I was Falsely Banned for Hacking

This is why we can’t have fun in overwatch.
Even if they get banned , they don’t care, they just buy or use another account.

The bans should be harsher.
Ban account,email and that computer’s physical MAC Address, so that it’s harder to use new accounts.

4 Likes

It’s HWID ban, if I see it correctly in the tweet that celebrates it.

That is amazingly funny… I am dying!

Waiting for Jeff to ban your other accounts lul.

If there was evidences of you hacking, denying repeatedly won’t make it untrue.

I personally got my account silenced earlier this week for perfectly valid reasons.

2 Likes

hmm…

This post made me smile when that doesn’t happen a lot lately. Thank you for all the work you do on a game that I bought a long time ago and still enjoy because of it.

All ban emails say that but many still get overturned because of false positives.

No system is perfect. Before you take your pitchforks from the closet you should educate yourself about false positives and Blizzard’s history with them.

Cheaters getting banned is great but I’ve been playing online games since the 90’s and seen many innocent people get banned so I do think people need to be given a chance to defend themselves and Blizzard should investigate when there’s no absolute evidence (automatic flag isn’t).

Nah pro’s have 40-50%. I have very similar stats playing against people of my own rank instead of bronze but as he was confirmed to cheating I guess he deliberately missed shots to keep em at “realistic” levels.

I love it when Devs tell off problematic players!

This made my day. Thanks, Jeff! :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t say that necessarily, but it does prevent actual offenders from even considering legal action lol. Sometimes a contract can go beyond the bounds of reason, and that can be overturned depending on the situation, like if they banned you because they picked your name out of a random generator or something, that’s not going to fly in a court and it can easily be ruled in the plaintiff’s favor.

As long as it’s something fairly reasonable though, there’s no point pursuing legal action at all.

1 Like

And Jeff with the C4 Exploder from the top rope!

Someone sign Jeff to AEW already, he’s BODYING everyone!

What’s even more pathetic is that OP tried to make it seem like they were actually “skilled” at the game when they knew they were wrong. How is the delusion this strong?!? Then they had to get embarassed by Jeff smh.

2 Likes

Not saying he’s not cheating, but can we stop using Overbuff as a source of stats?

Imagine how mad OP feels right now, even being roasted by Jeff himself.
OP you are cheating and lying trash, and trash needs to be taken outside to the trash can.

5 Likes

I strongly suspect the person is not at all delusional, it’s just straight up lying to earn sympathy. If you got banned for something like an aimbot I really dont think you’d want to admit to actually being terrible.

6 Likes