If Blizz doesn't acknowledge aim issues... peace out

The betas felt terrible for me but live felt even worse until yesterday. I can’t entirely credit the patch though because there were other variables at play.

I finally started playing at my native res. Didn’t do it in the past because it’s 1440p and nobody plays OW at 1440p! But since I’m pushing such higher framerates, I can afford to go 1440p and then cap it to my old OW1 framerate of 350. Some new Razer drivers also came through but not firmware, so not sure they’re really relevant.

In any case after all this, the game felt great. Actually more responsive than OW1 (possibly because I’m on the new NA server with lower ping). It’s definitely still not the same as OW1, but that could be credited to the cumulative effect of resized hitboxes, new movement speeds and movement patterns, hitreg issues, etc.

How do I know it’s not placebo? My inability to control My hero in OW2 was so severe that I had to decrease my EDPI by 8%. That’s a huge value in a game you’ve spent thousands of hours playing. Halfway through the first week, I tried bumping it back up to my old OW1 EDPI and it was still completely unplayable.

Yesterday, I bumped it up to my old EDPI immediately before even trying the lower one. Was able to play the game effortlessly. Don’t get me wrong, my performance was total piss because I now need to readjust. But despite that, I could immediately feel the objective improvement in mouse control.

EDIT: The brief patch notes for the Razer drivers said they were to improve performance, and supposedly mouse MF software can actually impact mouse performance. In the future I’ll play with it closed.

1 Like

I used a similar sensor with older version of the same mouse.
(Before i get any weird comments i know it has nothing to do with the hit reg issue some of us encounter on live)

2 Likes

Sorry can you elaborate? There was a new Razer patch? And what should be closed?

1 Like

Will check this out after my movie. About to crash. Thanks dude.

New driver for the Razer Synapse software. Most people advise to close Synapse when you’re playing because it eats up resources, can alter the mouse output and supposedly can cause a little latency. That actually goes for any mouse software. Best to close it while playing, provided that you can save your DPI and polling rate settings to the mouse internally so that the software doesn’t need to be open.

I was afraid the polling setting might not save internally, but I can easily test that to verify.

What seems like an eternity ago…
Google “Razer DeathAdder Signature Black Edition(means with glossy sides fixed)” and check out the overclock net post.

This is the mouse i use still to this day. Even though it’s held together by glue. Robert, one of the founding CEOs gave it to me for Christmas 2010. He passed away in late april this year.

Sorry. Random thoughts. He was a stand up guy. R.I.P. Rob.

1 Like

Oh damn. That’s awful news. I’m sorry to hear about that, but it’s amazing that he left you with such a prized possession.

1 Like

they did 20charsssss

More than anything a personal friend. His wisdom will be missed.
tinyurl. com /3bbb99fp

1 Like

That’s amazing. :purple_heart:

1 Like

tinyurl. com/ t3fc3s8m

I don’t use this one much anymore. Has my gaming handle painted on and he signed it.
Then i put a clear coat over it.

1 Like

Oh snap. That looks sick. I wouldn’t use it either. I’d be afraid of damaging it!

1 Like

Whats the patent that could explain these weird aim experiences?

I like the guys comment as end note. Don’t blame the equipment or setup. Blame your skill.

In the mid 90s i had a very narrow desk with a trackball. People often comment on how my setups are insane. For years i was on the first generation Deathadder at 1600dpi. Then made the jump to 3200dpi when the 3 and 3.5g sensor dropped. When r6 siege first came about i rolled at 4200dpi. Still have a ton of clips from players calling hacks.

These sensitivities work for me because I’m used to them. It might seem wacky to someone else that is used to lower senses.

I just trained my wrist to do very small adjustments and usually can feel it out if i need corrections.

Anyway, thanks for the vid. Was interesting.

The server issues are making it 10x worse too.

In Australia were lucky to get a single game on local servers.

Every other one is forcing us to deal with 130ms for no reason.

It makes getting used to the new aiming a bit difficult.

Just did a survey for blizz that i got over email and there were review questions for ow2 in it mostlg about battlepass and different new features of ow2 but something that struck me as odd was how they listed among new features like new maps new heroes etc “fair matches” lmao, suspicious. But also they then had something like “how have the premium items affected gameplay?” And its like on a slider between 0 and they make the game feel pay to win.

I think we’re gonna be getting paid boosties and items (not just kiriko in comp being arguably p2w)

Wonder if the fair matches thing is related to all these things yall are mentioning

Um, so is that why… if u have 20+ years of experience in fps-games and get into OW2 and get put in bronze5 straight away and literally eat up real bronze players ur aim is actually “adjusted” so that u can’t get up the rank where u should be? :smiley:

I love the idea that they are at least trying to do something about the huge smurfing problem that breaks the raning systems, but if this is the fix, it also causes the problem of experienced fps-gamers coming in from another game, learning OW2 mechanics quickly in a matter of days, then being punished for it

Have they fixed the problems with disconnections from the game yet btw? I haven’t played in a few days now, hoping to hear something bout them fixing it

I won my last 4 games before quitting, but they didn’t register as wins, instead of an end screen with the score board and highlights I was just sent back to find a new game :smiley:

Common retort since time began. Some of us have played OW in the past and have had completely different experiences including playing at highMMR (I was a GM for instance). Then other high profile streamers who are experiencing similar things. Somethings messed up. Whether it’s dynamic difficulty adjustment, accidental aim assist, hit registration, or buggy code… somethings not right.

4 Likes

its honestly probably all of the above. Stomping games and games feeling unbalanced was a big criticism of OW so makes sense that theyd do that. The product is rushed as well so thats why its shoddy on the coding. Its just egregious how obvious the aim tampering is. I mean its shameful that its there at all, but especially that its this bad. All for the sake of engagement…

They should at least keep dynamic difficulty adjustment to casual modes like quick play and leave it out of comp. it defeats the whole point of competitive