I was banned from competitive because of... server issues?

huh yesterday i was also playing in comp and suddenly got booted from the server, didnt ket me rejoin and boom 15 mins ban and -60% sr, blizz should refund my sr since their sever crap the bed, thankfully im not banned for the rest of the season, but thats why i think 10 leaves on a season = season ban is too harsh cause this isnt the first time it has happened

1 Like

Sad thing it happend to me too. I already put a ticket on Support and a bot answer it with a long “f*** you” reply about the rules and bla bla bla. Server side error and we got banned because of them. I was playing with a friend and he’s banned too.

2 Likes

And the worst here is we are not gonna never be compensated from the -SR from their server crashes. They know we will play to try to get it back. They just change the page and THE END. Their lack of support for their players is a joke. Their don’t understand what we are going to because mainly all the DEVS are quick player and doesn’t have to much time to PLAY COMP. And mainly because they know how difficult it is.

1 Like

Posting this in General Forum will not get the attention that it sounds like it needs.

Post it in one of these two forums, since it sounds like it is a bug:

Apparently its been confirmed in EU forums that this is indeed a bug.

They’re looking into it now

1 Like

They don’t and they deserve many tomatoes to the face because of it

4 Likes

Whaaaaa? How can this be? An in game system isn’t working correctly? Nooooo. And yet people as of yesterday still in this forum demonizing people getting actioned for a bug. What else is new.

2 Likes

You can also get season-banned from comp for leaving 5 of your last 20 games. In addition to 10 leaves (overall) season-ban.

1 Like

There’s that too. Yes. Thank you =]

But definitely not 1.

1 Like

Unless there’s a bug. Good thing THAT never happens.

Well yeah, that’s why i said it sounds like a bug. There’s also apparently a thread in the EU forums about it being prevalent so I’m thinking we got a really big problem.

A lot of players affected by this the first three seasons never got their rank returned or bans removed. The funny part is after having that bug, beginning season 4 they introduced a new punishment where penalties aren’t reset. This means someone coming off a ban in season 3 from APPLYING UPDATE bug could get banned another season for 1 disconnect. I remember plenty of topics about this in the bug forum at the time. Blizzard may forget but many of us have good memory.

2 Likes

People have posted other replies from Blizzard echoing the same thing. It’s definitely a bug. But at least we’re sure the report system is working correctly, riiiiiiiiiight?

Things breaking doesn’t mean everything is broken.
However
The report system has a lot of faults and is subject to the same… the biggest problem is their followup is absolute garbage. Form letters and people who don’t understand the game (or possibly english) processing the appeals and tickets.

The other side of that, and what you’ll see me argue for, is that like 99 out of 100 people here saying “I got mass reported” or “I got falsely actioned” end up showing exactly why they got reported by multiple people over multiple matches.

Bugs happen and mistakes happen, I’ll never say they don’t.

Yes there are a lot of people who start going into an anger spiral and show why they earn a ban. There are also people that get upset with a bunch of replies with no empathy, blaming them, and then that person gets angry - which is warranted I think.

Even still, I dont think anyone should lose their account permanently for telling someone to swap or calling someone a feeder or even saying ggez.

Racism, sexism, slurs - these are the things that should be actioned. Clean that up with reports capturing the offending snippets - actual proof of something.

If people get actioned for being crazy tryhards screaming at people in qp, Blizzard should tell them, “hey you’re being actioned for screaming at people in qp, these are the excerpts that were reported.” Seems like you dont even get that anymore. Are you being actioned for profanity when profanity wasn’t an issue for all 6 years of OW1? Blizzard needs to communicate that.

It’s just beyond me that this is the system we’re stuck with. We have a profanity filter, we have mute, we have squelch. The idea that I could lose my account permanently for any angry combination of duo, three stack or otherwise is complete and utter insanity.

And this is assuming the system is even working correctly to begin with. Btw, when i report in-game I notice it sends me 3 replies that the report has been processed. Why is that? Imagine if every report is actually 3 and being counted as 3.

We’ve had this discussion already, you’re unlikely to change my mind. But I get if you just want to restate your position.

From what I’ve seen you’re at least genuinely interested in just having a fun game and not worrying about losing your account, so I’m not going to question your character or intent.

I get notifications every other login, I report people like once a month. I’m pretty sure the notifications at least are bugged.

We disagree on how to deal with actual misbehavior or breaking rules, but I can say that bugs, especially bugs that result in account loss should be looked at immediately and dealt with quickly with recompense to those affected.

1 Like

Thank you for stopping me. :laughing: I forget who I’ve been on the merry go round with. I DO remember you are the most obliging and polite person when corrected on something, which kind of makes you a legend for forum self control. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you. I’m not sure how much of that is apathy though.:smile:
I remember your first thread I responded to was about actions and we got heated, but you’ve shown since then you’re likely just someone who got a raw deal.

I can agree: The system as it is now sucks.
If that was your point.

1 Like

I’ve never been actioned for what it’s worth. Just seen too many good people that I know personally eat actions / bans, and that’s why I get fired up about it.

That’s always ultimately the point yep.

1 Like

the leaves carry over now too, so if you left 9 times in prior seasons then leaving 1 game this season would ban you.