I was banned for the whole season because of what?

I log on today and was banned for the whole season. I did get a 15 minutes leave panalty yesterday because the server lost connection in que. I never leaved a game ever! Wtf… iam just… I rly did nothing wrong, i didnt flame anybody or something. This is just unbeliveable. I contacted support but we all know, there is no support. The funny part, i bought the battlepass…

21 Likes

Welcome to the new age of quitter penalties

Its only going to get worse unfortunately

2 Likes

This is not right. Its scam i paid money to play this season. They cant ban me just because of nothing! Has someone any idea what i can do?

Talk to this guy as well… sounds like this might be a problem.

5 Likes

1st of all, those season bans for too much game left is around for long time…

2nd of all, judging by the story it’s a bug

3 Likes

It’s like blizzard lives in a bubble and doesn’t understand technical issues in real world in other parts , they think everyone has california level network.

Even the best isp’s in sea, oce and Asia will have some connection issues from time to time.

This penalties need to be widened.

12 Likes

I have a hunch it could be that bug where it says “MATCH FOUND”

And then after 10 seconds, it just shows the main menu and you’re given a ban despite not even entering a game.

In my opinion, Blizzard should fix this bug before shipping out these new penalties. This nasty bug has been around for quite some time now.

5 Likes

It only happend one time and i got the 15 Minutes… why do i need to get a WHOLE season ban after that. Thats insane

2 Likes

hmm i have this when queueing for quickplay i think. it just never enters a game but says game found. i usually leave queue then but thats quickplay

1 Like

Well, yeah. Any bug should be fixed in ideal scenario.

But it has nothing to do with new penalties. Those season suspension thingies from competitive aren’t new.

1 Like

What annoys me is i would have loaded a workshop a d doing it, it will say match found pull me out then go back to searching again and I have to reopen workshop

I have pretty good internet for Australia. No issues with any other games. But OCE in owToo very often has server issues for Australians.

Like you see other players in all of your games complaining about and asking whether others are lagging and nearly everyone comes in with yes. Players DC’ing constantly etc…

Been happening on and off for all of OWToo. Never had this issue with OW1 though.

I haven’t played much this season yet but i was worried about getting kicked out of comp permanently before the season began.

1 Like

I was banned early 2023 because of the APPLYING UPDATE bug. Blizzard will not revert the ban or give back lost rank. They do not care and will delete your account if you keep reminding them with tickets.
:clown_face:

6 Likes

Yeah i fear it will be like that… one would actually have to take legal action here. Ive never seen something like that.

I think the company is blaming its playerbase again and are coneucting “weeding the roots” methods in hopes that they can regrow a community.

The game is 8 years old now. Chances are thats a high risk gamble. And its not because of the current players you have.

2 Likes

Hi, I have same problem, yesterdar We are playing with 3 friends, and get a 15 minutes leave panalty because the server lost connection in que, and today we loged and we was banned for whole season, and ofc I write to support, but you know ))

2 Likes

I had this “queue bug” yesterday too with 2 friends and afterwards in the next comp match the other 2 players on our team told us about the exact same thing, they had their first game after a 15 minutes suspension too thst they got from a match that never really started.

Ultimately though there is nothing we can do about it other than accept it, we all agreed with their ToS and we will receive bans if it happens too often - regardless whether it’s our fault or “their fault” because in the end it’s always your own fault.

What did i just read. Sry but this is nonsense. We are at fault here? Dude, stand up, you are way to far down…

1 Like

You can waste as much time as you want “rebelling” but you are pretty much talking into a void here. The devs don’t even read these forums. Tickets get answered by bots and in the end, the devs think all they do is correct because how else do you explain 99% of the weird changes the game got over it’s life time?

I mean… rolling out a system that is randomly banning their playerbase for a server sided disconnect in a QUEUE seems abit extreme. Some of us have spent hundreds on OW2 alone, let alone the other franchise games.

On the other hand, Blizzards’ reputation is and has been in the gutter for quite some time already, so you might be right that they’d brush this off as an acceptable loss anyway.

1 Like