I wish Ana had as much feed back as these mercy threads

And if they are not hitting the supports then the supports are getting a ton of ult charge. Which means Ana can nanoboost more often, Zen can transcend more often, Lucio could Sound Barrier more often, and even Brigitte can Rally more often.

And when Brigitte Rallies Flankers lose a lot of their damage output against everything. Especially tracer.

Also the French emplacements failed because no one thought that tanks could get through the river filled black forest. This was because the concept of the tank by then was outdated in the minds of the French who still thought in WW1 terms. Instead of seeing that tanks with reasonable armor and high speed would become the thing of the future.

If the French had also setup their emplacements through the black forest then Germany would have had to either engage the mobile force that was the other “wall” to lock down the advance, or be forced to engage the emplacements directly.

Which is how a defensive comp works. The enemy is forced to engage them in order to stand a chance at winning.

Um. You do realize that the team running Moira will be getting more ult charge than Ana’s team?

Moira will be doing just as much healing, if not more. Brigitte will be doing more healing and damage, and the off support will still be doing the same thing.

Its not like you can kill a Moira easily with a flanker, so in both cases the flankers wont really be effective hitting the supports. If Moira gets hit she can run to Brigitte, which is much easier than vice versa. But in Ana’s case the DPS and tanks are gonna be weaker and receive less heals than Moira’s team, allowing for Moira’s team to outlast Brigitte’s team and build tank and DPS ults faster as well.

As for the fortifications being extended to the Ardennes, yes that would have delayed the Germans, no it would not have stopped them. The issue about a static defensive line is that it stretches you thin everywhere, since you need to defend every mile of your border.

Meanwhile the mobile adversary can have a schwerpunkt that lets them concentrate their force and bust your defense at a single point. See Ouvrage La Ferté. A German frontal assault that broke through the Maginot line.

Trying to defend everything and putting considerable troops in static, inflexible defensive positions is a surefire way to lose. Having your forces be mobile and able to fight where you NEED to fight is the far better option.

This does not mean slow units are bad and speed is everything. No, it means that slow units need to be at or near the schwerpunkt at all times, thus maximizing their utility and effect. In a 2.5 tank composition your schwerpunkt is your tanks and frontline, not your main healer. You do not want to pull resources away from your schwerpunkt to defend your main healer if possible. Ideally the main healer should be able to draw the fight into the schwerpunkt if she is attacked.

Not really, Moira’s healing output is much stronger and she applies a HoT, Which means that she can tap everyone and Brigitte wont have much opportunity to use repair kit. So Brigitte wont be able to ult as much as if she was paired with Ana. Not to mention that the biotic grenade healing boost means that Repair Kit heals for 225 base. Which means repair kiting a target at heal boosted low health target is going to full heal and overheal 200 HP heroes and massively heal tanks.

But then all Moira can do is just ult which is more for healing then damage. Which the healing can be nulled by Biotic Grenade.

Pretty much no matter how you look at it most of Ana’s viability involves that grenade. You can say Moira heals more but healing output wont matter when you cannot heal the important targets. The healing boost greatly increases all of the supports and Brigitte’s ability to heal.

Which is why Blizzard is having trouble changing Ana.

Because of that pocket ult grenade combined with the damage/defense boost ult and the longest hard CC in the game. She has too much utility where if her weaknesses are covered then it would be better to run her over a raw stat healer.

I also love how history can be applied to the tactics in video games.

its true i gave up in complaining because theyre never going to respond

The thing is Moira’s orb is basically a biotic grenade lite. It doesnt have the offensive abilities, but in terms of healing it can put out a LOT of healing at once. It doubles Moira’s healing, which is more than a 50% increase, and since your off healers arent doing much healing anyway, its results in a superior amount of healing for your team.

And I would honestly take a faster Moira ult over a faster Brigitte ult anyday. Brigitte ults are easy to blow through and dont offer the survivability of Coalescence. Not to mention Moira’s ult can actually outpace DPS ults, and can be used to initiate the snowball effect. Rally… not so much.

The only argument for picking Ana here is anti-heal, but is that really worth removing 1 entire person from the fight?

TBH Grenade is very powerful, but I dont see it being OP as an ability, after all we have discord. It does however mean

• No buffing Ana healing
  • No buffing grenade

Her survivability and mobility are fair game since neither of them affects the power level of her grenade.

TBH I would actually ascribe Dive vs Triple Tank to the Vietnam War. Where Dive is the Vietcong and Triple Tank is the US.

Dive is this guy who constantly pops up and stops you from doing the objective, but can get away before you can do any significant damage. Then when you are worn down and tired they attack in force with artillery and a big charge. Meanwhile the big and heavily armored Triple Tank force can never actually bring their firepower to bear where it is needed.

Doesnt help that the Vietcong in this case have better weapons, and the US dont have air superiority.

Well… it comes with the good and bad. For one Mercy has been nerfed to the ground or reworked a lot harder than other support. She also receives a substitutional a lot more grief or hate in game. Mercy is often #1 target to kill among any team comp, or gets solo ult one of the most.

Google Search 3/01/2018

mercy overwatch hate

About 3,610,000 results

Ana overwatch hate

About 418,000 results

Lucio overwatch hate

About 525,000 results

Symmetra overwatch hate

About 286,000 results

Moira overwatch hate
About 228,000 results

Of course there are those who are willfully ignorant, delusional, or just want troll to grief Mercy mains more like ritzyuk is trying to do . Dealing with more stress, toxic players with unreasonable demands, require more discipline and focus to get the job done on top of excessive nerfs. Aside from that. I understand the concerns that some Ana player feel the her nano nerfs is still to much. The recent damage buff is nice but it’s not enough. She doesn’t get enough play of the game, or silly teammates that wake up her sleep dart or move too much for heals.

ANNA IS

1. The only healer who has NO AIM FREE ability
  2. Lowest mobility (with zen)
  3. She has NOTHING that heals or attacks through SHIELDS (all rest can and Brigitte has the bat to attack.)
  4. Only snipper who cannot take higher ground. (Widow Hanzo)
  5. Biotic grenade? We are all wasting it to self heal.
  6. Reloading time ?one of the slowest
  7. Sleep Dart? Hardest projectile to land

ON TOP she is not a hit scan

After her “EXECUTOR” Moira, Brigitte came to put the final nail to her coffin.

When u pick her UNLESS U HAVE 200hours and her PLUS a GOLDEN GUN your teammates panic that you are throwing

1 Like

I have more than 200hours on all Supports in all 3 accounts I play.

WHY MERCY is considered EASY?
Comparing to who? Moira? That u can play her wile sending emails?
Lucio? that if u can wall ride u basically spectate the game safe LIKE A REPLAY CAM , and only land to boop?
I main ZEN this season on my COMP account and although i was reluctant first I find him much more LAID BACK than mercy.

I can play all of above with a couple of Beers , Mercy Anna no

The only time MERCY was OP was when she could do multiple VALK res (autumn 2017) …

Now her ult i use just to destroy teleporters or come back from spawn door

CONTRARY TO ALL HEALERS ANNA is TRASH for more than 17 months
1 Like

Welcome into the forums, where Mercy players reign the majority.
Our everyday bread:

"Mercy this, Mercy that, Mercy yes, Mercy no.
Boring yes, fun no, boring no, fun yes.

Revert this, buff that, revert that way, buff this way.

Blizzard is bad, Blizzard egoist, Blizzard lies.
Blizzard killed the whole support tab changing Mercy.
Blizzard this, Blizzard that to us.

Can’t play anymore the game, should i keep playing the game.
Mercy, Mercy, Mercy, Mercy main btw."

I am for one happy about the garbage bin Mercy thread, because otherwise the forums would just be flooded. To be fair… Mercy posts got boring to read and see everywhere.

Meanwhile among the minority, those who do not play the forums’s reigning heroes, we can observe some patient players whose characters rot in sad tier for so long… so long.

Who are they, WHAT are they? It is hard to tell. I just see them patiently await while not flooding the forums and seems to feel somewhat… forgotten.

Other characters need more love and support. I would love a little blue post for Ana, even if it is a “NO”. So at least they know what to expect…

Hopefully i do not get again suspended because some offended entitled Mercy players decided to make me pay while flagging my post…

(rebel) Mercy main by the way.

1 Like

I love Ana, she has been my first main girl ever since I started playing on console two years ago, and I wish I could just play her every time, because she is just awesome and fun to play. Her concept and design is so unique and special.

But there is no point, she is getting outclassed a lot and the nades/sleepdart don’t change this too much. Many times you end up solo healing in comp (that’s just how it is in the mid tiers, 3 DPS simply gets a lot more common) and end up using your nade more defensively not only for your team but for yourself, so the utility of the nade is gone. And sleepdart is a hard CC to hit and gets blocked by a ton of things and wakes the target up as soon as someone on the team coughs in their general direction.
There is a Dva in most of the games and she eats both, infact, not only barriers but the god damn DM negates a lot of Anas kit.
And then there is Nano Boost, an ult which most of the time only does something when the teammate uses an ult themself.
I recently played a bit HotS and playing Ana on there is actually quite fun, especially because she has the secondary “ult” which lets her do rapid sniper shots. Even in HotS Nano boost feels like dung lol.

I can’t understand how a high skill hero like Ana is so extremely outclassed by low skill heros like Moira and Mercy. This is insane and in no game ever should be the low skill hero more effective than the high skill hero.

2 Likes

What’s the point even discussing Ana’s state anymore? Feedback was given in droves when her changes were put up on the PTR, but as we know the PTR is not for testing/iterating, merely to preview changes that are absolutely hitting live servers regardless. Ana was nerfed into the ground and left there. Coupled with the complete refusal to let Overwatch be anything besides Dive, she just isn’t worth bothering with. A sniper with no ability to reach high ground; a Support with pathetic self defence. Playing Ana is just an exercise in masochism.

1 Like

sadly true :confused: i still hope they’ll eventually look at her again. i mean, she’s barely played, she’s my fav healer but i had to switch to Zen cause with him, at least I can kinda defend myself, plus, he has rechargable shields…

#saveNana <3

p.s. there are a few threads going around for suggestions about Ana, it’s not that no one mentions her, it’s just way less than Mercy

The squeaky wheel gets the oil.

If you want the devs to pay as much attention to Ana as they do to Mercy, make as much of a fuss on the forums as Mercy mains do rather than complaining about entitlement.

I think part of the reason is also because Mercy gets a lot of hate.

So what happens is Mercy gets a thread for a buff request, then someone comes along and slams it, then more people rooting for Mercy come to defend it, and it escalates from there.

Meanwhile when someone posts an Ana thread asking for a buff request, it kinda turns into an echo chamber that dies quickly, because there are few people that really “hate” Ana, and are more content to not care about her status than actively oppose her.

Thus Ana gets less coverage than Mercy, since Mercy is where all the war and conflict is, even though Ana is the quiet one slowing breaking under the strain of too many refugees.

Oops probably should not have made that reference.

1 Like

Frustrated as hell? Yes.

I’ve made my suggestions often on what her issues are and what I think should be done about it.

I’m at the point that her lack of efficacy isn’t going to matter to me anymore. For the longest I’ve stopped playing her because she sucks. I refuse to let my Mercy hours in this game overtake my Ana time. I want to be an Ana main. I’m a support main and she’s my favorite hero in this game.

I’m at the point where I’m about to say F it. So what she sucks and is almost akin to throwing. Too often I see DPS players playing selfishly. F it, I’m playing her and damn the game, damn their lack of attention and damn every puke telling me to switch off.

I’m tired of fighting the fight to get her fixed. I just want to play this hero more often than I do any other support. It’s simply the one I like the most.

I just wish they do the obvious by her. It’s not much to ask. They know the stats. They know what our complaints are. They know what it is and isn’t we that play her often want. They’re just not listening or doing anything about it.

F it. I refuse to let my Mercy and Lucio time overtake Ana’s. I identify as an Ana support main. I’m sorry to those that want me to switch. It’s not my fault she’s under par.

2 Likes

that was point, that the devs are not paying much attention to Mercy right now regardless of the mega-threads. So no need to sound like a broken record over Ana, the devs already highlighted what their concerns are so time will tell.

1 Like

Ana is less accessible. There are much, much fewer people that play her. That’s why. She’s pretty hard to play even adequately.

Wall climb.

Seriously - I want her to go places only her daughter has ever been lucky enough to venture to.

Seriously she needs those high ground areas to shine - it would be the making of Ana and be such a lot if fun to to play.

It’s been a while since I’ve seen this thread, but to be real with you, I don’t appreciate being bad-mouthed like that. You’re putting some words in my mouth that I don’t agree with at all.

I don’t dislike Mercy mains. I don’t dislike mains of any hero, or any category or anything. In fact, I’m pretty appreciative of Mercy players, we really are running out of dedicated support (and especially) tank players these days. I myself am one of those who got tired of seasons upon seasons of filling into roles I’m not a big fan of and have since switched to DPS.

I don’t deny Mercy mains get unwarranted hate. I don’t agree with any of that hate, it’s horrible - that’s how all hate is. I do agree with some of your points, namely that Mercy mains do in fact get hate, and they have unintentionally (for the most part) garnered a negative reputation from some of the player-base. My point (perhaps badly explained earlier the other month) was that there are many other heroes who also recieve a lot of hate in-game too.

I meant no harm to anyone and neither did I do so. I just hope all toxicity towards all people is one day solved, but the sad truth is I really doubt it will, seeing how online gaming has always been like that. Anonymity on the internet can be a sad thing, yet it’s pretty much necessary.

I agree with you. I am not an Ana main (I am a Lucio main) but I have seen Ana mains and some players intentionally try to use Ana as a reason to nerf other supports. I have seen this with a small few other Lucio mains too.

I remember back when Mercy was nerfed hard OWL did a stupid skit about Mercy that at one point pretty much said that knocking Mercy out would bring Ana back into the meta, that we would see her more.

Welp, look how that turned out. Ana was not brought back into the meta. I recall directly after seeing Ana mains trying to get Moira nerfed back when she first came out. I have said this before but nerfing another support to try to bring Ana back will only serve to make it so there is another underperforming support. It does not fix Ana and never will.