I was WRONG about the Microsoft acquisition... HUGE news

The point is that his decision is not in good faith and he doesn’t care about the market and competition. He cares about what benefits him.

… Ok… and?

I mean, where does this get us?

1 Like

It gets us pointing out hypocrisy.

The point is people feel taller and smarter through a screen than in person lol.

Also, caring about yourself as a consumer is PRO-CONSUMER.

Anyone who thinks people act altruistically - well, I have a bridge to sell you.

2 Likes

… Okay cool, now that we have that cleared up…

what’s next?

I mean, don’t get me wrong if this was something like “echo too strong” coming from a Sojourn player I’d be all for it but…

2 Likes

Caring about apple is the opposite of caring about the consumer, even if it is just your own self-interest.

In my opinion Microsoft has been making better decisions lately. They seem to be more willing to integrate than ever before, which is a big boon for the entire industry. The merger is less about a corporate stranglehold than it is about saving a dying company from the fires, imo.

1 Like

I’m not claiming people do. I just want them to own it instead of pretending there isn’t some ulterior motives to their decisions.

Nothing. This is a discussion forum and I merely want to point out the hypocrisy in their statements.

I don’t really think he was pretending. He made it pretty clear.

1 Like

That is assuming microsoft even makes changes to how things are ran. Activision blizzard makes a lot of money, why would microsoft change anything?

Redemption arc might make more money.

2 Likes

OK, seems like this is a YOU issue. Enjoy the Internet. GLHF

2 Likes

I disagree. He is very clearly masquerading his desire for a Mac and GFN version of OW (which he’s heavily lobbied in favor of for many years) as something about bad for the market/competition. He says so literally in this thread. It’s very obvious he doesn’t care about this. He stated in the past he would be perfectly happy if Apple purchased them instead, which would’ve been far worse for the consumer.

What changes did microsoft make with bethesda other than make subsequent releases exclusive to xbox and PC? Bethesda was in a situation very similar to blizzard is now.

Which games are those? Link please.

How about the first big release post merger, starfield, being xbox and pc exclusive? I cant post links, so you will just have to google the release for that.

Oh I see it now, Starfield and Elder Scrolls. From a Verge article in Dec 2022. This actually changes my stance quite a bit. I can see why the merger is under such scrutiny. Integration is the future. Sad to see these companies flounder around with exclusive BS like this.

1 Like

Wait, you changed your mind? This is the internet, you are supposed to double down.

3 Likes

Thanks for the support guys…

Yes I’ve been very clear from the start that I wanted it on GeForce NOW so that it would be possible to play on all devices including Macs, etc…

There’s no “hidden agenda” whatsoever…

I was also pessimistic about the merger given that Microsoft have in fact denied other cloud gaming services from access to their games like the situation with Boosteroid but today’s news alleviates my concerns…

I’m not sure why this is confusing for some individuals?

:heart:

2 Likes

That’s exactly what this is

This guy’s got a screw loose