I want to protect Ana from the hate brigade

When you introduce systemic anti heal Then overwatch becomes paladins.

Why not?
Games take “heavy inspiration” from other titles all the time.

1 Like

Problems happen when you are coping the homework of the guy who copied your homework.

1 Like

Her anti heal should be like willow in paladins. Willow also has 100% anti heal. But instead of it being on heroes themselves, it’s in a area with a circle around it.

2 Likes

I can see an anti healing cloud left in an area you hit. That way you die in it it is a skill issue. You can walk out the cloud.

She’s one of the most despicable "“heroes”"of the game bar none

Hanzo is worse

1 Like

Ana is the farthest thing from beloved.

She’s a cancer to the game that has been ruining it for a while disguised by support players who have this fascination with her being one of the very few number of support heroes that require an inkling of brain activity to play. (And even then, it ain’t much)

Anti nade has been a point of discussion for YEARS at this point. It wasn’t just some 5v5 awakening that made ana hated.

Same for her sleep dart.

3 Likes

(Character) is too strong with damage boost? Nerf (character)!
(Character) is too weak with anti-nade? Buff (character)!
Nerf dmg boost/nade? What? No! That would ruin those characters’ identity, so lets just change every other character instead!

So was Brigitte 1.0 to Tracer. So was Zenyatta and his discord. So was Roadhog and his hook combo. So was Symmetra, Kiriko etc.

But guess what, they’ve all been reworked (some even more than twice) or changed and adjusted due to feedback. A necessary evil is still evil, just an evil you make excuses for over something that could be changed to be good.

You could either have the debuff be on direct hit only, have it’s cap lowered (85, 60% etc), increase the cool down again (the lazier approach) or reduce the radius of the nade itself.

There’s so much that could be done to make it fair, but they haven’t tried anything and are all out of ideas.

1 Like

Instead of doing tank specific changes and continuing to warp the game to suit Ana’s needs, they should change Ana

Foolishness

4 Likes

you mean like all of them, right? the inability to be healed with such a large hitbox is pretty much an instant counter, only one I can think of that gets away with it is ball

devs do that fine on their own, the devil doesnt need an advocate

1 Like

I like how all ana haters read title and started ju ranting out of context

When the solution is there clearly on the topic

But what you all have proven is you don’t want balance

But

Petty revenge on a old lady for your weakness over years and using the ow2 state as a excuse to extract it.

When it’s a simple fix.

Nah, I would suggest that multiple anti-healing debuffs would not be fun or fair. Stacking duration or intensity could be a pretty severe power swing in any fight.

It’d be better to give players immunity shortly after the first debuff application so things can be paced out.

People generally don’t complain that they are constantly getting debuffed but that the debuff itself is so strong.

Raising the cooldown is always the cheapest fob off a balance team will try. They did it with Zenyatta, making him worse and still annoying people who get tagged by his Discord Orb anyway.

Unless Ana was given an ultimate’s level of “cooldown” for her anti-nade then the problematic power imbalance is still there.

70% might be what is needed as an adjustment on the anti-healing. It doesn’t need any compensation buffs but if anyyhing it could last longer in a cloud effect in a small area, giving some area denial while still allowing enemies to avoid the debuff.

Reducing the power of the mechanic would certainly allow more Heroes to actually use it. I have an idea for a Hero using a similar cloud effect mentioned above!

The creativity opens up, but of course there should be a debuff lockout to prevent continued debuff chains.

Ana is legitimately everything the emrcy hate brigade says mercy is (except mobile)

Like she has so muvh into her damn kit its disgusting

1 Like
  1. This is problematic because of how it’d affect JQ’s ult.
  2. Sleep is almost as big of a problem as nade for those very same tanks. Blizzard literally took out all the hard CC on basic abilities outside of the tank roster EXCEPT sleep, and now the issues with it are showing.
1 Like

Because Ana is a hard enough hero for most of her mains to understand all the problems with her once they’re skilled.

If Ana mains aren’t defending Ana, why are you?

Nah man its totally justified tbh anti is insane for a cooldown

Edit: 20k posts oh my

2 Likes

These are poor thoughts.

I’ve played tank to the highest skill brackets a solo queue player would reasonably reach.

Turns out there’s always still Anas there. In fact, there are more Anas there. And there is no level of “getting good” at which Ana stops making tanks awful to play.

The result is people not playing tank. Like it’s hilarious that the role with the strongest abilities, highest health pool, best ultimates, and fewest slots is queued as so little.

Congrats :clap:

Not against squishies only tanks.

So the change has to be Targeted.

Tank is always least liked role in all games.

You can remove ana tomorrow and the role will still feel the same.

Sure grav is one of the best ultimate but would you do blade or grav? For fun

Impact feedback is poor on tanks.you have great impact and value but poor feedback on what you accomplish to feel good.

There is a reason more people like iron man more than Hulk.