I took the forums advice - I stopped flexing

What he means is, that if GMs were to flex, their stats would drop drastically.

The system is hypocritical. The game itself was DESIGNED to be a counter play and team based experience YET it rewards players who one trick MORE than those who follow the actual game design.

its a completely extreme Catch 22 and it is completely ridiculous.

There are plenty of gms who flex to many different heroes?

Moral of the story is don’t play heroes you’re complete trash at just to fill

1 Like

Then you should get good at the game and accept the lost. Handicapping yourself won’t work in higher ranks since you’ll just get abused for one tricking. I had a person on my team that one trick Junkrat, and the enemy team abuse that and we lost. At this point he is probably now in Plat instead of Diamond due to not being able to play other DPS, or roles.

Being good at more than one or a few heros is not a handicap.

And no orange. They don’t flex on the same account. And they certainly dont flex to EVERY situation. Why? because they would derank them if they lose. Which again, is selfish.

All that matters in this game is if you win or lose. There is only about 18-20% games that are complete lost and nothing a person can do about it. All the other games you, as a individual, can easily change the outcome of the match. You should always learn two roles in a game and become good at both. You should learn multiply heroes in that role just in-case that they counter the comp that the team is playing.

You’re seriously dumb if you believe that. Gm is absolutely not filled with 1 tricks to that degree

No. That only matters for Diamond ranks and above. That has not been implemented for the lower tiers yet. Plat and below are still under the global system whre it compares you to everyone else playing that hero in your skill tier.

Learnings: by improving your gameplay you climbed, because it’s easier to be better than average at this game if you focus your effort, instead of playing a lot of heroes badly.

Go look at the top 500 stats and tell me t5hat. have you actually LOOKED at the lists fdor the past few seasons??? yeah there are a few “diamonds in the rough” but most of them are one tricks where a large majoprity of their play time is on 1 hero. Playing 1 match as a heals compared to the 25 wins you have as a Widowmaker is NOT flexing. Those are the instances where someone took their Widow first and they were forced to pick something else.

I don’t know what leaderboard you’re looking at. Plenty of t500 players play different heroes

Yeah here is how like the bulk of stats seem to break down and why player fall into the trap of blaming the system
So a player looks at their stat page and lets say it’s showing
150w-129l-15t for a 53.7% win rate maybe a 60% win rate with a given hero or two and here it comes “Why can’t I rank up!?!!”.

but that’s 294 times they went into battle and technically they only walked away a winner in 150 out of 294 at a .510 win rate. So we already lost 2+% of feel good stats. Then maybe that player went 8-2 in placements. Ok so now their true post placement record is 142w-127l-15 ties.

So now we are down to being sent into battle 284 times and walking out a “winner” in a 142 and hey now, that’s a good old 50% win rate. So no rank up, at all. Player would need to win 165+ games out of 295 played to really move up.

You are looking at this completely wrong dude.

The SR gains and losses are based on the MM as well as your stats when you compare them to every other player who plays that hero.

If the GLOBAL average for ALL Gold tier Genji players is 45 eliminations lets say, and you only get 35 elims, you get less SR when you win and lose MORE when you lose.

Its not the MEDAL that matters, its the actual comparison. That is why even with Gold medals, you are still not performing as good as other players in that tier and THAT is a big part of the problem because that is also weighed against the MatchMakers ability to group people as close to a 50/50 win percentage as it can. So if you are the one with the advantage (lets say your team has a 51% chance of winning and the other has 49% chance) you AGAIN will lose more SR to the team with the small disadvantage if you lose.

THAT is what is wrong with the system. It calculates your gains and loss of SR based on a global standard and NOT pure player skill in a MATCH. It is comparing you to players you will likely never meet or ever play with/against.

1 Like

What you fail to recognize is the majority of the player base isn’t even worth a thought in the minds of the Devs and the Execs. it is all about the Masters- top 500. The majority most certainly does not rule in this environment. As others have stated the system does not normalize until you reach masters then and only then does your MMR and SR truly equal out.

I was on a 7 game winning streak last night, went from 869-1045, not a great gain but inspiring none the less. What did I see:
Wins 1-5 (869-983 SR) 22-24 SR gains. Wins 6 & 7 30, 32 SR gains. My game performance remained the same throughout, each one was a great match, not a single blow out or “smurf” Genji. Everyone busted their butts and it was fantastic.

I am so leery to log into a comp match, I am expecting to get steam rolled yet again.

1 Like

Lol what does that even mean

Basically means once you have invested thousands of hours you are finally “normalized” where the penalties no longer exceed the gains.

let me play 3 matches in a row without two idiot teammates fighting the entire time and I’ll get back to you for advice on how to be a good teammate.

1 Like

Why would that only happen for the top 3% of players?..

yes clearly blizzards $$$$$$$$$$ system isn’t just herpy-derpy win percentage only and that’s it, done. Yet all the deep math level stuff still just boils down to needing to win 55% or more of all games played or a person can’t rank up. Then if winning at a 55% or higher clip one has to play a ton of games to reach a given SR goal. Higher the goal, the more games need to be played.

The wild card is of course very high performance. Then a player can win a few less games percentage wise and move up slowly. The monster player also rockets up nearly instantly, like surefour was saying on his stream that by his 3rd placement game he is already playing against masters.
That’s just because the guy is a top OWL level DPS player.

So a person can keep their charts, break down daily up and down… Track who the play with and against etc. In the end, as it has been since around S2 you either win 55%+ and move up or you don’t rank up.
54%-53% can move with high performance
53% or less (some over lap here) a person just doens’t move up in rank unless already good enough to be past 3k.

Like my run to 3k back in the day was 58%+ of all games played after placement into low plat and that’s it, done.

Stop removing the text from the quotes and taking what I saw out of context.

There are arrows in the posts/quotes for a reason.
If a person wants the entire message you just click the arrow. There is NO reason to quote and re-re-re-re-post entire messages over and over.

Never mind that if a person was bothering to read what we are all bashing out and rambling about they would need to have the attention span of a flea to forget what they just read 2 second and 1-2 message above.