I want to protect Ana from the hate brigade

Neither can Zen.

:thinking: Where’s his sleep dart?

3 Likes

Correct. You don’t even need to give ana compensation buffs. I’m not against reworking or nerfing anti-nade at all. I’ve said this a billion times. But ana haters have a memory of a goldfish so they constantly reply back to me with “but ana OP cuz of this
and that” comments. It’s so lame.

1 Like

I disagree.

I’d say nerf Anti, (or even better, indirectly nerf it, by giving Tanks a Status Effect Resistence Passive)
However they should buff Ana, to the point of “Slightly Overpowered”.
Let that sit for a week or two. Then nerf it back down to something more sane.

By the time that cycle goes through, it will be difficult for Ana mains to get hysterical about the nerf, when they are pubstomping for a bit with shiny new buffs. And then by the time even Ana mains know she’s OP. They scale her back down.

Why? They wouldn’t even need to buff her to be there. Sleep on its own would be enough to make her “slightly overpowered”.

Because this is more about managing player emotions, than it is getting a numerically ideal tierlist positioning.

I mean, they’ve already nerfed her sleep dart to 14 seconds. Which in my opinion made ana less fun quite a bit already. I know it was necessary because of 5v5 and solotanking. But a lot of heroes (including ana) has become less fun to play because of the nerfs required to make 5v5 work.

How much complaint was there when ana’s sleep dart cooldown duration was increased? Or her biotic grenade? Not much I’d say. So I’m sure ana mains will be able to deal with anti-nade nerfs even without any compensation buffs. Ana mains aren’t like doom mains who complains about every single change :smile:

Support mains (just like any other main) are mostly afraid of getting the zenyatta/roadhog pre-rework treatment. As long as the nerfs are reasonable, most people should be able to handle it.

But of course, this is just my opinion. I don’t speak for all ana mains but rather, just for myself and how I’d react to the changes.

Ana doesn’t need to be nerfed. The game needs to be 6v6 instead of trying to fit a square peg into a circular hole.

All these hero changes just keep creating more problems. Which shows that the previous problem wasn’t the issue.

If everyone gets a pair to play with except tank then that’s the culprit to the balance headache.

This game wasn’t designed for 222, and the problems showed with that. Now you try to make the roster fit 5v5 and it makes the glaring balance differential more obvious.

Winston has to now ignore armor for true damage to be relevant.

That ain’t an Ana issue. Cause Ana ain’t the problem.

Tbh, I still think sleep is an issue for tanks. The reduced duration doesn’t do anything about the fact that if you shoot straight through it it’s the longest stun on a basic ability by FAR.

As much as Nade is where a lot of her countering comes in play, sleep contributes. Because the basic issue is, any tank who doesn’t have an easy-access barrier/mitigation is Ana food, since she can hurl both of her high-powered offensive cooldowns at them with total impunity.

Traditionally Ana was vulnerable to dive, but with flankers getting nerfed so hard and the meta sort of revolving around counter-dive, also with the fact that dive usually relied on two dive tanks, and removing one was a huge loss for the comp, as well as the support passive
it all sort of escalates into this place where Ana’s main weakness isn’t as much of a weakness anymore.

I just generally think it’s unhealthy for the game that because of Ana’s dart/nade combo, you basically can’t design tanks a certain way because Ana will invalidate them.

And to be even more honest, it seems extremely unfair that every non-tank hero in the game with stuns on a basic ability had to lose that stun
 except Ana, whose CC was the longest BY FAR. As a tank player, her remaining CC feels like a black mark on what otherwise was a very welcome change.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind ana’s sleep dart being replaced with something else either. She could be given widow’s grappling hook or ashe’s coach gun as compensation. Sleep dart is just a way for her to survive since ana and zen are the few supports who lacks mobility.

Of course, her sleep dart can also be used aggressively as well. Which is were most of the skill expression comes from. Like being able to sleep a recalling tracer, flying pharah/echo/mercy, ulting genji/sombra/illari/moira, etc. It would be a waste to remove the ability and not recycle it on other heroes.

So if we were to take away ana’s sleep dart, I’d want it to be given to tanks instead. Since they’re the ones who should predominantly have the crowd control ability anyway. As long as the ability is recycled to other heroes (preferably tanks), I’m okay with ana’s sleep dart being replaced with a different escaping ability.

1 Like

Don’t even try against these forum Andys, one post suggested the 50% thing and now is spreading like wildfire.

Zens charged attacks can almost one shot anybody. You don’t need a sleep dart if they’re dead.

That also would make sense and make me hate her a little less

That is such a great quote, thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Yeah, but he can’t do anything else while charging.

Right.

The issue though, was that Zen, like Ana has no mobility and he doesn’t get a sleep dart.

What he does get, is an ability that will one shot people, and a kick I have used on at least one occasion to yeet a Reinhardt into oblivion via knockback.

So no, he doesn’t have a sleepy dart or lots of mobility. What he doesn’t have though is a Q that makes him immortal and boosts his movement as well as a charged DPS shot that will likely kill anyone he hits with it at full charge (we can call this the perma-sleep dart, AKA death.) and a knockback mechanic.

His charge shot doesn’t have a long cooldown (just the time to charge it) and his kick’s cooldown is the animation.

So I mean at the end of the day, there are other options available to Zen. That’s sort of how Overwatch works. Different characters have different abilities. If they have high DPS/HPS they either have no mobility or are super fragile.

No one character does everything and is good at everything.

Ana remains a largely single target ranged healer. Ball, Winston, Genji, Sombra, Tracer can all dive her which immediately requires people to peel for her or protect her.

Zarya has shields that cleanse anti, naps immortality field can protect people who are anti’d, kiriko can cleanse anti.

Jar can also be absorbed by DVA, Sig and Orisa.

Sig, Rein, Ram, Brig all have shields that can block jar entirely.

Sig, Ram, Doom, Orisa, DVA all have cooldowns that can also boost defense, and reduce or nullify incoming damage even IF they do get anti’d. On the flip though sleep dart will affect RAM and DOOM.

I mean, I play Ana a lot. But there are games where she is NOT the pick to use (when I’m being dived non-stop or when they have things cleansing anti all the time, etc.)

Almost every hero has counter picks. Several of them. So I really don’t see why people are screaming so much about 1 ability that has several counters on a character with little mobility and is squishy as hell.

1 Like

Because the point of “Balance” is to increase the simultaneous choices that are both Unique, and Worthwhile.

And it’s a severe “Balance” problem if only a handful of heroes are drastically narrowing down Worthwhile hero choices.

And not just for Tanks, but also Supports.

Heck, between AntiNade, Widow, and Hanzo, and all the burst damage that implies. That’s also narrowing down DPS hero choices, because they gotta cut through all that escalated set of defenses that are currently tuned to being able to deal with that burst damage.

Because it means you literally can’t play half the tank roster, and she’s in 90% of games on BOTH sides.

I, for one, don’t enjoy basically being forced to pick one of 3 tanks because any other tank is instantly countered. And Ana is the largest contributing factor to that.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure I named half the tank roster as having abilities that can negate/counter or handle ‘nade. Of that entire roster only 2 of them have mitigations that can be countered with a sleep dart.

There are also several DPS picks that can help mitigate her effectiveness as pointed out above and 2 supports that also have abilities that can counter or limit its effectiveness.

To counter dive comp you need brawlers, to counter brawlers you need range/snipers, to counter range/snipers you need dive. Or counter them all with Bastion/Rein/Symm/Mercy. (That last bit is a joke)

It’s mostly a form of having a vitctim mentality, and attempting to cancel criticality; which, to me is sounding more and more that this player is actually an Ana player, with all the mega-horning they’re doing by saying stuff like “it’s time to protect Ana”.

From what I’ve seen, heroes/characters that have a stronger following will typically have a higher chance of antagonizing feeback, as opposed to those that don’t. Take Zenyatta as the most recent example. That character was pulverized once the critical feedback hot stage had set in against him, mostly from lack of backing from his main players.

1 Like

Ironically, the only thing kinda keeping her in check in OW1 was double shields. She wasn’t balanced in OW1 either, but favouritism is the rule.

1 Like