Idea for a Shadow Step rework/change

I know this won’t happen and that nearly everything that gets put on the PTR is set in stone and gets pushed to live as is, but still, I thought of a change for Reaper. Bear in mind that the only way I would want to see this change happen is if his lifesteal is dropped back down to 30% or even 20%.

Shadow Step - Moved from E by default to right click by default. Reaper fires a projectile similar in size and velocity to Ana’s sleep dart that does 50 damage and sticks to whatever surface or enemy it hits for five seconds. During the five seconds that the projectile remains attached, Reaper is able to activate the ability a second time to instantly teleport to the location that the projectile stuck. If stuck to an enemy hero, Reaper will appear behind them when he teleports.

This does a few things for Reaper. It gives him a quick way to get in or out on a cooldown, which is something that Reaper needs, and has needed, for a very long time. It gives Shadow Step a lot more versatility, as well, being that you can now teleport to enemy players, or shoot it into a wall or ceiling to teleport into the air and drop down. This will also make Shadow Step a lot more consistent, as you will no longer have to make sure that you’re lining up your Shadow Step just right with a ledge or something that you’re trying to get to. In addition, this change makes it so that Reaper no longer has to fully commit to the Shadow Step. If he fires it off and then sees that he placed it poorly or the enemy has moved or adjusted in a way that the teleport will no longer be safe, Reaper can opt to not teleport. With Shadow Step the way it currently is, you have to fully commit, and you might commit to a seemingly safe Shadow Step to high ground or something only to see a Pharah come around the corner or a Widow lining up a shot on you and be completely unable to do anything about it.

1 Like