them to 0, this fixed my issues.

2K Mouse Polling Rate
1.5k-3k-10k DPI Switch
10.95% Sens
Mouse Accel ON -Acually makes you a better gamer.

Diamond - Top 500

Dark Core PRO Wireless

Kiriko Winrate 59%: https://i.imgur.com/FYh8l2i.png

Weapon Acc%: https://i.imgur.com/iZC21Es.png

Weapon acc Best 75% Cassidy: https://i.imgur.com/Dkf7KlO.png

The betas felt terrible for me but live felt even worse until yesterday. I can’t entirely credit the patch though because there were other variables at play.

I finally started playing at my native res. Didn’t do it in the past because it’s 1440p and nobody plays OW at 1440p! But since I’m pushing such higher framerates, I can afford to go 1440p and then cap it to my old OW1 framerate of 350. Some new Razer drivers also came through but not firmware, so not sure they’re really relevant.

In any case after all this, the game felt great. Actually more responsive than OW1 (possibly because I’m on the new NA server with lower ping). It’s definitely still not the same as OW1, but that could be credited to the cumulative effect of resized hitboxes, new movement speeds and movement patterns, hitreg issues, etc.

How do I know it’s not placebo? My inability to control My hero in OW2 was so severe that I had to decrease my EDPI by 8%. That’s a huge value in a game you’ve spent thousands of hours playing. Halfway through the first week, I tried bumping it back up to my old OW1 EDPI and it was still completely unplayable.

Yesterday, I bumped it up to my old EDPI immediately before even trying the lower one. Was able to play the game effortlessly. Don’t get me wrong, my performance was total piss because I now need to readjust. But despite that, I could immediately feel the objective improvement in mouse control.

EDIT: The brief patch notes for the Razer drivers said they were to improve performance, and supposedly mouse MF software can actually impact mouse performance. In the future I’ll play with it closed.

1 Like

I used a similar sensor with older version of the same mouse.
(Before i get any weird comments i know it has nothing to do with the hit reg issue some of us encounter on live)

2 Likes

Sorry can you elaborate? There was a new Razer patch? And what should be closed?

1 Like

Will check this out after my movie. About to crash. Thanks dude.

New driver for the Razer Synapse software. Most people advise to close Synapse when you’re playing because it eats up resources, can alter the mouse output and supposedly can cause a little latency. That actually goes for any mouse software. Best to close it while playing, provided that you can save your DPI and polling rate settings to the mouse internally so that the software doesn’t need to be open.

I was afraid the polling setting might not save internally, but I can easily test that to verify.

What seems like an eternity ago…
Google “Razer DeathAdder Signature Black Edition(means with glossy sides fixed)” and check out the overclock net post.

This is the mouse i use still to this day. Even though it’s held together by glue. Robert, one of the founding CEOs gave it to me for Christmas 2010. He passed away in late april this year.

Sorry. Random thoughts. He was a stand up guy. R.I.P. Rob.

1 Like

Oh damn. That’s awful news. I’m sorry to hear about that, but it’s amazing that he left you with such a prized possession.

1 Like

they did 20charsssss

More than anything a personal friend. His wisdom will be missed.
tinyurl. com /3bbb99fp

1 Like